Menu

Just a vent: Not a good Easter

I just need to vent and I didn't know where to turn, so I came here to my imaginery friends. Just as my family was sitting down to Easter dinner, my dh's boss called - to let him go from the company. There have been a great deal of layoffs, my dh knew another round was coming, surprised he was in this round, but... But, I can't believe boss called on Easter Sunday to do this. And, yes boss is a practicing Catholic, understands the significance of the day. I know there is no good day or time to be let go. Why it couldn't wait until Monday morning, I do not know. Boss still expects dh to handle the planned layoffs for his now former staff on Monday. Guess boss (CEO) just didn't want to do this in person, but Easter Sunday afternoon, geesh!

Thanks for letting me vent! Just another reason I do so enjoy this group.

I'm sorry to hear about your dh's situation. You're right, he should have waited till Monday to inform him. Timing was definitely wrong. :glare:

We were in the same boat last year. My husband's department was off-shored to India last year. At first, the unknown prospects was scary. But we had faith and my dh ended up getting a better job with an extra week of vacation and his salary didn't take a big hit (less than 5%). In our situation, the layoff was a blessing in disguise (even though we didn't believe it at the time). The new job he got cannot be off-shore. So hang in there! Check out Monster, Clearance.com, and the other job sourcing websites.

You have the right to vent ...

First of all, I am terribly sorry for this turn of events. It's incredibly unfeeling and nasty, imo. :glare: Boo on dh's boss.

Secondly, dh suggests you call the papers about it if you're willing. This is the kind of story they love to trumpet, and perhaps it'll root out some of this insensitivity.

Classless, tactless and tasteless. :tongue_smilie:

First of all, I am terribly sorry for this turn of events. It's incredibly unfeeling and nasty, imo. :glare: Boo on dh's boss.

Secondly, dh suggests you call the papers about it if you're willing. This is the kind of story they love to trumpet, and perhaps it'll root out some of this insensitivity.

Classless, tactless and tasteless. :tongue_smilie:

While I totally agree with this being classless, tactless, and tasteless, I would NOT call the newspaper as it could hurt his chances at getting another job if prospective employers know he has done this.

Oh my gosh. I cannot believe that. I mean, I do believe you, I just can't believe that he would do something like that. I know it's easy for me to say this, but I do hope that you will really try to trust the Lord. When He does things like this, and it seems so hard, He always brings something better. I will be praying for you.

Thank you everyone for your good thoughts and prayers! We will be needing them. I am so lost and feeling overwhelmed. Dh, on the otherhand, is already taking care of business, preparing his expense reports, putting finishing touches on resume and making a list of who to contact today and thereafter (and it is not even 8a.m.) We are so very different people. :)

Again, I truly value the place to vent and hugs, thoughts and prayers. Thank you.