Menu

Stop sending me time-wasting "forward around the world" emails!

I am so sick of them. When people send me forwarded, fluffy emails, I delete them immediately.

Why on earth do people care so much about these things? Why do they think others will care so much?

I get about five a day from the person we rent our autumn vacation cabin from. :banghead:

When I open my hotmail, I immediately hit select all then quickly scan for anything that may be important. Then I delete it all at once. This is the email that I give out when you have to give out emails and to people notorious for sending junk. They do not know my daily email. ;) Even people like my dad is on this list. If it is an emergency, he will email me and then immediately call me to see if I received the email. :D So I do not worry about missing important info.

A few years ago, I sent an email to everyone asking them to not forward me emails. I asked the to only use my email to sent me direct communication.

It worked, and I no long have an overwhelmed email box :D

I did the same a few years ago but they're starting to creep back into practice for some.

I delete 'em all the time and the world hasn't ended yet.

It's really bad when it's your own mother. :banghead: How many times and in how many ways can I say "check it on Snopes first!!!!!" or, "no, I don't want to forward that picture of an angel to all my friends!"

But if you don't you don't love Jesus and you are denying Him and he will deny you.:rolleyes: Do they really believe that? Reminds me of this video -

I too delete such emails without even looking at them.

But.....but.....if you don't forward this to 500 people in the next minute you'll have bad luck forever! My cousin's friend read this e-mail, deleted it, walked outside and was hit by a BUS!!!!!! :tongue_smilie:

Yeah -- I hate them too. I have an aunt who sends them ALL the time. Some are stupid forwards about luck, some are political -- and generally from an angle I disagree with. I usually just delete them without reading them. They're really annoying. I only read forwards from a few people because they don't normally send them and when they do, they're funny.

It's really bad when it's your own mother. :banghead: How many times and in how many ways can I say "check it on Snopes first!!!!!" or, "no, I don't want to forward that picture of an angel to all my friends!"

:lol: My dad was like that! My brother and I still laugh about the panicked call he received and the panicked voice mail I received about AIDs-infested needles being left in change returns, and and the call not to flash your lights at someone if they flash their lights at you because it's a gang symbol and you'll get killed! :lol::lol::lol:

We bought him an urban legends daily calendar the following year.

Tell me about it! I get it from my MIL and my mother.

:lol::lol::lol:

My in-laws send them regularly . . . I did ask if they'd PLEASE not send so many . . . apparently they limit what they send! :scared: I feel TERRIBLE when my sweet pop-in-law asks if I've read "such and such" an email he sent and I have to (very quietly) say that I deleted it without reading it . . . .:001_huh: Sorry Dad!

Amy! You must be my long-lost sister!!! :lol: I love my mom, but the only thing she uses her email for is to forward glurge and urban legends. Sigh.

Wendi

But.....but.....if you don't forward this to 500 people in the next minute you'll have bad luck forever! My cousin's friend read this e-mail, deleted it, walked outside and was hit by a BUS!!!!!! :tongue_smilie:

Yeah -- I hate them too. I have an aunt who sends them ALL the time. Some are stupid forwards about luck, some are political -- and generally from an angle I disagree with. I usually just delete them without reading them. They're really annoying. I only read forwards from a few people because they don't normally send them and when they do, they're funny.

Ugh. The political ones were the worst during the presidential election season. This one lady from church . . . I was generally on the same side politically, but the e-mails were still offensive. Or stupid/uninformed. Often both.

Delete, delete, delete.

Guest mrsjamiesouth
I am so sick of them. When people send me forwarded, fluffy emails, I delete them immediately.

Why on earth do people care so much about these things? Why do they think others will care so much?

I get about five a day from the person we rent our autumn vacation cabin from. :banghead:

:iagree: I especially hate the one's that claim you don't love Jesus if you don't forward it. If the title looks suspicious I don't even open it.

:lol: This makes me feel SO much better that other people's mothers do the same thing. She fwd's stuff to my kids, too, and they feel bad about not reading them all, too. I can't really tell her--her feelings get hurt too easily--but I wish she would be selective. I don't mind one every once in a while--but could you please be a wee bit more selective?

I feel TERRIBLE when my sweet pop-in-law asks if I've read "such and such" an email he sent and I have to (very quietly) say that I deleted it without reading it . . . .:001_huh:

Yeah, as much as I hate to get them, the feeling of getting "busted" is not good, either!

She fwd's stuff to my kids, too, and they feel bad about not reading them all, too. I can't really tell her--her feelings get hurt too easily--but I wish she would be selective. I don't mind one every once in a while--but could you please be a wee bit more selective?

:iagree: My "forwarding agent" got the hint that I was not reading them, so started emailing the kids directly. I had to say something when they told me about a youtube forwarded from her friend's forward. My oldest showed me that if you didn't just click the link, but went through youtube's menu, you could easily see it was flagged as intended for audiences 18yrs+.:glare:

Edited by AuntieM

I HAVE THE SOLUTION!!! You "reply to all" every single time and copy and paste THIS into the email window, and hit send:

ATTENTION!

I want to thank all of you who took the time and trouble to send me your chain letters over the past 12 months.

I must send my thanks to whoever sent me the one about rat crap in the glue on envelopes cause I now have to get a wet towel with every envelope that needs sealing.

Also, I scrub the top of every can I open for the same reason.

Thank you for making me feel safe, secure, blessed, and wealthy.

Because of your concern I no longer drink Coca Cola because it can remove toilet stains.

I no longer drink Pepsi or Dr Pepper since the people who make these products are atheists who refuse to put "Under God" on their cans.

I no longer use Saran wrap in the microwave because it causes cancer.

I no longer check the coin return on pay phones because I could be pricked with a needle infected with AIDS.

I no longer use cancer-causing deodorants even though I smell like a water buffalo on a hot day.

I no longer go to shopping malls because someone will drug me with a perfume sample and rob me.

I no longer receive packages from UPS or FedEx since they are actually Al Qaeda in disguise.

I no longer shop at Target since they are French.

I no longer answer the phone because someone will ask me to dial a number for which I will get a phone bill with calls to Jamaica, Uganda, Singapore, and Uzbekistan.

I no longer eat KFC because their chickens are actually horrible mutant freaks with no eyes or feathers.

I no longer have any sneakers -- but that will change once I receive my free replacement pair from Nike.

I no longer buy expensive cookies from Neiman Marcus since I now have their recipe.

I no longer worry about my soul because I have 363,214 angels looking out for me and St. Theresa's novena has granted my every wish.

Thanks to you, I have learned that God only answers my prayers if I forward an email to seven of my friends and make a wish within five minutes.

I no longer have any savings because I gave it to a sick girl who is about to die in the hospital (for the 1,387,258th time).

I no longer have any money at all, but that will change once I receive the $15,000 that Microsoft and AOL are sending me for participating in their special e-mail program.

Yes, I want to thank you so much for looking out for me that I will now return the favor!

If you don't send this e-mail to at least 144,000 people in the next 70 minutes, a large dove with diarrhea will land on your head at 5:00 PM(EDT) this afternoon and the fleas from 12 camels will infest your back, causing you to grow a hairy hump.

I know this will occur because it actually happened to a friend of my next door neighbor's ex-mother-in-law's second husband's cousin's beautician.

---

:lol:

Equally bad when it's your own father. He didn't quit despite repeated hints, requests to be selective, requests to stop completely, and even my brother sending him back all that he'd received from him one week at the same time (28, and neither of them had broadband).

Finally, I'm sorry to report, we both blocked him. We figured anything he really needed to say could be done by telephone.

Life is too short to wade through junk emails.

Edited by Pippen

I am on someone's joke list and I get a lot of very funny stuff (not that I always share their sense of humour) that I forward . It is well filtered mostly, but anything that sneaks through that in any way threatens me or asks me to forward to any number of people- no matter hwow sweetly...I delete on principal. I forward jokes to people I think may find them funny, but never those ones.

Oh my, you just described about half of my mom's and my conversations. i have taken to checking it on snopes and emailing her a link when it is false!

You know, I always hated chain letters back in the day, and now we have chain letters online! Why do people do this??? It's such a waste of my time (and everyone else's, IMO).

Anyway, I appreciate some of the funny stuff I get - and if it's really good, I will pass it on to friends who might appreciate it. But alot of the junk I just delete!

Veronica

:lol::lol:Love it! You made my day!

If you don't send this e-mail to at least 144,000 people in the next 70 minutes, a large dove with diarrhea will land on your head at 5:00 PM(EDT) this afternoon and the fleas from 12 camels will infest your back, causing you to grow a hairy hump.

I know this will occur because it actually happened to a friend of my next door neighbor's ex-mother-in-law's second husband's cousin's beautician.

---

:lol: