Menu

She did it! My dd was accepted to nursing school!

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to post that my dd received her acceptance letter in the mail yesterday to her first choice nursing school. It is the best one in our area and the most competitive. It is affliated with our local hospital. We sent her application last Friday and receive the letter in less than a week! We were both shocked at how quickly it came.

I really want to thank all of you on this board for your wonderful advice over the last 4 years. It has been invaluable! You have helped me choose the right math curriculums, design great literature courses, and confirm my choices in science and history. For that I am forever grateful.

For those of you who are debating whether or not to homeschool through HS, I want to encourage you in that journey. My dd has not always been the most motivated child and she isn't gifted (slightly above average is good). We have had our share of struggles (and tears) over the last four years. I can tell you she is not the person she was when we started 9th grade. I love the woman she has become and I wouldn't have traded this journey for anything. It has totally been worth it!

One down, two more dc to go! :001_smile:

Thanks hive!

Aw,that is just awesome! It feels so good to have that first acceptance (and a hard-won acceptance at that). It's such confirmation of your choice to home educate and do things differently. High school is quite the journey and it is so, so neat to see these dc emerge with skills,vision and vigor to pursue their dreams!

Thanks for sharing!

Lisa

:party:

I can tell you she is not the person she was when we started 9th grade. I love the woman she has become and I wouldn't have traded this journey for anything. It has totally been worth it!

Congratulations to you both! And the above part I quoted especially spoke to me and reassures me more than you know. Thank you for posting this great news about your dd.