Menu

Sad morning

We had to put down our 11 1/2 yr old lab this morning. She has been such a sweet dog. She'd had arthritis for the past 6 years, and things were getting worse. She also developed diabetes. She just wasn't a happy or comfortable girl. Many tears in this family today, esp dh: Daisy was his dog.

We had to put down our 11 1/2 yr old lab this morning. She has been such a sweet dog. She'd had arthritis for the past 6 years, and things were getting worse. She also developed diabetes. She just wasn't a happy or comfortable girl. Many tears in this family today, esp dh: Daisy was his dog.

:grouphug:

I am so sorry.

My black lab died in my arms in 2001. He was 13.5 years old. He was a My Good Boy who was by my side for some the best and worst times of my life.

Daisy was probably a yellow lab, right? Poor girl.

:grouphug: My old girl had more manners and perceptiveness than many humans. A good dog does everything but talk.

Gosh, my heart just breaks for you. No kidding, we just went through this w/my baby. He's not a baby, but nine-years-old. My Bear (giant-German rottie), weighs in at 135 lb. and for the last several month he's been dragging his back legs. Continually getting worse until he cries. I was sure when we brought him into the vet. (hubby and I had to actually put him in the back seat) that they were gonna tell us this is what we needed to do. After x-rays, pain meds, and a bill that makes me wish we had insurance for our animals he's home. Still not energetic and running, mostly dragging. But, I'm so grateful. I know the time is coming, and I could just cry right now. Please know you and your family are in my prayers, sending you much love and light. ~~always~~

Thanks, everyone. Yes, Daisy was a yellow lab. We got her when my baby was 3 or 4, and all 6 children grew up with her. Our tabby cat, Kitty, had to be put down this past October; she was 17. Only pet-lovers can understand the hurt that comes from losing those furry family members; it truly does leave a hole in the family.

I had two great labs that weathered my single life, my marriage, my divorce, my next marriage and one even got to meet my first child! Talk about companionship! (They were 2 years apart and each lived 15 1/2 yrs)

Many many :grouphug: to you as you adjust to the new normal. You will never forget Daisy. We still talk about my Irish Setter who died in 1983, let alone my labs. Great dogs are just that. GREAT!