Menu

Maryland

I grew up in Accident, MD (in Garrett County, near Deep Creek Lake). I still love going home because it's so quiet and peaceful. My mom doesn't have internet access and my cell phone doesn't get a signal. There's nothing to do but relax!

I lived in Baltimore for 1 year and then in the burbs for 11 years - Timonium and Parkville.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in Howard County. Been here homeschooling since 1995. Member of a terrific local support group which is affiliated with my reformed presbyterian church. Outside of the homeschool group my kids are involved in classical ballet and fencing. I have a senior parent with Alzheimer's. I try to stay connected in Republican politics. If you need contacts or referals for local pediatricians, dentists, churches, dry clearners, LOL feel free to contact me. I try hard to stay out of trouble, and succeed about 50/50.:eek::p

• 2 weeks later...

I grew up in Columbia. Lived there from the age of 3 until I got married in 1987. Went to Longfellow, Harpers Choice, Centennial. No one homeschooled back then! Love coming back to visit. Wish we could live in the area, and be closer to family.

• 1 month later...

We're in Fallston, finishing our 7th year of homeschooling. Good to meet you ladies!

I'm getting ready to post A LOT of Tapestry of Grace LG and UG books - anyone shopping for any? We are moving on to the Dialectic stage, and I have no little ones coming behind... Heavy sigh!

Enjoying the sunshine,

Karen

We are in Delta, PA, which is a hop, skip and a jump from Whiteford in HC. We travel to the Bel Air area for most of our shopping, we worship in Churchville, dc play sports w/ North Harford, etc. We're practically neighbors!

We live in Forest Hill, near Bel Air.

I'm in Gaithersburg...new to TOG. We lived in Frederick for almost 10 years, and I REALLY miss all the HS groups/opportunities up there. There were so many. Since we've moved to Gburg, I'm not that familiar with as many groups, and it has been a bit lonely. But we're hanging in there. :willy_nilly:

Guest Shanna

For those who are in the Tri-state area (WV, VA, MD) we are having a homeschool game night at our home tomorrow night. If you would like more info PM me. I know this is a late notice but hopefully you can come or otherwise I will let you know the next time we do one.

We're likely relocating soon to Burtonsville or Columbia. Dh works for a large corporation, and they keep going back and forth. But it's time to move on from here and his specialty is government business, so it's looking like the Burtonsville office is likely where they're putting us.

• 7 months later...

We're on the lovely, albeit disturbingly flat, eastern shore.

(and though you may have already found the answer: No, the closest HS store is in Frederick, though Learning How, in Annapolis, has educational supplies - just not HS specific, or curriculum.)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

My dh will be the Zaner-Bloser rep for MD/DC at the convention. He's excited because it's the first year his company has shown any interest in the homeschool market. I'm trying to decide whether I will go with him or not.

Carolyn

Hi I'm new to the boards and wanted to pop in:) I'm Sarah we live on the Eastern Shore of VA. near Snow Hill Md. I'm HS'ing my DS age 6 and I am a relaxed classical/CM homeschooler. Hoping to network with other homeschooling families in my area. Looking forward to getting to know you all!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there,

We're in western Montgomery County, that big green space with population density so low that the County population survey doesn't even count us on their maps. Through the miracle of statistical jiggery-pokery, 6000 people just go POUF, amazing.

Cheers!

Amie

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For those of you that have posted here that are in MD, are you in the various Yahoo groups for your areas? Just checking because there are a couple really good ones. SMHN for southern MD and NCHE for northern MD'ers. There is also the BWHE for the Baltimore/Washington corridor.

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone is interested. They already have an Essentials/Foundations group and they are trying to get enough people for Challenge in the fall. There is an information meeting at Barnes and Noble at 9:30am on June 28th. I'm hoping that it all goes through because my son really wants to do it.