Menu

Oh my goodness, check this out...

These are definitely cute but I have a question. If you're making them to give as gifts won't they defrost before you can actually give them to the recipient? I mean, if I make them for my mil who lives 45 min. away and I bring them to her house all wrapped as a gift and they get set under the tree and we don't open gifts for a few hours, well, won't that be the end of them? Just asking. Sometimes I feel quite thick-headed.

Kathleen, I am planning on making some as gifts. My plan is to keep the box in the freezer right up until the recipient opens it.

I see. Well, she only has a tiny "over-the-fridge" freezer that is always crammed with stuff.:) Good idea, though.

I would bring it in a small cooler. Ya, so they know it is food - no big deal.

This is a good idea for my particular situation. Thanks.:)

These are too cute; now I'm trying to decide who to make them for!

Anyone have any ideas of a b&m store where I can find those jars? I've never canned before, so I don't even know what kind of store to look at. Would Walmart have them?

My Walmart usually has them. Actually, even my grocery usually has them, but maybe that's because I live in a rural area?

Okay, so today I looked at the Commissary, BX, Buy 4 Less, Crest and Homeland. The Commissary had 1/2 pint jars, but they weren't the wide-mouth kind. They were $5.35/dozen. I asked them to order some wide mouth jars for me, telling them that I would buy at least 4 dozen if they do. I really don't want to order them online due to risk of breaking and paying for shipping.

I really wanted to use them on Thursday with the turkey leftovers. We shall see.

Okay, so today I looked at the Commissary, BX, Buy 4 Less, Crest and Homeland. The Commissary had 1/2 pint jars, but they weren't the wide-mouth kind. They were $5.35/dozen. I asked them to order some wide mouth jars for me, telling them that I would buy at least 4 dozen if they do. I really don't want to order them online due to risk of breaking and paying for shipping.

I really wanted to use them on Thursday with the turkey leftovers. We shall see.

Let us know how they turn out!!