Menu

Ignore this thread!

Not weird at all. Better than realizing an hour ago that Wednesday's dentist appt for Broccoli, Celery, and me overlaps with guitar/violin for Broccoli & Celery. Not sure what to do... the dentist could probably get 1 or maybe 2 in and we'd still have enough time to get to guitarolin, but no way that all 3 is going to work, and it's already a reschedule from Nov or thereabouts (scheduled before I got the guitarolin schedule). Ugh. I really don't want to miss guitarolin, because while they did have class last week, the week before their heater was broken, the couple of weeks before that was xmas break, the week before that we were sick, and the week before that only Celery had class because the violin teacher was out.

The reason the reschedule of the dental appt is from so long ago is because one of their hygienists is out on maternity leave. I *might* be able to just reschedule one of our appts for that, but they're probably going to be very unhappy if I tried to reschedule all 3. And I'm sure that if I just reschedule 1, they'll be running late (which they never do), and the weather and traffic will be terrible, and we won't make it to guitarolin on time anyway. What to do??? :willy_nilly:

Cancel both and stay home. As Junie says, #stopthemadness

• Like 2

Surrounded by such engaging natural beauty in the east and south, that we have managed to keep our city under one million people for over 100 years. We make you all look like a real city.

Third grade is awesome and horrible, horrible at the same time.

She knows how to calculate a perimeter. She knows how to add. She is a critical thinker and doesn't flinch at two start problems in Beast Academy. But it has taken us a full hour to do three addition perimeter problems.

DS put two stars next to a problem in his MiF workbook the other day, and turned the page. It’s become his “I give up†sign, I think.

• Like 1

? Seattle has about three times the population we have. And Seattle metro area also has about 3 times the population our metro area has. 

Aren't you in NY?

Seattle proper is about 700,000. The "metro area" includes an area larger than many countries, including two military bases (in Everett, its own city, and outside of Tacoma, also its own city). It takes about two hours in zero traffic to get from one end of the statistical metro area to the other. It has three counties in it!

"Seattle" "Metro" (spoiler alert: most of this is forest and farm)

375px-Map_of_Seattle%E2%80%93Tacoma%E2%8

So while what you say is true, I wouldn't say that the three million people living in the greater metro area are living in Seattle. 

It is a big misconception about Seattle that we have a huge population. That is why so many people are disappointed in the city. About 2/3rds of the people living in the metro area are in Tacoma, Olympia, Everett, or Bellevue. The closest suburbs on the Eastside still only bring the population up to about 1 m.

I'm not sure why metro areas include so many cities but they are not indicative of how many people actually live in the city proper, the density, or the facilities you can expect.

Aren't you in NY?

Seattle proper is about 700,000. The "metro area" includes an area larger than many countries, including two military bases (in Everett, its own city, and outside of Tacoma, also its own city). It takes about two hours in zero traffic to get from one end of the statistical metro area to the other. It has three counties in it!

"Seattle" "Metro" (spoiler alert: most of this is forest and farm)

375px-Map_of_Seattle%E2%80%93Tacoma%E2%8

So while what you say is true, I wouldn't say that the three million people living in the greater metro area are living in Seattle.

It is a big misconception about Seattle that we have a huge population. That is why so many people are disappointed in the city. About 2/3rds of the people living in the metro area are in Tacoma, Olympia, Everett, or Bellevue. The closest suburbs on the Eastside still only bring the population up to about 1 m.

I'm not sure why metro areas include so many cities but they are not indicative of how many people actually live in the city proper, the density, or the facilities you can expect.

She lives in New York State, not New York City.

• Like 3

Ah. Nonetheless... I always feel the need to educate people on the fact that Seattle is not a big huge city. They'll be disappointed enough when they realize they are also in the northernmost city in the continental US so it's not just cloudy, it's also dark.

• Like 2

Good Tuesday Morning!

COFFEE!!!!

Piano lessons start back up for 2 dc today.  It feels like the proverbial straw.  Hopefully it won't do us in. 

We finally got more snow last night.  After lots of fretting and encouraging people to clean out the grocery stores and canceling things in advance, the snow finally started hours later than expected, and actually accumulated a little overnight.  The worst part is that our high today will be 14 degrees.  :tongue_smilie:   

• Like 3

Good morning!

They are promising honest to goodness snow accumulation. 1-2". I am still waiting. :toetap05:

Everything is cancelled.

You’re doing Whaaaaat?????

Dd9 was promised pet rats for her birthday. Apparently, using fleece for bedding (instead of wood shavings or paper cat littler) is all the rage. You can take it out and launder it and reuse it until it is all worn out. We found lots of super cheap fleece baby blankets and bathrobes at the thrift stores yesterday. We have an appointment with the rat breeder on Saturday.

The news guy on the radio just said the snowflakes were getting big. :eyeroll:

Coffee!

• Like 7

Good morning!

They are promising honest to goodness snow accumulation. 1-2". I am still waiting. :toetap05:

Everything is cancelled.

Dd9 was promised pet rats for her birthday. Apparently, using fleece for bedding (instead of wood shavings or paper cat littler) is all the rage. You can take it out and launder it and reuse it until it is all worn out. We found lots of super cheap fleece baby blankets and bathrobes at the thrift stores yesterday. We have an appointment with the rat breeder on Saturday.

Coffee!

We use fleece for Bailey who tends to get sores on her feet. We got some inexpensive fabric on clearance (it’s fleece wedding shower fabric?!) and cut it up. I shake it outside really good before putting it in the washer with extra oxyclean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

We are having a sick day. No snow. Just bitterly cold weather. 

The boys worked together to get the chickens fed and watered, and I walked the dogs, got their breakfast, started laundry and started dishes. DH didn't run them last night. He's been taking care of a lot of things and he just plain forgot, I think. 

I ought to finish two more paintings today and then I'll have to pick something and draw if I want to have anything else to paint.

• Like 4

Good morning!

Everything is cancelled.

Coffee!

Are you getting the storm from Missouri? We were promised 1-2", ended up with 5". 

It's now a balmy -4 with a windchill of -18. 

I want to die. It's too cold. 

• Like 4

We are having a sick day. No snow. Just bitterly cold weather. 

We have the snow and the cold. I need to make a fire for the front room, but I don't even want to go outside. 

My parent's water pipes froze last night. They live a couple houses away from my sister, so they'll go there, but it's very inconvenient, for sure. 

• Like 4

Are you getting the storm from Missouri? We were promised 1-2", ended up with 5".

Yes - I think it's coming from there. The public library has closed, so you know it's the snowpocalypse! (The snow is coming down in a rather leisurely manner, so I don't expect anything too dramatic.)

• Like 2

They forecast a moderate chance with a possible half-inch. We evidently got the back side of it, so no show on the snow, but plenty of wind and chill. I don't think we are quite that cold, though.

• Like 1

We have the snow and the cold. I need to make a fire for the front room, but I don't even want to go outside. 

My parent's water pipes froze last night. They live a couple houses away from my sister, so they'll go there, but it's very inconvenient, for sure. 

Thanks for reminding me--heat lamp in the pump house needs to be on. I will check.

• Like 1

It's just good sportsmanship.  He's congratulating his opponent on an honest win.   :D

I like that!!😂

Good morning!

Coffee!

ahhhh, well, I had no idea. Carry on!!

I'm up. Woke up to a coughing fit. I do work today, but 2 hours late, so it's all good.

((Angi))  

I woke, I taught, I conquered. I'm going back to bed.

yay for Second Sleep. Good job, Renai!!  

I like Seattle. I was stationed in Ft. Lewis when I was in the army.

I miss Seattle's Best. They're so much better than Starbucks in every way.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

I have never been to Seattle!! But I want to go some day!
  • Like 4

I'm working from home today because we got a dusting.  That dusting caused major problems this morning during the early commute, though.  I probably could have gone in late instead of staying home, but I didn't want to.

But now I can't access one of the databases.  Everyone says it's working from them.  Remote access can be finicky like that.  I still don't want to go in, though.

I hate winter.

• Like 4

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸

Tuesday!!ðŸ‘

Back to school!!😩

DS’s school has a Foggy Day Schedule this morning, so he doesn’t start until 10:00am.

Foggy Day schedule?

• Like 1

Ah. Nonetheless... I always feel the need to educate people on the fact that Seattle is not a big huge city. They'll be disappointed enough when they realize they are also in the northernmost city in the continental US so it's not just cloudy, it's also dark.

Ah, the magic of looking at life through one's own lens. You see, we've been to Seattle. Many times. And I would say that it is, indeed, "a big huge city." When one lives in a geographically large county with a population of 40-50,000, one tends to define "a big huge city" a bit differently. It's all a matter of perspective.

(Side note: I find Anchorage to be a very charming city, mostly because it has all the attributes of a "big city," like skyscrapers downtown, but numbers-wise, it's fairly small.)

Edited by JoJosMom
  • Like 5

I'm up. Woke up to a coughing fit. I do work today, but 2 hours late, so it's all good.

:grouphug: I'm still coughing, too. Bleh. And what's the report on the new job, btw? Whacha doin'?

I woke, I taught, I conquered. I'm going back to bed.

You should say that in Latin. I need to ask DD.

Dutch Bros, bay-bee! Beats them all! :thumbup1:

I didn't eat all the things yesterday. It was too much work, so now I'm eating beans in my oatmeal to try to fit it all in today. It could be worse- it's not as bad as I expected. 

Paige, if I tried to eat all the things on your list, I'd explode. And I'm a fat broad with a hearty appetite. :ohmy:

Hugs for the Critters.

It was in the 40s here yesterday. And it's snowing in Arkansas and Tennessee. :blink:

• Like 5

Guess who's rescheduling dentist appointments (again) so we can hide from the weather?

This is exactly why I have such a long list of appointments I need to make.  Unpredictable winter weather makes scheduling doctor's appointments (most of which are an hour away) very difficult.

• Like 1

Foggy Day schedule?

As a consequence of moisture and topography, we here in the San Joaquin Valley get thick, dense tule fog in the winter. It can be so bad at times to be disorienting and at times you can’t even see past the end of the hood of your car. Needless to say, when it’s bad it is dangerous to drive in. However, most times it burns off by mid-Morning, so in areas where it is bad they have schools start late to keep buses and parents driving their kids to school off the roads fog has cleared. We call this a Foggy Day Schedule.
  • Like 4

Seattle's Best was nice. I didn't like it though. I like my coffee over-burnt and over-priced.

• Like 1

I am assuming that orchestra class is cancelled tonight, though we haven't heard anything yet.

You didn't get the memo? They must have sent it here by mistake. You're supposed to stay home and have hot fudge sundaes for dinner tonight.

You're welcome.

ETA: OOOO! It's  HOT FUDGE SUNDAE BOOYA!!!!

Edited by JoJosMom
  • Like 9

BS Po:  Sugars still high but it's a lower high (by about 3 points) than it used to be. I doubled my steps yesterday.  I can still move.  Ow but it's always ow so no harm done, I think.  Anyway. . . drum roll please.. . .   I lost one pound.  It probably won't stay lost but I'm hoping that it is part of a downward trend.  If I could move my weight set point down even three pounds for starters, it would be good. 

• Like 4