Menu

Chocolate that falls on the floor is

oh WHEW. You had me worried for a minute there. When I saw the title of your post, my immediate thought was:

Chocolate that falls on the floor is:

EDIBLE.

Now what if it falls onto the pavement at a gas station? I have a reason for asking this. I was out shopping all day with my younger son and I had spent ALL my money. I stopped to fill up with gas on the way home and emptied my change purse to buy us Lindt truffles to enjoy on the way home. I got my son 4 and I got three. While I was pumping gas I chewed two, knowing I'd savor my last one in a long, slow melt in my mouth. My son came out to talk to me and as I was walking to my door the Lindt ball fell out of the wrapper and rolled away from me. My immediate reaction was to THROW myself to the ground and pick it up before anyone noticed. My son, however, immediately squished it. I yelled at him, "HEY! WHY DID YOU DO THAT?" and he worriedly said, "I thought it was a bug!" I was sad all the way home.

:D:lol::lol::lol:

So, would you eat it off a gas station floor, as in the pavement by the pump? I guess I was pretty desperate. Or maybe all that shopping fried my brain?

:blush:

Chocolate that falls on the floor is a blessing in disguise. Because you have to bend down to pick it up you burn what at least two calories down and two calories up. Think what would happen if you dropped the entire bag of M&M's you'd get a solid workout.

Chocolate that falls on the floor is a blessing in disguise. Because you have to bend down to pick it up you burn what at least two calories down and two calories up. Think what would happen if you dropped the entire bag of M&M's you'd get a solid workout.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

oh WHEW. You had me worried for a minute there. When I saw the title of your post, my immediate thought was:

Chocolate that falls on the floor is:

EDIBLE.

Now what if it falls onto the pavement at a gas station? I have a reason for asking this. I was out shopping all day with my younger son and I had spent ALL my money. I stopped to fill up with gas on the way home and emptied my change purse to buy us Lindt truffles to enjoy on the way home. I got my son 4 and I got three. While I was pumping gas I chewed two, knowing I'd savor my last one in a long, slow melt in my mouth. My son came out to talk to me and as I was walking to my door the Lindt ball fell out of the wrapper and rolled away from me. My immediate reaction was to THROW myself to the ground and pick it up before anyone noticed. My son, however, immediately squished it. I yelled at him, "HEY! WHY DID YOU DO THAT?" and he worriedly said, "I thought it was a bug!" I was sad all the way home.

:D:lol::lol::lol:

So, would you eat it off a gas station floor, as in the pavement by the pump? I guess I was pretty desperate. Or maybe all that shopping fried my brain?

:blush:

For me, if a chocolate fell on the floor in my house or the house of a friend or family member that is reasonably clean, it would be okay, any public place would be a big no for me. Especially a gas station. Who knows what kinds of toxic things that chocolate picked up while it was rolling away. It's not worth the risk IMHO.

Funny, I knew that's what you were going to say. I read the post title, and before I scrolled over it, finished your sentence, lol. Of course it is! Have a piece for me- being allergic to chocolate is hard when all y'all keep posting about chocolate, lol.

:grouphug:I feel your pain!

There was a period of about 6 months (it felt like longer) where I was allergic to chocolate, I can now have it in moderation again. I have been known to follow the 5 second rule where chocolate is involved.

I have to buy Enjoy Life's allergen free chocolate chips and just eat them straight, but I'm just glad there is chocolate out there I can eat.

For me, if a chocolate fell on the floor in my house or the house of a friend or family member that is reasonably clean, it would be okay, any public place would be a big no for me. Especially a gas station. Who knows what kinds of toxic things that chocolate picked up while it was rolling away. It's not worth the risk IMHO.

It's actually less about the toxic things and more about who might see!

Rosie - who really wouldn't eat off the floor of a petrol station even if she was in the middle of nowhere and wouldn't know anyone. Just in case you think I'm gross :lol:

Sure Rosie, sure. You say that now. But I bet if I was behind one of those one way glass windows at said petrol station in the middle of nowhere I might see something scandalous to report back.

LOL OOOPs!! It looks like she's got your number there Ms. Rosie. :p ;) hehe petrol covered chocolates. deliciously toxic! YUM :p