Menu

Have you ever felt if one more child asks you a question your head will explode?

Oh yes. How can one kid ask so many questions? Plus, he processes everything orally, so what whatever pops into his head comes out his mouth. EVERY single time I go to the bathroom for a little "alone time" I hear the patter of feet to stand outside the door asking me questions. Can I not even go to the bathroom in peace?!?!!

I have to confess, I have hidden from my kids and eaten chocolate at the same time.

The Calgon thing - My friend used to have a habit of saying "Calgon take me away." (She has 10 dc). One day on the way home from her house, my then 5yo ds asked me, "Mommy, why does Ms. J. pray to the Cow god?"

Yes! Right now as I am trying to read a few threads my non stop 4 year old is asking me questions and if I not hear him the first time he just repeats until I anwer "Do I turn into a skelton if I eat bone marrow?"

We learned about bones this week and I told them that sometimes bone marrow can be eaten too.

"What do pretend mean?"

Sigh, this is why I still take nap time everyday and no questions are allow for an hour and a half.

"Is this the way to hold a fork?" He is eating lunch.

I have been there too. DS 7 & 5 follow me around our house...I can't get away ;) Last night I had an awful migraine and was going off to bed and DS 7 would not leave me alone (and it was regarding Pokemon cards...UGH). DH finally said, "Can't you see that your mom is not feeling good? Please leave mommy alone!"

He later came into the bedroom and left me a card that said "I'm sorry your not feeling good, I love you. XOXOXO....Kids gotta love them :D

I once told mine to write down his questions--they were really, really good ones, and I couldn't answer most of them!

I never did get him a Question Journal, but I think it's a good idea.

'Course, then you'd be saying,

"Get your journal" every two seconds...

Yes, I believe that was during my ds's "why" stage. I spent so much time in the bathroom pretending to be busy, but in truth I was just enjoying a moments peace.

PS...This strategy also works for weaning, potty training and many other parenting issues.

:grouphug: Hang in there, Jo.:grouphug:

Can I not even go to the bathroom in peace?!?!!

No, that's not allowed for moms. :lol:

Actually, when an office worker says something about a bad day at the office, I always like to point out that they can escape to the restroom for a couple of minutes knowing that at least their coworkers won't follow them in there (unlike a SAHM). LOL.

Every darn day. I had to pull out the Calgon line today and I am seriously considering a trip to the wine store. :w00t:

Hey, if I give you some money will you get me a big bottle of anything with alcoholic content. Pretty please with sugar on top??

Oh, wait...I'm on duty...weeelll -- D***!

And, Jo, yes, every. single. bloomin'. day. Even when I'm on duty - the questions don't cease; they're just on a different subject, like, "I've been sick for 3 weeks. Nothing feels any different tonight (n.b. at 3 in the morning). But could you take me to the hospital right away?" Yes, this is an otherwise able adult. ***Heaves huge sigh and reluctantly relinquishes the idea of getting any sleep for the night***

I usually have a very high threshold for questions...really. It may get chaotic at times, but I usually field the interuptions without a problem. Today was different. A different kind of madness.

I found myself reading the MFS treatise on "Bad Days"...M&Ms anyone? I wanted to run. I put on Attenborough instead. The kids were distracted in fascination, which of course led to more discussion and questions. :glare:

It is after 5pm on the mainland, I'm getting a Hornsby Hard Cider ready on deck. :D

Thanks everyone. I'm glad I'm not alone today.

Jo

Guest janainaz

I bought myself my own Valentine's day present - an iPod shuffle. I LOVE it. I can drown out all the yelling, fighting (even the fun stuff) - and unless someone walks up to me and makes eye contact - I'm on another planet. Obviously, I don't use it all day, but when I'm feeling on edge, it does wonders.