Menu

Anyone planning on watching American Idol tomorrow?

I didn't know that, how cool! Ellen used one of my photographs on her show recently, it was so funny. :)

American Idol is the only TV show I got sucked into watching, nursing my baby and watching TV 5 years ago... and now I still get into it every year.

Thanks for the reminder it starts tomorrow! I wouldn't have caught on until too late, as I never turn the TV on.

It looks like Ellen won't be on until Hollywood week.

from the schedule at http://www.americanidol.com/news/view/pid/2385/

In the audition cities, Ryan Seacrest hosts, and Simon Cowell, Randy Jackson and Kara DioGuardi will be joined by rotating guest judges Victoria Beckham, Mary J. Blige, Kristin Chenoweth, Neil Patrick Harris, Joe Jonas, Avril Lavigne, Katy Perry and Shania Twain who will help select the hopefuls worthy of the “Golden Ticket†to Hollywood.

The lucky auditioners who get the judges’ approval then move on to the “Hollywood Round†where contestants vie for a semifinalist position during the next phase of the auditions. Once in Hollywood, Ellen DeGeneres joins Simon, Randy and Kara as they continue to winnow down the competitors to a select group of performers who will get to sing their hearts out each week in front of a studio audience and television viewers.

I like it, but prefer the shows after they've chosen the main contestants. The first few, where they let really poor singers in, seem mean to me. It'd be meaner to let them continue thinking they could sing, but at least they could not laugh at them so obviously or something.

I can't watch until the Hollywood rounds. Too much crap, filler, and crazies in the early rounds.

Y'all will let me know when Hollywood starts, right? ;)

ETA: If Simon leaves, I might not be able to watch it anymore. I really love Simon and I value his input twice as much as the other judges put together. Plus, Kara is worthless IMO.

Dd and I began watching AI a few years ago. We'll be watching tomorrow. I'm in the minority. The auditions and Hollywood week are my favorite parts.

I'm truly surprised by all of the Ellen fans. I think she's a complete idiot, and I'm not looking forward to this upcoming season. Paula was nutty, a perfect fit with the other judges. I wished they'd chosen Victoria Beckham. She can't stand up straight (haha), but the few times I've seen her (caught her on The View), she was very down to earth and hilarious.

With Simon leaving, it seems that the end is nearing for AI.

I was upset when they insulted Paula by offering her such low $ compared to others on the show. I didn't blame her for leaving. Then they turned around a paid for Ellen - I don't know what she has to do with music at all. It really annoyed me so I've been considering boycotting. LOL! I don't know if I will or not. Found this article this morning so maybe I'll have a new show to watch with both Simon and Paula.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2010/01/11/report-simon-cowell-wants-paula-abdul-new/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%253A+foxnews%252Fentertainment+%2528Text+-+Entertainment%2529

LOL. I so don't. get. this. show.

I don't have cable so I've never actually seen an entire episode (never mind a season) but I've seen clips on youtube.

Dh & I though do pretty awesome impressions of the judges facial expressions while watching contestants, even if I say so myself. We saw that clip of the older lady singing in the UK version & the judges smirking when she comes on stage & then, oh then, they have to fight back tears, they're so moved. Dh is good at looking like he's choked up & he does an awesome Simon.

I do whoever was the long haired blond with low neckline on that show. I specialize in the frantic lash flutter & pressing the length of a finger to the underside of the eye to stem the tears while not damaging my eye make-up! Complete with hand to throat when the emotion is too much! And then, then I just have to stand up & give a standing ovation (all while still trying to hold back the tears which will just overwhelm me at any moment!)

We really rock. We do this for a joke when the kids or the dogs do something. "Look! (pause to take shakey breath). I just thought you were a boring dog but then, (another shakey breath), I mean that was amazing! You lay down and showed us your tummy!" (unable to go on. Dh has to take over with his commentary. He's manned up but his voice has a suspicious rasp to it. He's still a bit emotional. ) etc etc etc

We EMOTE like crazy & practically kill ourselves from laughing and that's the end of the talent show at our house.

(:rant:oh & btw, I hated that viral video with the Scottish lady singing I Have a Dream. As far as I could see the entire premise was that if you're fat, unattractive, older & single you obviously don't have any talent & you're not worth us looking at you. The message is so repellent that I never understood why folks thought this was so great. Maybe because I grew up knowing unattractive fat ladies who also had voices from heaven but I didn't understand at all why everyone would be so shocked. Only pretty skinny people have talent? Is that it? Simon's apology at the end was even more insulting - he might as well have said I thought you were ugly & should get off my stage & not waste my time. Ooops I was wrong. You are ugly but surprisingly you can sing.

I don't know.

The whole thing is so superficial...... :rant:)

I was upset when they insulted Paula by offering her such low $ compared to others on the show. I didn't blame her for leaving. Then they turned around a paid for Ellen - I don't know what she has to do with music at all. It really annoyed me so I've been considering boycotting. LOL! I don't know if I will or not. Found this article this morning so maybe I'll have a new show to watch with both Simon and Paula.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2010/01/11/report-simon-cowell-wants-paula-abdul-new/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%253A+foxnews%252Fentertainment+%2528Text+-+Entertainment%2529

Becky, I have been thinking of not watching myself. My only issue is that dh would most likely not agree with me.;) He loves the show. I feel the relationship between Paula and Simon is what made the show. He was a little too tough, and she was a little too soft. They balanced each other perfectly.

I remember hearing that Simon had a clause in his contract having to do with Paula and Randy. If either of them left the show for any reason, Simon would be able to leave too.

I have watched it every year, but swore last year was going to be my last. Until I heard Ellen Degeneres is going to be a judge. And I love her.

Anyone planning on watching? What are your thoughts about Ellen taking Paula's place?

I can't stand Ellen... and so... the show cured my addiction by hiring her. And, I actually like the snarky Simon.. so the fact that he won't be there after this season.. means my problem of watching is over.

:glare:

Because of this "audition", this is possibly the most I've laughed in months. I'm still laughing......

Pants on the ground, pants on the ground

Lookin' like a fool with your pants on the ground

With the gold in your mouth, hat turned sideways

Pants hit the ground, call yourself a cool cat, lookin' like a fool

Walkin' downtown with your pants on the ground. Giddy-up!

Hey, get your pants off the ground. Lookin' like a fool

Walkin', talkin' with your pants on the ground. Giddy-up!

Hey, get your pants off the ground. Lookin' like a fool with your pants on the ground.

PS His true life story is quite amazing....

Because of this "audition", this is possibly the most I've laughed in months. I'm still laughing......

Hey, get your pants off the ground. Lookin' like a fool with your pants on the ground.

Sweet.:lol: That was a nice video. Too cute, and his story is amazing.

We've been singing this all day :lol:! I wasn't going to watch the auditions this year because I hate how mean they all are and I have such a hard time seeing everyone's poor, disappointed faces. However, I could hear my family watching it in the living room from the room I had secluded myself in and I had to run out for that part.:D