Menu

Information for Kari in SC (finally!)

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timothy N. Clayton II - (St. Petersburg Times)View/Sign Guest Book

CLAYTON, Timothy N. II "Timmy" 21, of Largo, died May 14, 2010, at Fairbanks, AK. Born in Aurora, IL, he moved to Largo in 1990, from Montgomery, IL. He was a homeschool high school graduate. He was active duty in the Army, having served during Operation Enduring Freedom. He loved his family and friends. He loved fireworks, cars and his military life. He was a light to all he touched. He was preceded in death by Debi Clayton, his aunt. Survivors include his parents Tim and Kari Clayton of Lexington, SC; his sister Savannah Clayton of Lexington, SC; his brother, Sebastian Clayton of Lexington, SC; his grandmother Lynn M. Beilman of Lexington, SC; his grandparents John and Kathie Clayton of Largo, and many aunts, uncles and cousins. Friends may call at Christ Community Presbyterian Church, 2310 Nursery Rd. Clearwater, FL 33764, where a memorial service will be held at 10 am on May 25, 2010. Burial will follow at Bay Pines National Cemetery. In lieu of flowers, the family prefers memorial donations to Fisher House Foundation, 111 Rockville Pike, Suite 420, Rockville, MD 20850. Visit the family's personalized online Guestbook at www.AndersonMcQueen.com Anderson-McQueen Funeral Home Tyrone Chapel 727-347-6636

CLAYTON, Timothy N. II "Timmy" 21, of Largo, died May 14, 2010, at Fairbanks, AK. Born in Aurora, IL, he moved to Largo in 1990, from Montgomery, IL. He was a homeschool high school graduate. He was active duty in the Army, having served during Operation Enduring Freedom. He loved his family and friends. He loved fireworks, cars and his military life. He was a light to all he touched. He was preceded in death by Debi Clayton, his aunt. Survivors include his parents Tim and Kari Clayton of Lexington, SC; his sister Savannah Clayton of Lexington, SC; his brother, Sebastian Clayton of Lexington, SC; his grandmother Lynn M. Beilman of Lexington, SC; his grandparents John and Kathie Clayton of Largo, and many aunts, uncles and cousins. Friends may call at Christ Community Presbyterian Church, 2310 Nursery Rd. Clearwater, FL 33764, where a memorial service will be held at 10 am on May 25, 2010. Burial will follow at Bay Pines National Cemetery. In lieu of flowers, the family prefers memorial donations to Fisher House Foundation, 111 Rockville Pike, Suite 420, Rockville, MD 20850. Visit the family's personalized online Guestbook at www.AndersonMcQueen.com Anderson-McQueen Funeral Home Tyrone Chapel 727-347-6636

:grouphug:

bump

I think everyone has had time to read the information in the first post of this thread. We're going to keep bumping it to keep it current until Wednesday, the day after Timmy's funeral.

Thank you everyone for keeping this thread going, for your prayers, for your contributions.

I went to the funeral. It was really nice. When people got up to talk about Tim there was laughter and tears. Kari was able to get up and talk too, which I thought was great. The photos they had of him were really hard to watch. They are such a happy family in all the photos and you could really see how much he loved his family and especially his younger siblings.

We weren't able to go to the burial, it just would have been too long of a day for my kids. Plus, I don't think I could have kept it together in front of my kids. If I could have gone alone, I would have. But this has touched me quite a bit and I think I would have totally lost it if I had gone to the burial.

Kari is surrounded by family and friends today. One thing the Minister said was to make sure we reach out to the family after all this is over to help them. I thought that was a good point.

Melissa

Melissa! Thank you SO MUCH for updating us all!!! I'm so touched and very happy that you went to the funeral. I am comforted to hear everything you share!!!

I agree that they are going to especially need their friends and family in the coming months. I imagine July 4th will be very, very hard for them, but when I was grieving the death of my mom, the 6 month mark was VERY difficult for me. It wasn't a conscious "It's been six months" thing, but when I was sharing with a friend how I was having a very hard time, she asked me how long it had been since my mother died and when I told her 6 months, she said she always heard that was the hardest point.

• 3 weeks later...
37508d11262512cd315980debf0c95c2.gif

I am just seeing all the fireworks now and wanted to thank everyone. I have had a rough couple of hours. A lawyer contacted us about about insurance etc. Actually, he contacted my mom and I was questioning why he didn't call us. I googled my dh and my name to see if we had our address available and I found this post. When I clicked it took me to the graphic above. Timmy would have said that was "freaking awesome". Thank you for all the fireworks and everything.