Menu

Talk to me

My sil wants to know how message boards work. Say hello to her, her name is Terry.

Hey, Terry! Here's the deal with message boards. Two people ~ say your sister-in-law and me ~ who may have diametrically opposed political viewpoints; who have very different takes on environmental stewardship; who live nowhere near one another and lead very different lives (although animals are central to each life)...those two people may "share" space and time via this online community ~ on Christmas Eve, even! Whaddya know.:D

Hi, Terry! Can you see me waving?

:001_huh:

There are only 3 things we (should) never talk about on this board:

Politics,

Religion,

and Individual Math Curriculum Choices (though in recent years, we've all been a lot better to each other in that regard).

Feel free to discuss teA, booKs, and husbanKs, however.

:tongue_smilie:

Hey, Terry! Here's the deal with message boards. Two people ~ say your sister-in-law and me ~ who may have diametrically opposed political viewpoints; who have very different takes on environmental stewardship; who live nowhere near one another and lead very different lives (although animals are central to each life)...those two people may "share" space and time via this online community ~ on Christmas Eve, even! Whaddya know.:D

Colleen! Where ya been?!!!

Merry Christmas to you both. Anyone want to come make a pie crust for me? I'm ready to tear down the walls. I had to take a moment to calm myself :p

That's how boards work... someone posts something and someone else hijacks it. :lol:

Really, though, I need assistance with this crust or else we're just going to be eating mince meat filling tomorrow.

My sil wants to know how message boards work. Say hello to her, her name is Terry.

Well, hi there Terry. Do talk to me. I want to know how Remudamom works. What's the deal? Is she even real? Do real people know her? I've been doubting... perhaps she's a myth... but feel free to set me straight on that one. :D

Waving from the far north, in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, eh!

Hey There!!!! It isn't fair to brag about location!! I'm in dreary Oregon... with some more rain coming for us!!

:)

I will only be here for 3 more weeks, I have to brag while I have the chance.:D

FWIW, it rained here (REAL rain, not the usual Hawaii rain) Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and part of yesterday.:tongue_smilie:The mall has been closed at least part of every day this week because they keep losing power.

:seeya:

Hi Terry!

Nice to meetcha!

How message boards work? The real wizards are the web hosts and moderators. We are just thankful for the space.

But, we are definitely a community. A welcoming one! (see waving smiley above)

P.S. I love your sister. She is a real straight-shooter -- a rare and valuable commodity these days. Merry Christmas, Remudamom!

AuntieM

(who really should be in bed, but what the heck, it's Christmas Eve and I'm making chocolate fudge!!!)

Happy Boxing Day!

Except I don't think you Yanks (just to be controversial, though I am speaking in my Australian dialect where it isn't) do Boxing Day, and most of you are probably in bed still anyway coz it's only 9am now.

I just had cake. It's ok to have cake for breakfast on Christmas, isn't it? And if I didn't eat it, dh would want to take it to the picnic with his parents today, and they don't like it anyway so it'd be a waste.

Yum yum.

Rosie