Menu

all I need is cake and a fork

Man, I could totally go for some guava and cheese pastries right now. MMMMMMMMM :tongue_smilie:

Me too ... and I'm on the hcg diet :glare:. Who says I can't dream about it? A friend from Puerto Rico often brings a Guava Jelly Roll for us. I LOVE them. I need to start making these myself. Anything guava flavored, I absolutely love and you're living in the perfect place for them also. :D

rocambole+2.JPG

Me too ... and I'm on the hcg diet :glare:. Who says I can't dream about it? A friend from Puerto Rico often brings a Guava Jelly Roll for us. I LOVE them. I need to start making these myself. Anything guava flavored, I absolutely love and you're living in the perfect place for them also. :D

rocambole+2.JPG

Those look good, but I'm thinking of the Cuban ones. I could do some serious damage to a plate of these. Man, now I'm thinking I need to go make a pasteles run. :D

pastelesdeguyabayqueso.jpg

Those look good, but I'm thinking of the Cuban ones. I could do some serious damage to a plate of these. Man, now I'm thinking I need to go make a pasteles run. :D

My DH made those for a preschool holiday party last year and everyone raved about them! No one knew who made them, so we were walking around listening to all these people make yummy noises and wonder over them :lol: He was so proud of himself! I didn't know they were considered Cuban though. My Puerto Rican MIL makes them!

DH is making san cocho tonight for dinner because I'm sick :001_wub:

Justamouse, that's how I eat cake in this house in general. By bedtime most days, I'm ready for the fork and cake and to be alone for at least an hour! :grouphug:

Just plop the whole thing right in front of me. Wine isn't quite satisfactory tonight. I need carb overload and extra sugar, please. :glare:

What you need to make is this ;):

Her description is accurate:

This cake is another story. It is absolutely, without a doubt, The Best Chocolate Sheet Cake. Ever. It’s moist beyond imagination, chocolatey and rich like no tomorrow, and 100% of the time, causes moans and groans from anyone who takes a bite.

This is what I make when I feel like you described.... chocolate, carbs, sugar. This has it all!:lol:

Okay, that's just not fair :lol:. First of all, they don't have those here. Secondly, I'm on a diet ... :glare:

Oh, my ... wow. Off to copy and paste. :D

What you need to make is this ;):

Her description is accurate:

This cake is another story. It is absolutely, without a doubt, The Best Chocolate Sheet Cake. Ever. It’s moist beyond imagination, chocolatey and rich like no tomorrow, and 100% of the time, causes moans and groans from anyone who takes a bite.

This is what I make when I feel like you described.... chocolate, carbs, sugar. This has it all!:lol:

God Bless Ree. This I can do. I was going to make the Hershey's cake with coud burst frosting, but this looks great.

OMG-Guava and cheese! We eat that all the time here-but I didn't know it could be made into a pastry! Recipe, pretty please?

Clearly you didn't have enough. ;)

I know, right? :D

I had to just dump a bunch of dairy free chocolate chips in my mouth. I couldn't wait for cookies.

LOL, BTDT!

y'all are crakin' me up.

The guava and cheese is SOOO easy, but it's not exactly whole food, and it does involve deep frying, which I try never to do personally :lol: DH just cuts a thin slice of cream cheese and a thin slice of guava jelly, wraps it in a premade pastry circle (Goya or La Cena brand, you can usually find them in the frozen food section), folds it over, presses the edge with a fork, and deep fries it.

I'm sure you could make your own pastry circles, but he doesn't. I have no idea how you'd replicate the cream cheese or guava jelly to make it more homemade though. He also makes killer pastelitos this way--the filling is ground beef and a whole bunch of other stuff, but I have no idea what. Some things, I just let him make.

I myself am contemplating Ree's cake for tonight *slurp* I don't think I have enough butter though :(

rocambole+2.JPG

Alright, Negin. This image is just cruel!!!!!!!! :tongue_smilie:

This was me yesterday- I did the following:

1. Ate handfuls of Enjoy Life Choc. Chips

2. Ate Kinnkinick Donuts

3. Went to store and bought some M&Ms and devoured them.

I really wanted a brownie but was too lazy to make them and don't care for the store bought kind.

Today I'm ending the evening with a glass of Jack Daniels straight up.

Sometimes alcohol helps right away, sometimes we need to break out the big guns- CHOCOLATE.

My DH made those for a preschool holiday party last year and everyone raved about them! No one knew who made them, so we were walking around listening to all these people make yummy noises and wonder over them :lol: He was so proud of himself! I didn't know they were considered Cuban though. My Puerto Rican MIL makes them!

Well, I always thought they were Cuban because I grew up eating them and they sell them in all the Cuban pastry shops here, but maybe it's just Caribbean. That could be too. :)

DH is making san cocho tonight for dinner because I'm sick :001_wub:

mmmmmmmmmmmmm San cocho! YUM!

Okay, that's just not fair :lol:. First of all, they don't have those here. Secondly, I'm on a diet ... :glare:

Sorrryyyyy. hehehe They're really good though. Just imagine an apple turnover, but instead of apples inside, it's guava and cheese. :drool5:

OMG-Guava and cheese! We eat that all the time here-but I didn't know it could be made into a pastry! Recipe, pretty please?

I don't have one, I always just buy them from the bakery, but Melissel's recipe below looks about right. I would just add that you sprinkle them with white sugar too when they are done.

The guava and cheese is SOOO easy, but it's not exactly whole food, and it does involve deep frying, which I try never to do personally :lol: DH just cuts a thin slice of cream cheese and a thin slice of guava jelly, wraps it in a premade pastry circle (Goya or La Cena brand, you can usually find them in the frozen food section), folds it over, presses the edge with a fork, and deep fries it.

I'm sure you could make your own pastry circles, but he doesn't. I have no idea how you'd replicate the cream cheese or guava jelly to make it more homemade though. He also makes killer pastelitos this way--the filling is ground beef and a whole bunch of other stuff, but I have no idea what. Some things, I just let him make.

I myself am contemplating Ree's cake for tonight *slurp* I don't think I have enough butter though :(

That cake does look good. Yum!

Also saw the recipe here - a complicated version and a less complicated version. :)

I should not have read this thread. My salad and chili lunch is seeming completely inadequate now. Being pregnant doesn't help. I could really use some chocolate right now! Hmm, I think we have a jar of chocolate frosting. Do you think it would be really terrible if I just ate some with a spoon?

I should not have read this thread. My salad and chili lunch is seeming completely inadequate now. Being pregnant doesn't help. I could really use some chocolate right now! Hmm, I think we have a jar of chocolate frosting. Do you think it would be really terrible if I just ate some with a spoon?

Is there another way to eat it other than that?? :confused1: ;) :D

Guest pbbuttercup

Every night all I need is a cake and fork - forget the fork, I would manage with just my hands even. Chocolate is my greatest weakness, and warm baked goods is even harder to resist. And by resist, I mean literally I can eat the entire thing, right after I made it. This may very well be considered a serious and probably harmful addiction in my life - CHOCOHOLIC!