Menu

Still haven't gotten my SL catalog

mommysweird

I haven't gotten mine either, and I *have* ordered from Sonlight nearly each of the last 6 years! It's possible I didn't in the past school year -- I'm not sure -- but I got a postcard too and responded immediately via the website.

So I'll wait along with you. :)

You are not alone! I have ordered at least twice each year for the past 6 also---and I NEVER get mine before they change the website and stop letting you buy an "old" core if the new one does not appeal!

They don't send to current customers first either----they just send them out at random. I think this creates the ridiculously eager and frenzied anticipation of the annual catalog (yes, I am guilty of this :tongue_smilie:). I think they do this on purpose and enjoy the "celebrity" status of the Almight Sonlight Catalog Annual Wait....:glare:

I think this creates the ridiculously eager and frenzied anticipation of the annual catalog (yes, I am guilty of this :tongue_smilie:). I think they do this on purpose and enjoy the "celebrity" status of the Almight Sonlight Catalog Annual Wait....:glare:

:iagree:

I usually get it and go - "oh, look, here's the Sonlight catalog" - This year I'm "ridiculously eager and frenzied" - that's the most accurate description available. Our mail operates sporadically, too though - like the PP. I actually want to order this year and I'm crazed waiting for it.

I won't get one this year because we moved overseas and I haven't order from here yet. I'm a bit (ok, alot) jealous of those of you who can see it in print. Right now, I just can't wait till it goes online! Now I just have to figure out the time difference...

I haven't received mine, but I bet it's been delivered!

When I placed an order last year, I used dh's ancient credit card that still has his parents' address on it. I have a feeling they shipped the catalog to the mailing address and not the shipping address. But I'm not talking to my mil. :tongue_smilie:

Just had to share how envious I am of those of you who've gotten yours. I've never ordered from SL, so I'm low on the totem pole. I replied with my YES PLEASE SEND THE CATALOG via the website about 10 days ago. I'm trying to be patient, but it's sooooo hard! :glare:

FYI, some of us who have been devoted SL customers for many years don't have a catalog. I'm kinda annoyed that people who have never even ordered from SL are receiving a catalog before current customers.

Edited by Colleen

Mine just came today (April 1st) and I've been a SL customer for over 11 years.

Be forewarned that if you're on a rural route, catalogs get sorted last. The post office may sit on your catalog for months before actually passing it on to you.

I'm in the city limits, but my entire city is still considered a rural route by the post office.

They don't send to current customers first either----they just send them out at random. I think this creates the ridiculously eager and frenzied anticipation of the annual catalog (yes, I am guilty of this :tongue_smilie:). I think they do this on purpose and enjoy the "celebrity" status of the Almight Sonlight Catalog Annual Wait....:glare:

:iagree:

I too am guilty of that.

I have not received a catalog and I have been a Sonlight customer since 2003 ordering every year. I am not upset with Sonlight at all. I know that someone in my state did receive a catalog.

I am frustrated with my local post office since my guess is that they have my catalog, but just haven't delivered it to me. I usually end up requesting a catalog from Sonlight once they say if you haven't received one yet you can reorder. Then I get both within a day or two of each other.:glare:

I'm guessing it's my post office that's dropped the ball, too. They are sporadic with delivery at best. For instance, I got a "sorry we missed you" card for a certified piece yesterday. I was home all day and the mail person just doesn't get out of the truck to bring it to me - honestly, I think they don't even bring it out of the actual post office. Instead, they leave a note saying you must go to the PO to pick up and the first notice is always marked LAST NOTICE. This isn't the first time we've gotten that. It's consistently handled the exact same way.

So aggravating. I'll probably need to request another, too and then get both on the same day as PP said. But I don't fault SL either. I'm just anticipating it so much. It's rare I get to look forward to mail - usually it's all bills. :glare:

Guest frugalmel

I just went to the SL website. Its one catalog I hadn't requested. They are saying it will be out mid-April. Guess they have a varied time line?

I routinely get certain magazines about a month late. And lots of Netflix seem to go astray. On the other hand, I got a lot of homeschool catalogs within a week or two of requesting them (including Sonlight 2008) so who knows.

Doesn't really matter since we're only in week 10 of this year's core (we started in Jan this year). And I'm sort of waiting to see what happens with TOG to decide what I'm doing next anyway.

I just went to the SL website. Its one catalog I hadn't requested. They are saying it will be out mid-April. Guess they have a varied time line?

I think that's just a broad prediction in case they have troubles. But they started mailing to their current mailing list around the middle of March. When I first requested my SL catalog, the very first one came rather quickly. Maybe yours will, too. ;)