Menu

Curriculum you couldn't WAIT to start?

scrapbookbuzz

Have you ever had a curriculum entice you so much that you just could not WAIT to start it? One that made your heart race just thinking about it?

For me, it's Core 5 from Sonlight. It's been calling to me for over a year! I just finally found the IG in my price range, now I'm trying to figure out when we can start!

Umm, can I vote for everything I've ever bought? :D

I think the ones I was most excited for were MCT, and Sonlight (I'm still looking forward to about 5 levels that we haven't done yet), and now Elemental Science (I just bought it Tuesday)

Edited by bonniebeth4

Have you ever had a curriculum entice you so much that you just could not WAIT to start it? One that made your heart race just thinking about it?

For me, it's Core 5 from Sonlight. It's been calling to me for over a year! I just finally found the IG in my price range, now I'm trying to figure out when we can start!

SL5 for me, too!

I used SL5 (mainly just reading everything- we didn't use the explorer and world book) and I can't wait to use it again with the little man!

This year I am doing a 1-year world history (not SL). Next year a 1-year US history (maybe SL). THEN, I will finally get to use SL5 again. I can't wait!

Mandy

1. Everything I've ever gotten from Sonlight. Everything except the LA has been as good as I'd hoped it would be! My favorite part of the year, honestly, is finishing up one Core while I'm unpacking the next Core and getting the IG all set up.

2. Omnibus. We are finishing Omnibus I and already have Omnibus II all lined up on the shelf, ready to go. It was definitely a big leap in difficulty for dd from Sonlight, even though we did Omni I for 8th grade, but she has stepped up to the challenge, and that's what I'd hoped.

3. IEW's TWSS and SWI. Still using their stuff, still loving it. Got to see Pudewa speak in person, and had dd take a pic with us together to show ds (who wasn't at the convention with me that weekend--it was out of town) who was as excited as if I'd posed with a celebrity. Also love love love their poetry memorization program, too!

CLASSIC WORKTEXTS/SHAKESPEARE WORKTEXTS :001_wub: My dd did not have a reading program beyond learning how to read because I could NOT find what I was looking for. I finally found it and I LOVE it!!! :001_wub: I just wish it went beyond elementary school

All America History :001_tt1:

Mystery of History :001_tt1:

Apologia Science :001_tt1: :001_tt1:

These come after many MANY busts. So for almost a year we did mom made programs until I found our gems. So far so good!

Winter promise animal worlds - great.

Sonlight core 3 w/ science 3 - the core was great, the science was a bust. We didn't like TOPS at all.

Story of the World vol 1 and 2 - great. Doing it for another crop of kids now.

Oak Meadow. Very arts and creative based. So far it's great.

Verdict out on these. We start next week.

Literary Lessons from Lord of the Rings

DUKE king arthur

Kitchen Chemistry

Teaching co. Foundations of western civilizations

Another vote for absolutely everything I've ever bought. (Um... which is only this year's curriculum... :lol:)

But probably I am MOST excited about:

Galloping the Globe, because we both really love learning about other cultures/peoples.

Intro to Science - Elemental Science, because we really haven't done any science yet, and I think DD will love it. Plus the program seems to be laid out in a way that will make it easy for me to ACTUALLY do science!

L'art de Dire, because DD LOVES learning French, and I think she'll move much faster without me to slow her down.

and the American history program I am putting together myself, but I guess that doesn't count, since it's not really a curriculum (yet..lol)

Thank you for posting about the classic/shakespeare worktexts!! Rainbow is soooo huge!! there's no way to go through it all and know what is there. I swear I have the hugest wish list and I've already placed TWO orders!!!!

One of my daughters ADORES shakespeare. I think I'll be ordering the shakespeare worktexts. HMMM, I wonder if my husband would mind another Rainbow order :lol:

MCT. I had been drooling over the RFWP site for a year when suddenly I couldn't come on the boards without reading rave reviews, but I wanted to wait until I felt DD was really ready to begin. Waiting was hard.:001_smile:

Lively Latin. We started with Minimus because DD was young and I felt that Minimus would be a fun intro to Latin before we jumped into something more structured. Minimus was a spectacular hit here, but the whole time we were using it I was so excited about LL! We haven't been disappointed.