Which Does Not Belong?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Which Does Not Belong?

• Orange
    • Purple
    • Green
    • Pink
    • Red

So we we playing with one of those "math puzzle" books over the weekend with the 5 year-old, and we got to a section on the "odd word" out. You know these: lung, liver, kidney, finger, heart. Not too tough.

Then we get to:

Orange, Purple, Green, Pink, Red.

What?

I though about it and came up with two "hypotheticals". Later I discovered an "answer key" and one of the two guesses I had was "correct" (in their estimation) but there was no explanation.

Since I thought this was somewhat maddening, I naturally thought I'd share this puzzel with you all :D

Lets see what the hive says.

Bill

Edited by Spy Car

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the primary color is the "odd" one out, right? :)

This is probably right, but before I saw your answer, I thought 'Pink' because it's the only one not in a rainbow.

I'm weird. :D Zee would've said the primary color, I'm sure. Hey, wait, I'll ask him...

ETA: Zee couldn't figure it out at all. Even though he loves primary/secondary colors. Huh.

Oh wow, after reading the other responses, I should add that Zee initially said 'green' was different, because 'it doesn't look like the other colors'. By which I think he meant it's not a shade of/made with red. Interesting. But then he has that thing (that I can't remember how to spell, but we've discussed it on the board a few times) where he assigns colors to numbers and letters. So I think he 'sees' things more in colors in his head than I do. If that makes any sense at all, LOL.

Edited by bethanyniez

okay, I said orange because it is the only one that is something else besides being only a color. Is that weird thinking or what?

Nope, not weird. Zee said that too, after he guessed green (which he explained in my earlier post).

I think I'M weird, 'cause I could only come up with ONE that was different, LOL. Zee found 2. :)

I said pink because all the other colors seem dark to me and pink is the only one that is light. I suppose you could have light shades of the others but that only occurred to me after reading all the other replies.

The really weird thing for me is that the colors in the bar graph don't line up with the color words and that makes my brain hurt.:D

I said pink because it is a tint.

I said red (because it's a primary color) but I think this is a better answer.

Rosy, who may not be able to start school until Bill gives us the answer.:glare:

How is this an answer?!

:D

(Not picking on you; your post just struck me as funny. Like when I ask Moose 'do you want one or two carrots' and he says 'both'. :D)

But I can see how 'red' and 'pink' could be right too. It's a dud question... (not feeling picked upon).

Laura