Menu

House fire

I rarely post on these boards, but I am always here except for the last two weeks. On the morning of Feb. 14 our house burned to the ground and we lost everything. The cause was undetermined. We were in SC visiting our newborn granddaughter, so no one was hurt except for our dog who was badly burned. We are currently staying with our daughter and her husband who live about 8 miles from us. It is a very small house, so we hope to only be here another two weeks at the most so we don't wear out our welcome. I have gathered together enough books and curriculum so we can start school again next week. We need some kind of normalcy in our lives.

I would appreciate your prayers. This will be a long, trying process. You all have been such an encouragement to me in the past.

Susie in SWVA

I rarely post on these boards, but I am always here except for the last two weeks. On the morning of Feb. 14 our house burned to the ground and we lost everything. The cause was undetermined. We were in SC visiting our newborn granddaughter, so no one was hurt except for our dog who was badly burned. We are currently staying with our daughter and her husband who live about 8 miles from us. It is a very small house, so we hope to only be here another two weeks at the most so we don't wear out our welcome. I have gathered together enough books and curriculum so we can start school again next week. We need some kind of normalcy in our lives.

I would appreciate your prayers. This will be a long, trying process. You all have been such an encouragement to me in the past.

Susie in SWVA

Oh, I remember you - we were chatting about Henle a few months ago. I am SOOOO sorry to hear about your house and belongings!!!!!!!!!!!!! May God bless you as you go about putting your lives back together!

I am so sorry!

Do you have insurance ? THey should be paying for your temporary residence while you rebuild or buy a new house.

We lived at an extended stay hotel when we moved 13 years ago, and there were many famlies staying there due to insurance claims.

Praying for your family and your dog!