Menu

What is your most valuable time saving equipment for homeschooling?

My MacBook :)

Also, set meals in which I don't have to think, "What's for breakfast?", doing as many subjects together as possible (includes copy work, memory work, geography, history, science, art, p.e., and Bible study), and laying my own clothes out the night before.

I agree with the pre-planning for school, planbook, copier, and three-hole punch. Also, my mother has time to go yard-saling on a regular basis and she picks up various sizes of three-pronged notebooks for me for next to nothing, so I generally have a good supply on hand. That's helpful as they're pretty expensive.

I would add that I really like pre-planning of meals for the week so that I know I have what I need on hand. I have been doing 30 minute meals for years (my time involved, not necessarily the amount of time for cooking) and I look for recipes that keep me in the kitchen no longer than that. I think a good crockpot is great for busy days when I won't be home until dinner time. I can start the meal in the morning before we start school and not have to think of it again.

Regena

Mechanical pencils (I used to spend evenings sharpening traditional pencils).

Dishwasher, washing machine, even running water and toilet facilities (after camping without water supply and drainage for six months - no more walks to the tap etc:o).

My Moulinex for chopping, blending, squeezing and grating (which we are without just now:().

Aside from my laptop and all-in-one printer (and the internet...), my kitchen timer to keep us on track when we have very full days is a big plus.

Also, my FAT 3-ring binder where I put all of my teacher's materials, copies of legal stuff, lists, master copies for maps, worksheets, math charts, etc. and whatever else I can fit in. I like having it all in one place! :D

Also, our nice t.v. trays and/or our Belkin CushTop laptop platforms (basically a ventilated, cushy-but-firm, inclined lapdesk)--we have 4 laptops here :rolleyes: and someone always needs to use one for school so it's nice for us to be able to use them comfortably while sitting on the couch! Or a bean bag chair...

I'd have to say HST. It's saved me time, but it's also saved me loads of paper and erasing and marking and messing around trying to make up some kind of schedule.

Of course, we don't stick to the HST schedule any better than we did the paper one, but I feel more organized and it's a lot easier to move stuff around. :-D

and sigh with happiness like a the woman in the grocery store ad with the full leg cast on who sees a nubile young man bringing her groceries to the door ("you know it's got to be good" is the tag line).

Grab this book, a gentle tworl, grab that book, a bag of dice and a pointer plus a pencil for each of you.

People come over. Do the oogle the 19th century marble bust of Joan of Arc, no, it's "oohhhh, I need to get one of these" as they spin it about.

Happy Monday all, hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go.....