Menu

Mangled "Princess Bride" Quote - Had to share

DH and I were discussing how girls include and exclude each other as a natural pattern of social behavior. I mentioned that I'm hoping to get together with a fellow mom and try to sort some of this stuff out because she understands it better than I do.

He turned to me and said, "Let me get this right: You'll put down your Barbie and I'll put down my Polly Pocket and we'll just try to exclude each other like civilized people?"

:lol:

Mama Anna

Guest RecumbentHeart

It's been too long since I've seen that movie so I don't fully appreciate it but it sounds like it would have been funny .. for what that's worth. lol

On a serious note though, and a bit of a tangent, I was, coincidentally, talking with DH this past week about the deep and lingering effects that behavior during school years had on me (though not in isolation of other factors). I'm nearly 30 and just now working on personal healing and growth.

On a serious note though, and a bit of a tangent, I was, coincidentally, talking with DH this past week about the deep and lingering effects that behavior during school years had on me (though not in isolation of other factors). I'm nearly 30 and just now working on personal healing and growth.

I'm so glad you're being able to work through it now. It hit me so thoroughly and hard in ps that I just sort of exited all cliques and looked in from the outside throughout middle and high school. And college, too. That's why I don't really understand it well - I don't know how to deal with it, just how to step out of it and live without friendships. :D

I've got to teach my girls how to avoid dealing it out as well as to avoid being crushed by it.

Mama Anna

"Let me get this right: You'll put down your Barbie and I'll put down my Polly Pocket and we'll just try to exclude each other like civilized people?"

Mama Anna

That part is funny. But the exclusion and inclusion part, ouch. I don't understand it but I don't think I'd be meeting with someone else who thinks they understand it better! :D

Guest RecumbentHeart
"You mean, you'll put down your rock and I'll put down my sword, and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people? "

Now I get it. Yeah .. that's funny.

And now I'm just laughing at what a dork I am being so slow to join in the laughing. :tongue_smilie:

DH and I were discussing how girls include and exclude each other as a natural pattern of social behavior. I mentioned that I'm hoping to get together with a fellow mom and try to sort some of this stuff out because she understands it better than I do.

He turned to me and said, "Let me get this right: You'll put down your Barbie and I'll put down my Polly Pocket and we'll just try to exclude each other like civilized people?"

Mama Anna

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Love. It. That is my favorite movie. And the book is even better!

But the exclusion and inclusion part, ouch. I don't understand it but I don't think I'd be meeting with someone else who thinks they understand it better! :D

It's okay. This mom watched it from both the inside and outside during high school (boarding school), is now reformed :D and seems to be able to spot the symptoms pretty early on in watching interactions. We've discussed it before, but it's been awhile and our daughters (roughly the same age) are entering another stage of it now.

Mama Anna

"She's only mostly social! If she were completely social, the only thing left to do is grab your friends, haul her to the bathroom, and give her an atomic wedgie. But, mostly social...."

:smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5:

Dh saw this and almost hit the floor laughing! (He couldn't because the corner of the couch was in the way . . .)

Mama Anna