Menu

New tv shows needed for 7-year-old with the flu

MercyA

My 7-year-old has the flu and is sofa bound, and we would really appreciate ideas for new tv shows for her to watch.  She likes Dinosaur Train, Dino Dan, Wild Kratts, Curious George, and Lalaloopsies.  She's grown out of Sofia the First, My Friends Tigger and Pooh, and Blue's Clues. She doesn't like scary shows or ones in which characters are unkind to each other.

Thanks for your help!

PBS has Odd Squad and Fetch with Ruff Ruffman

My older kids like this show on Discovery/Hub about a guy who rescues dogs and trains them for TV and movies. It's very cute. Will look for name... ETA: From Wags to Riches with Bill Berloni

My oldest suggested Kids Baking Championship or the Rachael Ray kids cooking competition.

Hope she feels better soon!

• Like 2

I'll echo Peg+Cat and the Odd Squad.  My kids also like Cat in the Hat Knows a Lot About That, but Martin Short's voice drives me nuts. Also try Stella and Sam. My kids love love love love it, it's gentle and sweet and silly. 

For slightly older leaning, my daughter liked Project MC2 on Netflix- tween girls doing science to solve mysteries. It's short (3 episodes) but cool.

For 'reality tv', Chopped is fun.  3 chefs get mystery ingredients and compete to make the best dishes: "Make a breakfast using pomegranites, duck fat, Ruffles chips and fresh mango". No interpersonal drama at all, everyone comes out looking good.

• Like 1

The Mysteries of Alfred the Hedgehog was a real hit at that age. Educational too!

What about the old school stuff? Babar, Rupert the Bear, Madeline, and Care Bears. I grew up with those.

Newer stuff--Jane and the Dragon and Zula Patrol are fun.

I love Peg plus Cat. It's the one show my kids can agree on that my husband and I don't mind watching either :D The cat is hilarious.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

My kids have recently gotten into Good Eats. Some of it goes over their heads, but they like the zany costumes/props/settings and the slapstick humor (running from a giant meatball, getting showered in packing peanuts, etc.). I like that it teaches them a bit about food and history and science...plus they have been willing to try a couple new foods.

Wendy

• Like 2

Odd Squad and Peg+Cat are favorites here.

If you think she might like podcasts, try Brains On! I listen through the Stitcher app and my kids really enjoy it, each episode is just under 30 minutes, tonight we listened to one about tunnels and bridges.

• Like 1

I almost forgot......If you have Amazon Prime you can introduce the zaniness of Animaniacs. I sometimes think I am living with them except that mine are 2girls and 1 boy.

They're on Prime?! Oh, man, I gotta check that out!

OP, my almost 7yo who loves Wild Kratts Very Much also likes The Cat in the Hat Knows a Lot About That. And Bill Nye.

And thanks -- I'm getting some new ideas for my kiddos too.

• Like 1