Menu

I just really wanted to express my gratitude...

Today was (well, still is for about 40 more minutes lol) my 17th birthday and usually, every year, I will look back on all the changes made from the previous year.

Since last year, I've:

• lost a gallbladder
  • lost all 4 wisdom teeth
  • reassessed and reestablished my religion and love for God
  • got a scholarship that was in reality, worth just about squat :tongue_smilie:

and so many more life changing, wonderful, and scary things.

I've begun my homeschooling journey, and I have only done that because of this wonderful forum and all the wonderful people on it.

You have answered all my questions, offered me advice on issues unrelated to homeschooling, made me laugh, humbled me, and so much more!

I really appreciate all of you wonderful people on here. This forum and all the people on it have definitely made it onto my list of great things that have happened since I was 16.

I've never once been turned down or cast away because I was a student instead of a mother.

Thank you, all of you, sincerely.

:grouphug:

My dear girl, you really don't know how refreshing it is to read the comments of a young person. You seem wise beyond your years.

You are obviously on the right track! I am curious to read what wonderful things will have happened in your life by next time this year!

You alluded to having re-affirmed your belief in God. Regardless of earthly struggles, try to remember you are a daughter of the King.

:)

Shephanie I'm so glad you joined this forum and have so freely shared your homeschooling journey with us. I've learned a lot from what you've shared and have passed some pointers along to my daughter as well. :)

So you lost your wisdom teeth and gained wisdom - not a bad trade off! :D May God bless you in many ways this year. :)

Happy Birthday !!!!!!!!!

:party:

Happy Birthday Stephanie!! :party:

Your posts are so refreshing to read! I remember when you first started to post, my thoughts were "Wow... there are still teens who take education seriously!" You show wisdom and maturity beyond your years, and like others, I have shared some of your posts with my dc.

May you have a great year being 17!! For some reason, 17 was one of my favorite years. Why, I don't know, but it was. So.... have a great year!! :grouphug:

I've never once been turned down or cast away because I was a student instead of a mother.

Are you kidding? You are a gem; a fantastic addition to these forums!!! I have SO enjoyed reading about your journey. I smile every time I see your board name and picture come up.

Happy Birthday, and I hope you have a fantastic year ahead of you! May God bless you richly.

Stephanie,

I want you to know that I, too, have really enjoyed reading your perspective on these boards. Young people who take such charge of their educations and show the kind of gratitude that you do are amazing to me- I was not one of those young people. You have a very mature perspective!

Happy belated Birthday!

Hope you had a great day! I can't agree more. This board is filled with the SMARTEST and most valuable homeschooling ladies ever. I find comfort in knowing that there are others out there who feel so strongly about it and support my decisions to do what is best for my kids. Good for you for taking it into your own hands!:grouphug: