Menu

Florida (like you guys couldn't figure that out!)

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

My friends are so nice up in coral springs. I wish I lived next to them. They have prek up to 7th grade. Mixture of ages. They are in Margate and one is off McNab area.

I went up a few weeks ago and we went to the coral springs pool during the day . That was fun. They are in PSG but they dont do much with them. I think they try to get together out of the group. I was in Hearts down in South Broward. That is a nice group but all in south broward.

There is a fun park group by sawgrass I think on Thursdays.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Would any of you be interesting is sharing your opinions on safe rental areas within in a 50 mile radius of Tampa for Feb.? I need to help my sil with my elderly mil. I have two hsers and a cat. I would like the kids to be able to walk to a library, maybe join in occas hsing events for that month. etc. My hsers are 9 & 16, girls.

When I was a nanny a million years ago, the family I worked for in Florida lived outside of tampa (10 min?). They were in a little place called Riverview. Brandon is right there, as well. Both of those places seemed pretty safe.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Michelle!

I have a Hannah too, but she is my 12 year old. My younger dd Elizabeth is 6! Do you attend the GCCHEA events? We often go to the Park Days and sometimes the Skate Days for Fun Fridays. Anyway, if you're ever in the area and want to meet sometime feel free to e-mail me!

:001_smile:

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

We keep looking to move from NJ. In the past, we've leaned towards va and nc, but FLA is starting to win us over! If you were a secular homeschooler moving to FLA for the first time, and you were looking in the area from Clearwater to Orlando, where would you choose to live? How is the cost of living in FLA? NJ has extreme property taxes and housing!

thanks, Lisa

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Lisa - Are you looking for a rural area or are you city folk? Orlando and Clearwater/Largo are very congested in my opinion having lived in both areas, but then I'm a country girl at heart. If i were to choose a city, it would be Tampa, hands down. If you're looking for rural areas, try Polk County or North Tampa. Our unemployment rate is horrendous right now throughout the state so you may want to choose based on job availability! Florida's a great place to live with low taxes and no income tax at all. I personally live in Sumter county, about 40 miles north of Tampa on 10 acres. I have family in both Orlando and Largo, and they love where they live , so it's all relative to what you're looking for.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

We're new to Florida, new to homeschool, and would love some friends!

We are in Lakeland for now, but will be moving to Orlando (near Hunter's Creek area most likely) this fall/winter).

My daughters are 6 & 8 and would LOVE to meet up with someone with girls their age. If we could start making Orlando friends that would be ideal!

We have Disney passes and go often, so Disney meet-ups are right up our alley!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
if and when we would be moving to Naples. I wouldn't really know a sole there. Any insight on how to get hooked up with co-ops?

There are several co-op, homeschooling groups around here. Probably the largest homeschooling group is C.H.E.S.F (Christian home educators of Southwest Florida). I know there are others, just don't know any specifics. Are you looking for a religious or secular group? We attend a large church and belong to our church's homeschool group.