Menu

It is after midnight where I am. Whatcha having for a midnight snack?

My usual pre-bedtime snack of cereal (Frosted Mini Wheats). I can't go to bed without having a bowl of cereal. Funny thing is my dh who once thought me nuts for this habit now has a bowl himself most nights. :D

Mmm.. my cereal of choice at bedtime is Froot Loops. Sadly I'm out of them.

A few ounces of merlot...

I wonder how that would go with my benedryl and English muffin.

Ah, must you tease me so? Do you not know that I live in the middle of nowhere with only the most basic of options for dining out. *Sighs dramatically*

Enjoy your meal.

Lol! I'd take you with me if I could, my friend!:)

And I hear you about living in an area with few other choices. I actually avoid vacationing in some areas in the Western world because there is no ethnic food available! I feel your pain!

If I had the opportunity to travel the world, I'd do it just to be able to experience the food.

I agree! I love eating ethnic food, too!

Just for fun, where would you like to go? Which foods would you like to try in their native places?

I agree! I love eating ethnic food, too!

Just for fun, where would you like to go? Which foods would you like to try in their native places?

Greece. Oh, how I adore Greek food.

Thailand

France

Scandinavia

England

Somewhere in the Middle East

Russia both eastern and western

Ireland

Scotland

Brazil

One of the Polynesian islands - or all of them.

Mozambique

Weird food night here...a few mini bagel bites, then half a piece of some pretty good chocolate peppermint with cream cheese icing loaf from our local Border's, and, of course, a glass of red. I will probably want something else in a bit...up marathon knitting the last of a pair of socks for my mom. Just finished watching The Nativity Story with the kids, and I am gonna watch the next episode or two of The Pillars of The Earth on Netflix.

Greece. Oh, how I adore Greek food.

Thailand

France

Scandinavia

England

Somewhere in the Middle East

Russia both eastern and western

Ireland

Scotland

Brazil

One of the Polynesian islands - or all of them.

Mozambique

Interesting list! I wouldn't go to England/Scotland for the food, though, lol! We were always hunting out Indian restaurants in England! And everything in Scotland was boiled, lol!

The only other place I've been on your list is France. I love France. My dh is French, and the food is great. We've veg, so we don't eat much in traditional French restaurants, except maybe a creperie (there's usually one or maybe two choices on the menu for us), or a place with salade chevre (salad with hot goat cheese). Homemade ice cream is pretty common in shops, and we love that (and pay through the nose -- a scoop the size of a quarter can be $2-$3!). And of course I love every bakery we've ever seen!

I used to love to go to Moroccan restaurants when we lived in France. We ate coucous with whatever veg sauce they had (coucous nature). We also found a good Ethiopian place near the Parthenon (Gojo, if anyone is going soon . . .). The problem with France is that everything is so expensive, so if you want to eat out, you really have to budget carefully. I still love France, though.

How interesting it would be to eat Greek food in Greece, and all that wonderful Middle Eastern food in the Middle East! Man, my mouth is watering just thinking about it.

I bet fresh Brazilian food in Brazil would be a treat, too. My sister lived across from some Brazilian people when her dh was in college, and they made feijoada (black bean stew) every day. Yum! I bet the meat lovers are the ones who really like Brazil, though. Are you a meat eater? I'm sure the freshly roasted steaks are great.

Mozambique? Wow! I bet that would be an adventure. Do you know what kind of food they have there?

What a fun thread!:)

Interesting list! I wouldn't go to England/Scotland for the food, though, lol! We were always hunting out Indian restaurants in England! And everything in Scotland was boiled, lol!

I bet it is the best boiled food though. Where else would one go to try just a tinsey bite of haggis?

The only other place I've been on your list is France. I love France. My dh is French, and the food is great. We've veg, so we don't eat much in traditional French restaurants, except maybe a creperie (there's usually one or maybe two choices on the menu for us), or a place with salade chevre (salad with hot goat cheese). Homemade ice cream is pretty common in shops, and we love that (and pay through the nose -- a scoop the size of a quarter can be $2-$3!). And of course I love every bakery we've ever seen!

Oh, when we were close to Quebec (on the US side) I'd get stuff from just over the border at the French bakery. Yum.

I used to love to go to Moroccan restaurants when we lived in France. We ate coucous with whatever veg sauce they had (coucous nature). We also found a good Ethiopian place near the Parthenon (Gojo, if anyone is going soon . . .). The problem with France is that everything is so expensive, so if you want to eat out, you really have to budget carefully. I still love France, though.

Good to know. Just in case I win the Powerball.

How interesting it would be to eat Greek food in Greece, and all that wonderful Middle Eastern food in the Middle East! Man, my mouth is watering just thinking about it.

There is a new guy at dh's office. He is 2nd or 3rd generation Greek. I keep telling dh that the intern is going to have to give me cooking lessons.

I bet fresh Brazilian food in Brazil would be a treat, too. My sister lived across from some Brazilian people when her dh was in college, and they made feijoada (black bean stew) every day. Yum! I bet the meat lovers are the ones who really like Brazil, though. Are you a meat eater? I'm sure the freshly roasted steaks are great.

Mmm... black bean stew. That sounds yummy. Yup we eat meat. But I'd rather the black bean stew.

Mozambique? Wow! I bet that would be an adventure. Do you know what kind of food they have there?

What a fun thread!:)

I haven't got a clue what is traditional in Mozambique. I'd be willing to bet lots of terrific rice and bean dishes. I'm willing to find out though.

I haven't got a clue what is traditional in Mozambique. I'd be willing to bet lots of terrific rice and bean dishes. I'm willing to find out though.

Lol about the Powerball! I hear you. Most of our travel is related to dh's work. It would just be too expensive to take five kids around the world.

It sounds like you're in New England. What a beautiful place, and what good food, too. Do you get to Faneuil Hall very often? I haven't been in decades, but I remember enjoying the food court there.

Thanks again for the thread!:) And definitely go for the Greek cooking lessons, lol!

Lol about the Powerball! I hear you. Most of our travel is related to dh's work. It would just be too expensive to take five kids around the world.

It sounds like you're in New England. What a beautiful place, and what good food, too. Do you get to Faneuil Hall very often? I haven't been in decades, but I remember enjoying the food court there.

Thanks again for the thread!:) And definitely go for the Greek cooking lessons, lol!

It has been a couple years since I've actually been as far south as Boston. The food court was still there when we went. It was good.

Good night all. It has been an hour and a half since I actually found a snack. I'm for bed.