Menu

One step forward, two steps back (Adison Update)

The poor little guy was going along well but began to really struggle. They have taken him off the CPAP machine and put him back on the ventilator. That will give him a nice rest, a chance to regain his strength.

He had his first blood transfusion last night and has also started on antibiotics as he is fighting two infections. One in his eyes, the other in his blood. Today he had a lumbar puncture to determine exactly what 'blood bug' he has to that they can change the antibiotics if need be.

As a result of all that his feeds have been stopped and he is back to full liquid nourishment direct into the blood stream.

He does however look better than he did a couple of days ago and has started wriggling again.

All I can say is that we are praying for you and yours....what a hard road you are all on right now. It must be terrifying. I am so sorry you are going through all of this. :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: I hope tomorrow brings some more good news.

~Tap