Menu

Information for Kari in SC (finally!)

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for your OVERWHELMING responses to reach out to Kari!!! I'm sorry it's taken so long to get back to everyone, and I am so appreciative of your patience as the details were worked out.

Mariann (MariannNOVA) and I have worked together all day getting all the pieces to fit so that an appropriate showing of love and support can be made to Kari and her family. We have decided to go with the suggestion made by the majority AND the gesture that is the easiest to put into motion considering the virtual nature of the HIVE. We do realize and did take into consideration that there will be life insurance paid, but those funds will likely not be available immediately, and we thought that helping Kari's family to meet an immediate monetary need was a place where we could lovingly help.

Everyone who is so inclined may send a donation to Kari directly to her Paypal account. You will need her email address to do this. Her email address is claytontk@aol.com. PLEASE respect her need to grieve privately and do not send her any emails. There have been some wonderful ideas for meals, etc. and Kari will now have the funds to do as she sees fit. Once we've made contact with her, if she's willing to share her church name, I will be calling them to arrange meals for her family once they return from FL.

Additionally, for those of us who do not use Paypal, I will be providing a snail mail address where you may send a check (made payable to Kari Clayton) if you chose to do that. This snail mail address may also be used to send a Sympathy Card or some other written expression of your sympathy to Kari and her family. We have another WTM friend who lives in the same county as Kari and has offered to deliver the money and any cards to her. Please check back here for details regarding the snail mail address - for cards and checks -- I expect to have it soon. I'm trying to find a local church or business to send everything to in an effort to protect everyone's privacy.

Please make your donations at your earliest convenience so that Kari will be able to use it right now. Even though Timmy is having a military service, there will be unforeseen expenses involved and these funds will be a tremendous resource for the family. I do not know when her son's body will be flown to FL, but Mariann and I have been checking the online obituaries all day today and it has not been posted yet.

When we know the location of the funeral, we will order the flowers and they will be sent. This link will take you to a picture of the flowers that will be sent to Kari and her family from the Hive Mind -- Mariann selected these as they seemed to be the most appropriate when one considers the diversity of the group represented here.

https://www.800florals.com/order.asp?item=2153T

The card will be signed from the Hive Mind -- if you have suggestions regarding how it should specifically be signed, please PM Mariann with them. Mariann and I are going to be paying for these as our contribution. The donations you all submit will go directly to Kari.

I think that we have covered the many different contingencies so that everyone has a venue for letting Kari and her family know that they are in their thoughts as they go through these deep waters. Again, I should have an address soon for cards and/or checks to be sent.

Finally, I think it would be a good idea for everyone to subscribe to this thread. I'm assuming that by doing so, you will see new details posted. I've never done this before! PLEASE do not respond to this thread if you have questions; rather, please send private pm's to either myself or Mariann.

If we have overlooked anything, please PM us. And, again, thank you for the wonderful outpouring of support, generosity, and kindness that we have seen on the WTM Board.

Thank you!

UPDATED TO ADD MAILING ADDRESS FOR CARDS FOR KARI (and if you're sending a monetary gift, please make checks payable to Kari Clayton)

Kari Clayton

c/o Calvary Chapel Lexington

1156 Barr Rd.

Lexington, SC 29072

Edited by Denisemomof4

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having been absent from the boards for about a year now (had to place something else in higher priority than board time for that period), I was reminded today *why* I felt compelled, more than a decade ago now, to not just visit the WTM boards but become a part of them. The relationships forged over the years are, indeed, priceless. I, too, thank you ladies for reaching out to Kari in this most loving way *and* for contacting me to let me know of the need! I humbly place myself in your service to do anything that I can to facilitate matters on this end. For now, just know that you are greatly appreciated for your obedience to "the call". ((HUGS))

Bumping and adding that the email address provided is on Kari's blog --it is (for good or bad) accessible by anyone -- for our purpose, it was the most expedient way to put help from this group into action. Our concern was similar as far as having her email address out there...our thoughts were as yours.:)

Sharon is working on an address we can send our cards and checks to. THANKS SHARON!!!!! I'll be in and out this afternoon so please, everyone, keep bumping this to keep it on the front page. I will post the address as soon as I get it. Sharon, if you are reading this and have it, please post this yourself if it is a business or church.

Thanks everyone!!!

Sharon is working on an address we can send our cards and checks to. THANKS SHARON!!!!! I'll be in and out this afternoon so please, everyone, keep bumping this to keep it on the front page. I will post the address as soon as I get it. Sharon, if you are reading this and have it, please post this yourself if it is a business or church.

Thanks everyone!!!

I just spoke personally with one of Kari's pastors who was VERY helpful and appreciative of our desires to assist Kari and her family.

He readily indicated a willingness to use their physical address for receipt of cards and/or monetary donations (instructions for that below) that they would, in turn, be very happy to transfer to Kari for us. Also, he gave me the name of their elder responsible for coordinating meals (that I've included in a PM to Denise) when the family gets back home in case we'd like to pursue that as well.

Here are the specs:

1) For cards and/or monetary donations* send to:

Calvary Chapel Lexington

1156 Barr Rd

Lexington, SC 29072

*checks should be made out to Calvary Chapel Lexington and "Kari Clayton", "Tim (Timmy) Clayton" or the like on the memo line to ensure the $ is allocated to the family. He said they would receive and make out one large check (or subsequent smallers ones depending upon how quickly money comes in).

Unfortunately, they (like us) do not yet have any information on the funeral.

PLEASE let me know if there is anything more that I can do to help! YOU guys are a blessing and I feel privileged to have this opportunity to work with you!

:grouphug:

Sharon

I just spoke personally with one of Kari's pastors who was VERY helpful and appreciative of our desires to assist Kari and her family.

He readily indicated a willingness to use their physical address for receipt of cards and/or monetary donations (instructions for that below) that they would, in turn, be very happy to transfer to Kari for us. Also, he gave me the name of their elder responsible for coordinating meals (that I've included in a PM to Denise) when the family gets back home in case we'd like to pursue that as well.

Here are the specs:

1) For cards and/or monetary donations* send to:

Calvary Chapel Lexington

1156 Barr Rd

Lexington, SC 29072

*checks should be made out to Calvary Chapel Lexington and "Kari Clayton", "Tim (Timmy) Clayton" or the like on the memo line to ensure the $ is allocated to the family. He said they would receive and make out one large check (or subsequent smallers ones depending upon how quickly money comes in).

Unfortunately, they (like us) do not yet have any information on the funeral.

PLEASE let me know if there is anything more that I can do to help! YOU guys are a blessing and I feel privileged to have this opportunity to work with you!

:grouphug:

Sharon

Bumping and Thanking you, Sharon..........:grouphug: G-d bless!

Sharon, you are WONDERFUL!!! Thanks SO much!!! :grouphug:

I would like to make one recommendation. I think to leave no room for clerical error it would be wise to send cards to Kari c/o the church. If you're sending a monetary gift, I would still make the check out to Tim and Kari Clayton. That way the checks won't be erroneously deposited in the church account. It just makes everything easier!

I have left a message for the person in charge of meals.

Denise, I think your counsel is wise regarding the checks. I was simply reverberating what the pastor dictated to me but, even as I typed it on this thread, had the concern about clerical error. Thanks for offering an alternative option!

oh my word that church is HUGE!!! I thought it was wise to do that even before I saw the size of the church! Now seeing how huge the church is, I definitely think we need to do this. It would be SO EASY to overlook their name in the memo!

I'm used to small country churches where the "crowd" consists of 30 - 100 people.

Sharon, you've been wonderful!!! Thanks so much!

fyi, the pastor may not be able to collect the money and then cut a single check if the checks are not made out to the church. Also, if made out to the church they are probably tax deductible; not so if made out to Kari.

I would still make it out to Kari just to be safe (and I don't care about the tax thing) but this may explain why the pastor would suggest they be filled out to the church.

I can certainly understand and I hope I haven't offended or hurt you, Sharon! I was just hoping they could collect the cards, keep them aside, and give them to the family.

The church looks rather large and I really don't want to leave room for clerical error!

I will be leaving in a little while to drive my kids to practice -- I will be gone till 8pm or so -- if someone or a few someones could keep this bumped to the first page, Denise and I would be most appreciative.

Thanks so much!

And, just to repeat, if anyone has any questions, please PM Denisemomof4 or me. Please don't post questions here on this thread as we are trying to keep this thread 'bumped only' without any additional information (you know, like I just did here :glare:).