Menu

Anyone want to join me in shedding 10 pounds?

There has been lots of talk about weight on here lately. I've been carrying these extra 10 pounds since #3 was born 4 years ago. I'm done with them!! Who is with me??

Today I'm going to clean out the portable crib so I can have a place to put the baby while I exercise. That will kill one excuse.

Count me in. I have been on a 10 pound challenge for a month and have lost 4.6 pounds. I want to lose 12 more so I can start over with you ladies.

For the other board we put the challenge in our siggys. We could do that here, too.

Something like: WTM 10 pound challenge -0.0 (or some name we come up with).

I like this idea. We could also start a group on some free website like sparkspeople.com. I'm on there now and it's been really helpful!

I've been in!! But, those last 10 are NOT MOVING!!! I've already told them they've worn out their welcome. Time for them to hit the road.

I just don't know what else to do..... I work out every day. I eat a fairly good meal plan. I drink lots of water. I honestly think my excuse is starting hormone therapy. The doc said I could gain a "few pounds" and/or not be able to lose any weight for the first 3 months on the hormones. Anyone have any experience with this - I would appreciate input.

Off to ride my bike!!!

Reviving the thread. I'm in, too.

I'm going to follow the No S Diet.

No snacks, no seconds, no sweets, except on days that begin with S: like Saturday, Sunday and Special Days (Christmas, birthday, etc.)

I just realized that I've gained 3 pounds in the past couple of weeks.

How will we keep each other accountable?

Reviving the thread. I'm in, too.

I'm going to follow the No S Diet.

No snacks, no seconds, no sweets, except on days that begin with S: like Saturday, Sunday and Special Days (Christmas, birthday, etc.)

:D I like the No S diet! I'm going to start working out again tomorrow. I started P90X about a couple of months ago and was doing really well until I got sick. Of course that was just the excuse I needed to quit. My sister has 2 weeks left of her 90 days and she looks hot! I'm so jealous that I'm going for it this time.

We'll officially get started Monday morning. Everyone needs to come up with their plan. I thought we could post everyday about how we did. I think I read somewhere that you should aim to loose 2 pounds a week; is that right? If so, we should all be 10 pounds lighter by mid-June :lol::lol:.

Can I join? I have 10 pounds to lose after having my fourth baby. I've been running for three years now and those stupid last 10 pounds are NOT budging. I have NO idea what to do. I feel like I've tried everything. I don't eat sweets. I rarely have seconds. When I snack, it's an apple or a handful of raw cashews. I tried a different work out routine - I did P90X. I'm stronger, but there was NO change in my body - NONE! The measurements are the SAME. And, I didn't eat more. :glare:

I'd love to do this with you all!

I've been a dedicated Weight Watcher for years and need to start going to meetings again. I lost about 40 lbs. 4 years ago.

I'm up about 4 or 5 lbs. from what i originally lost. I've retained some of my great habits, but it's the evening meal and dessert that gets me every time!!!

How do we do this?

Alley

I'd love to do this with you all!

I've been a dedicated Weight Watcher for years and need to start going to meetings again. I lost about 40 lbs. 4 years ago.

I'm up about 4 or 5 lbs. from what i originally lost. I've retained some of my great habits, but it's the evening meal and dessert that gets me every time!!!

How do we do this?

Alley

I think I need to get to WW meetings. I know a lot of friends who have lost weight with them. A friend just gave me a couple books by WW to try. My problem is that I don't do much low-fat or fake sweetener items. A lot of the recipes call for those items. Can I substitute the real thing?

I really just have 10 pounds to lose. I've tried low-fat, vegan, vegetarian, low calorie, etc diets. I didn't lose weight and I was miserable (well, I loved vegetarian, but can't find the time!). I think I'm happiest just eating the real thing - just less of it. What do you think?

I'm in. I lost 10 lbs last fall, but I've gained back 2-3. I'd love to lose another 10.

I'd also like to get toned up and lose some inches. I haven't exercised with any consistency since before my 3rd child was born, and she's almost 9 yo. I had a c-section with her, and I hate how flabby I've been since. Remember when Teresa Tapp was giving away her core fitness DVD free to homeschoolers? I finally got around to watching it this week and liked it, so I ordered the basic workout.

Me, but I have to shed 25. Doing WW but I'm at a plateau. I'm not giving up but I did get a colon cleanse today at the vitamin/health place. I just feel very bloated or something. I think it might be the increase in "real" food versus "faux" food. I think this will help, or I hope it will anyway.

Oh, and I am writing down everything!! Gotten really lax on that part. So, I'm in for the 10 plus more!

I've been running for three years now and those stupid last 10 pounds are NOT budging. I have NO idea what to do. I feel like I've tried everything. I don't eat sweets. I rarely have seconds. When I snack, it's an apple or a handful of raw cashews. I tried a different work out routine - I did P90X. I'm stronger, but there was NO change in my body - NONE! The measurements are the SAME. And, I didn't eat more. :glare:
:iagree: I have been exercising well, eating well

(I am a vegetarian), but my weght just fluctuates up or down about 3 pounds!:glare: I just am not sure what to do! I'd like to lose 15 pounds.

Will there be a daily thread on here, or what?