Menu

Poll: Browsers for PC

Which internet browser do you have on your PC?  

1. 1. Which internet browser do you have on your PC?

• Internet Explorer
    • Firefox
    • Mozilla
    • Opera
    • other

Google Chrome.

I also have Mozilla but rarely use it--I only use it if Chrome won't open a page for some reason. I have Internet Explorer, but have to be pretty desperate to use it--my brother, who works in IT security, thinks it's pretty risky to use it. I don't know if that's true or not (he can be kind of set in his ways), but it's enough to make me not use it when there are other options that I like better anyway.

I use Firefox. IE is installed on my laptop, but I've only used it twice that I can remember. Once to do some job app that could only be done on IE, and once to download Firefox :)

I haven't tried chrome out yet, but it does interest me. FF is working well enough for me right now though that I don't want to deal with the hassle of switching.

I never use IE (internet exploder) any more. :001_smile:

:lol::lol::lol: Too funny and so true.

I've used Mozilla/Firefox for *years* and years. Before that was Netscape. I abhor IE and do everything I can to avoid it. I'll use Chrome sometimes too, especially on DH's laptop. Or Safari.

I have IE and Chrome, but I use Firefox almost exclusively.

Mozilla makes FF. But they also make Thunderbird and Sunbird (both of which I like) as well as other things.

But, Thunderbird is an email client and Sunbird is a calendar application. So, I wouldn't put Mozilla and Firefox as separate poll options, because I am pretty sure Firefox is their only web browser?

I don't bother with Opera because so many sites are incompatible with it. I use Safari on my phone.

Ok, what does everyone have against IE? I have always used it and I am fairly resistant to change and don't want to learn how to use new technology so I just continue using it. Is there some reason I should change?

My hubbby works in the computer industry and he says that there are a lot of privacy and security concerns with google chrome. My kids prefer it (IDK why) but he doesn't want it on our computers. So most everyone in my house uses FF.

My brother runs linnux on his PC and I think he uses FF. I am not sure about that but he is very tech savvy and security and preformance conscious.

Ok, what does everyone have against IE? I have always used it and I am fairly resistant to change and don't want to learn how to use new technology so I just continue using it. Is there some reason I should change?

It is sloooow. Plus, I play an online game that constantly crashes in IE.

Thanks. I was just polling the ones that I could think of, I didn't realize that FF and Mozilla were the same. I just got a new laptop and all I have used until now was IE. I tried FF on the desktop that has Vista (Ewww) but it crashed as much as every other program in Vista.

I have FF, IE and Chrome. The only reason I have IE is because I have to use it for work. Otherwise I wouldn't use it.

I use FF 99% of the time. I do like Chrome but it isn't compatible with everything.

I don't need it for work, just haven't deleted IE, otherwise :iagree: