Menu

WHO DAT? They did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so choked up right now. The Saints did it. THEY DID IT!!!! I'm thrilled for the people of N.O. and missing the city so much right now. I honestly don't think there's another team that means more to a city.

It was a great game ~ and so often the Super Bowl is a disappointment ~ between two great teams. Peyton Manning is a class act. It's sadly ironic that he lost this one, considering how important his family is to the city of New Orleans. Jim Caldwell, the Colts coach, deserves a heap of praise. But this was the Saints year and I couldn't be happier for them.

WHO DAT????!!!!!!!!!!!

That game was AWESOME!! The Saints rocked it, baby. And my neighborhood went completely nuts, everybody outside screaming, fireworks going off, pickup trucks parading around blaring their horns! And none of the neighbor kids are going to school tomorrow (the Catholic schools declared it a holiday right after the NFC championship; I think the public school kids are just skipping ;)).

Okay, I must be completely out of the loop because I have no idea why people keep writing "who dat"? :confused:

I mean, I get that it must mean "who is that?", but still....? :001_huh:

Yes, it's just N'awlins-speak for "Who is that?" "Who dat think they gonna beat 'dem Saints?", shortened to "Who dat?":)

That game was AWESOME!! The Saints rocked it, baby. And my neighborhood went completely nuts, everybody outside screaming, fireworks going off, pickup trucks parading around blaring their horns! And none of the neighbor kids are going to school tomorrow (the Catholic schools declared it a holiday right after the NFC championship; I think the public school kids are just skipping ;)).

Oooh, baby, I'd love to be in your neighborhood right now! I seriously have NO ONE to share this with!

I'm so choked up right now. The Saints did it. THEY DID IT!!!! I'm thrilled for the people of N.O. and missing the city so much right now. I honestly don't think there's another team that means more to a city.

It was a great game ~ and so often the Super Bowl is a disappointment ~ between two great teams. Peyton Manning is a class act. It's sadly ironic that he lost this one, considering how important his family is to the city of New Orleans. Jim Caldwell, the Colts coach, deserves a heap of praise. But this was the Saints year and I couldn't be happier for them.

WHO DAT????!!!!!!!!!!!

I absolutely cannot stand football, but my little brother lives just outside N.O. and is so thrilled that I'm thrilled for them, too. :001_smile:

Yes, my family in New Orleans is going wild, naturally. I haven't watched a Saints game since before my dad passed away. Going to football games with him rocked, even though I had no clue what was going on! I got hot dogs, soda, and popcorn. I didn't think life could get any better!

Geaux Saints!

Yep, here too! The fireworks are finally dying down. I think because everyone is moving into the city! :D It's unreal. The footage of Bourbon rivals any Mardi Gras in my memory. It's just a dream!!!

As I said in another post (about bad weather), I have watched exactly two Superbowl games in my life. The first was the one about 20 or 21 years ago where the Redskin came from a 0-10 position to win the game. The second one was tonight when the Saints came from a 0-10 position to win the game. My son has decided that I need to watch Detroit Lions games next season since my watching seems to bring the underdog a win. Not likely since I don't really like watching sports very much.

I'm just getting home after my superbowl party. ABSOLUTELY INSANE!!!!! From 3 minutes until the end I cried like a baby. I just can't believe it. WE DID IT!!!! Mardi gras is going to be insane this next week..I can't wait!!!!

My neighborhood was insane...just crazy. I heard "Crunk" from about 6 different houses around the party.

My ears are ringing still..what a fantastic day!

This Buffalo girl is happy for NO, too!

(And we don't have Super Bowl parties here. We mourn the anniversaries of "Wide Right.")

Way to Geaux! Is that spelled right? :lol:

(ETA: Ya'll might kick me out of the party if you knew I made red beans and rice out of a box, though. But NO started to play really well once I started to eat it!)

Edited by unsinkable

I have to say their coach is pretty gutsy! :cheers2:

Just have to mention that my dh went to high school at Naperville Central with Sean Payton, the Saint's coach. They weren't best buds or anything but dh had a lot of fun watching Sean during the game last night. It almost makes him a celebrity down here in LA. :D

Who Dat!

I also wanted to give props to the Colts coach for that first interview after the game. The reporter said something to the effect that "the whole game came down to that interception" and the coach replied that it did not, that there was a lot more to the game than that one play. He just came across as very gracious, not making excuses, and giving credit where credit was due. Quite classy, especially so soon after his big disappointment.

I also wanted to give props to the Colts coach for that first interview after the game. The reporter said something to the effect that "the whole game came down to that interception" and the coach replied that it did not, that there was a lot more to the game than that one play. He just came across as very gracious, not making excuses, and giving credit where credit was due. Quite classy, especially so soon after his big disappointment.
Yeah, my first reaction was to complain about the officiating, but I don't think that it affected the ultimate outcome, though the score may have been closer. The Colts made a lot of mistakes; the Saints were doing a great job.