Menu

Prayers and well wishes please, suffering very bad manic phase right now.

I have been hypomanic for at least a month now so I knew this was coming but it is much worse than normal. As a matter of fact, the only time it has ever been this bad was when they tried Effexor. I feel so incredibly horrible that I can not even begin to describe it. I have been trying to make a gradual change in medication to manage this but I was not able to stave it off. I do have the ability to pretty much knock myself out but I would really rather not. It would be a resort of last measure so please send prayers and well wishes for the strength to get through this. Thanks.

I have been hypomanic for at least a month now so I knew this was coming but it is much worse than normal. As a matter of fact, the only time it has ever been this bad was when they tried Effexor. I feel so incredibly horrible that I can not even begin to describe it. I have been trying to make a gradual change in medication to manage this but I was not able to stave it off. I do have the ability to pretty much knock myself out but I would really rather not. It would be a resort of last measure so please send prayers and well wishes for the strength to get through this. Thanks.

:grouphug: Praying for you.

Have you contacted your medical professional?

Do what you have to do to get through.

:grouphug: Praying for you.

Have you contacted your medical professional?

Do what you have to do to get through.

Yes, I have a Pdoc and the proper medication to manage. I also have the strong support and guidance of my hubby. I am in good hands just miserable right now.

:grouphug:

I can totally relate! It's so not fun! :(

Yeah, my (former) neurologist said to me yesterday "what is wrong with going fast?"

Durr... let's just not go there...

On a serious note, though, I always tell my peeps at the forum where I work the following (this is my general speech):

*No alcohol (I know, duh, but it's SO easy to reach for a cocktail to slow down the neurons...)

*Benedryl is your friend (barring an idiosyncratic reaction that some BPers have)

*Hot baths with smelly salts

*A Loofah (seriously: the stimulation can "take the edge off")

*Running up and down stairs while carrying something heavy (there have been studies done that prove carrying a heavy object can actually force the brain to "switch" phase from irritability/hyperness to something... less)

*Absurd activities that require forced focusing (jigsaw puzzles, Sudoku, rearranging the library in the dewy decimal system, etc.)

Hang in there. If it gets too bad, sit in the shower and turn on the COLD water. Tdoc says new research is showing promise in phase switching...

a