Menu

What were your kids for Halloween?

We did a family theme. It kind of a tradition. This year is was Alice in Wonderland. My 13 year old with blond hair was Alice, the yougest was the Dormouse, the 16 year old was the White Rabbit, teen boyfriend was the Mad Hatter, I was the Queen of heart and my hubby the King. My teen made her costume from scratch and it was probably the cheapest one. Boyfriend also made his from scrath. We could not find a green top hat so we had to paint a different one. The youngest's costume was also made from scratch. We had to buy a robe and crown for hubby and then new costumes for Alice and the Queen. We probably could have made Alice's as well if we had more time but we couldn't find a plain blue dress and white apron. Both her costume and mine were very short. Not something I would normally buy but they we the only ones available. For her we put an eyelet trimmed skirt underneath and it served perfectly as a petticoat. I wore a pair of boy shorts under mine that was the same color as parts of the skirt but it was still not as much coverage as I would have liked. It was very cold out so Alice and I were feezing. I haven't dressed up in 15 years and the one year I do, I end up wear what could be considered a teddy. We did get pictures so I will get a teen to post one for me here soon.

Dd and her friend went as a Twilight Obsessed Teenage Fan (which she feels is the scariest thing around :lol:).

Ds was going to go as Weird Al Yankovich, but his wig got too frizzy (because he played with it so much), so he just put on a hat and sunglasses and grabbed his electric guitar and went as Slash.

We had twinjas. Both we ninjas. The best costume my dh saw was a 6yo in a box with a silver balloon above him and a "Hello my Name is Falcon" name tag. His dad asked if he liked the costume and then took out a harmonica and started going nuts. Then the mom showed up, rolled her eyes, and said, "I'm just here for my boys and I'll support whatever they want to do." I wish I could have seen it.

DD9 was a rock climber. She wore her harness, chalkbag and some quickdraws as well as tied in with some climbing rope. She wore her hair in braids and wore a bandana and put some chalk on her face.

My boys (16 and 13) don't have many friends and none of them invited them to go with them. We said they should go as the flu - one could be HINI and the other could be "seasonal" flu:). But, no, they stayed at home and answered the door. Good thing because I was near delirious with the flu.