Menu

So upset about my hair....

This is so upsetting to me because I am overweight, out of shape and don't have a good complexion... I felt like my hair looked really good for a while and was a really big boost to me, and now that is gone. I was so stupid to go somewhere else instead of back to the same person. Stupid, stupid stupid.

My hair looked a little like this when I got it cut last time and I was so, so happy with it: http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQXnVEpF3sG1EjQQN4wctqGAGcD6N4pcaS3yn6QL4kWPUFbHL4FqQ

It grew out of shape and thicker, so I went to get it trimmed back into shape. She ignored the picture I showed her and said that she would follow the lines of the same cut I had before. She razored and used texturizing scissors. Now it looks like this: http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQl49CxhVp6kqF0zbO5lDG_MOvx08k8nlU-fyTkq_0niOE0tNpOkg Only fuzzy and thinner, like old lady hair. :(

I'm so sorry. I hate it when a haircut doesn't come out right. The good thing is that it will grow. Leave it for a few weeks or so and go back to the person you like and have it well styled until it grows out. I doubt it looks as bad as you think it does. Grit your teeth when you get a compliment. :)

I'm so sorry!!:grouphug: I know exactly how you feel. My hair has always been sort of longish, or I'm always trying to grow it long. I sometimes feel like that's my only attractive thing.:sad: At least for the last 4 or 5 years. I've gained weight, and gone through skin problems, too. If my skin is good, I can say "Okay, I maybe fat & my hair sucks, but my face looks good!" When all 3 aren't happening, it does a number on me.

But, let's look on the bright side. We're here, and we're healthy, right? And, the hair will grow, and we can try and eat better & exercise, and maybe that will help the skin.:001_smile:

I can so relate. I just posted on this recently. I haven't been happy with my hair in ten years. I just recently paid $50 for a hair cut. I asked for something drastically different and honestly people couldn't tell it had been cut at all. At least I don't hate it though. :grouphug:

Edited by KidsHappen

It grows back, but in the meantime.... try everything in your styling kit until you find a way to style it where it makes you, at least, less unhappy. Sometimes some hot rollers and a bit of mousse, or a flat iron and some gel can do wonders for a bad cut.

I'm really sorry. :grouphug:

Getting a haircut always stresses me out. I just got one Friday after not having had one in close to 6 months. The guy did a decent job, but I had to have him frou frou me up because I was going to work right after and didn't have time to go home and dry it myself. I liked the cut much better 2 days later when I had time to mess with it and get it look like "me" again.

Maybe things will look better tomorrow, after you get a chance to rewash it and fiddle with it your way.

It grows back, but in the meantime.... try everything in your styling kit until you find a way to style it where it makes you, at least, less unhappy. Sometimes some hot rollers and a bit of mousse, or a flat iron and some gel can do wonders for a bad cut.

:iagree: I have btdt too, so:grouphug:. Usually after a day or two I can style it in a way that I don't hate it.

Yes, thank you. I put silicone on it, used a round brush, a couple of bobby pins. It is still a bad cut, but it isn't ruining my whole looks. I just can't stand the fuzzy fly away hairs. I have no idea what the stylist was thinking. I complained about my hair falling out while she washed it, I didn't want it thinner, DUH!

I have been on the internet trying to distract myself from being depressed about it.

That baby came up in a random google search on fuzzy hair or something like that. :lol:

First of :grouphug:'s about the haircut. I would cry!!!

That said, I am so thankful for an enjoyable thread right now :D.

That stinks. I have been there with the cheap stylists -- they just don't "cut it". IME, you really get what you pay for when it comes to hair, even though it goes against every fiber of my being to pay so much for a hair cut!!

Could you call the manager and ask that someone experienced cuts your hair again for free? Maybe they can give you something you will be a little happier with.

That stinks. I have been there with the cheap stylists -- they just don't "cut it". IME, you really get what you pay for when it comes to hair, even though it goes against every fiber of my being to pay so much for a hair cut!!

Could you call the manager and ask that someone experienced cuts your hair again for free? Maybe they can give you something you will be a little happier with.

No way! The manager is the one who cut it. She just kept cutting. It is way shorter and thinner than I wanted it. No more cutting here. You just can't fix a buzz cut.

ACK! Yeowch that add is baaad.

But "bewitching wiggetry" ?

I'm gunna hafta steal that.

Once I asked for a face frame, and the girl combed my hair onto my cheeks and cut on an angle up to my bangs. I bawled my eyes out. I still remember her name to this day. (((hugs)))

Edited by justamouse

The sun will shine all the brighter next month when your hair grows out (hug). Look on the bright side, some of us (moi!) are fat, bad skinned and have; eczema, bad nails, bad breath, water eyes and hearing loss with disproportionate facial and physical features.

Thanks!:001_huh::lol:

Yeah, I have an autoimmune disease that causes a lot of this stuff. My hair is falling out. I was soooooo pleased when this last time I was able to have a long hair cut instead of cutting it short as a result like I normally do. Then I didn't go back to the same person. Stupid Stupid Stupid!!!

Interesting...

Bad Hair Day

Meaning

A day on which one's hair seems unmanagable. Also extended to mean a day when everything seems to go wrong.

Origin

amilyn.jpgThis first came into prominence in the language following its use in the 1992 film Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Buffy (Kristy Swanson) to the one-armed vampire Amilyn (Paul Reubens):

"I'm fine but you're obviously having a bad hair day.".

The phrase was already known by that date but not very widely used. In July 1988 the Press Democrat, a Santa Rosa, California newspaper printed:

"Even those who emerge from the sea to casually braid their shiny wet vines into a thick coil with a hibiscus on the end also have bad-hair days.".

Whether that's where the term was coined isn't certain, although it is a strong contender. There are many hearsay reports that it is much earlier, but no hard evidence has emerged to support them.