Menu

Mica Miller

DawnM

On 5/6/2024 at 3:41 PM, Corraleno said:

I really hope the police continue to investigate this and don't drop it just because the ME said the gunshot wound was "consistent with a self-inflicted wound" after they were told by her sketchy husband that she had a history of suicidal thoughts. Tammy Daybell's death certificate originally said she died of heart attack, and there have been plenty of other cases where the ME accepted the simplest and most "obvious" cause of death without further investigation when it was really something else. I hope they are looking at JP's cell phone records to see where he was, looking at surveillance video along the route she would have theoretically driven, etc. 

(ETA: I have personal experience working on a medical malpractice case where we discovered that the doctor whose negligence caused the death had personally contacted the ME to tell him what the cause of death should be and that's what the ME put on the death certificate. When he was deposed, the ME admitted that he had taken the doctor's word for it as it seemed plausible based on the evidence, and he hadn't examined the body any further. )

I agree.

that said, ME's are overworked and underpaid.  This isnt' TV where they can do an investigation that isn't part of the medical exam to find the killer.

There have been cases of "self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head" - but the person was left handed and the entry wound was on the right side . . (iow: it wasn't "self-inflicted".) .

I hope they investigate and can nail him, but it may take time, and during that time may look like nothing is happening.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, gardenmom5 said:

I agree.

that said, ME's are overworked and underpaid.  This isnt' TV where they can do an investigation that isn't part of the medical exam to find the killer.

There have been cases of "self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head" - but the person was left handed and the entry wound was on the right side . . (iow: it wasn't "self-inflicted".) .

I hope they investigate and can nail him, but it may take time, and during that time may look like nothing is happening.

Unfortunately, since JP was legally next of kin as her husband, he had Mica's body immediately cremated before the family could arrange for a second examination. Her mother said that JP refused to allow any of her family members to see the body or pay their final respects unless her parents agreed to sign off on the cremation. Her mother says they reluctantly signed in order to see her and say goodbye, and they noticed that she had bruises on her hand and elsewhere.

Also, the body was found in the water, which could have affected forensic evidence, yet the ME closed the case almost immediately and JP was allowed to ensure there would not be any further investigation. It kind of boggles my mind that someone who was a suspect in a violent death would be allowed to decide how to dispose of the body over the objections of other family members, but then there's a whole lot about this case that doesn't make sense (like how someone can confess to multiple instances of statutory rape of girls they were in a position of authority over and have zero consequences...)

• Like 1
  • Sad 6

14 minutes ago, Corraleno said:

Unfortunately, since JP was legally next of kin as her husband, he had Mica's body immediately cremated before the family could arrange for a second examination. Her mother said that JP refused to allow any of her family members to see the body or pay their final respects unless her parents agreed to sign off on the cremation. Her mother says they reluctantly signed in order to see her and say goodbye, and they noticed that she had bruises on her hand and elsewhere.

Also, the body was found in the water, which could have affected forensic evidence, yet the ME closed the case almost immediately and JP was allowed to ensure there would not be any further investigation. It kind of boggles my mind that someone who was a suspect in a violent death would be allowed to decide how to dispose of the body over the objections of other family members, but then there's a whole lot about this case that doesn't make sense (like how someone can confess to multiple instances of statutory rape of girls they were in a position of authority over and have zero consequences...)

đŸ˜¡đŸ¤¬đŸ‘º

Him and OJ - I'll kill you and I'll get away with it. . . (NB told Caitlyn Jenner OJ said that to her, three days before she was murdered.)

there are no words. . . . 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/11/2024 at 6:25 PM, Corraleno said:

We really need to discuss, as a nation, this whole next of kin situation. I think there should not be an automatic "if you are married your spouse is next of kin" right. Some spouses, even if very loving and nurturing, are not good with medical decisions. I think we need "when you turn 18, you need to designate a person, and if you don't, social worker will be called to make the choices" law. It just needs to be an everyone thing. I would love for it to be a database, like driver's licenses, so that hospitals, police, social workers can do a quick check and see who the current decision maker is. It could even be a DMV/SoS thing just like updating your driver's license at 18 to indicate organ donation, only this is "rank 1, 2, 3 the people you want to make decisions for you if you are incapacitated or to release your body if killed", and then it is in the database along with your driver's license/state ID. Since these id's are renewed every 4 years, there would always be a designated time to re-think, and if a change needed to be made before the renewal, an easy change to make just like change of address. If this system had been in place, Mica could have designated a trusted person foe her next of kin, and law enforcement when they identified her and began the investigation would have seen "sister POA" or whatever and released her body to that person, not him.

I know a lot of people would squawk " but marriage" and yet, how many times is this a problem for women before we start to take it seriously? 

And I will NEVER believe "Girlfriend's husband drove his wheelchair into the community poop after dark" until someone produces security camera evidence of this "suicide" that has been verified as not tampered photographic evidence. Too many coincidences. Occam's Razer.

• Like 6

Or at the VERY minimum, when a person files for divorce an attorney should have the client fill out paperwork to designate a next of kin, or whatever is needed to protect the client in case of illness, injury, etc. 

• Like 11

22 minutes ago, Annie G said:

Or at the VERY minimum, when a person files for divorce an attorney should have the client fill out paperwork to designate a next of kin, or whatever is needed to protect the client in case of illness, injury, etc. 

Agreed. I know that in my case, my entire teen years and young adult years before getting married, I was very scared if something happening to me like losing consciousness, having a head injury, etc. and my parents being my next of kin. They held some very bad religious beliefs during those years which would have resulted in preventing medical professionals from giving the standard of care. I didn't have a choice as there was no one informing me of any rights I might have had at 18 to designate someone else nor how to make sure that medical professionals knew my parents should not be legally allowed to make decisions. I did manage to get this changed for healthcare at college once I turned 18. I started college at 16, and there wad no legal loophole to keep them off the emergency contact list. But when I turned 18, I asked my Intro to Psych professor if I had any rights, and he said in terms of the college student health, I could sign paperwork to make my aunt and uncle my emergency medical contact. Later I was able to get it changed at the housing office as well to keep my R.A./R.D. from calling them. But, if I had been off campus when something happened, there was no way to stop an ER doctor or police officer from defaulting to my parents. Not married? Find out who the parents are and call them would have been the default. Being able to designate with my driver's license would have resolved a lot of anxiety.

It isn't just a Mica Miller divorce issue. Young adults leave their parents' religions and need to be able to have someone else in this role. If I were say one of Tom Cruise's kids and left scientology, I would not want dear old dad having any say in my medical care, and I would want law enforcement to know that I am not good with ending up as a "Shelly Miscavige".

• Like 3

I would support a driver’s license initiative, but I don’t want a social worker to be the default if someone doesn’t select on. Yikes. They are overworked already and not necessarily medically literate people.

The default is already becoming that hospitals won’t honor anything without paperwork, which means if you come in needing resuscitation and don’t want it, you better have your paperwork on file.

Some have ways to upload POA and directives to their electronic medical records.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, kbutton said:

I would support a driver’s license initiative, but I don’t want a social worker to be the default if someone doesn’t select on. Yikes. They are overworked already and not necessarily medically literate people.

The default is already becoming that hospitals won’t honor anything without paperwork, which means if you come in needing resuscitation and don’t want it, you better have your paperwork on file.

Some have ways to upload POA and directives to their electronic medical records.

The hospital my mom would go to required NEW paperwork every. single. time. she went in.

• Sad 2

15 hours ago, Faith-manor said:

We really need to discuss, as a nation, this whole next of kin situation. I think there should not be an automatic "if you are married your spouse is next of kin" right. Some spouses, even if very loving and nurturing, are not good with medical decisions. I think we need "when you turn 18, you need to designate a person, and if you don't, social worker will be called to make the choices" law. It just needs to be an everyone thing. I would love for it to be a database, like driver's licenses, so that hospitals, police, social workers can do a quick check and see who the current decision maker is. It could even be a DMV/SoS thing just like updating your driver's license at 18 to indicate organ donation, only this is "rank 1, 2, 3 the people you want to make decisions for you if you are incapacitated or to release your body if killed", and then it is in the database along with your driver's license/state ID. Since these id's are renewed every 4 years, there would always be a designated time to re-think, and if a change needed to be made before the renewal, an easy change to make just like change of address. If this system had been in place, Mica could have designated a trusted person foe her next of kin, and law enforcement when they identified her and began the investigation would have seen "sister POA" or whatever and released her body to that person, not him.

I know a lot of people would squawk " but marriage" and yet, how many times is this a problem for women before we start to take it seriously? 

And I will NEVER believe "Girlfriend's husband drove his wheelchair into the community poop after dark" until someone produces security camera evidence of this "suicide" that has been verified as not tampered photographic evidence. Too many coincidences. Occam's Razer.

Anyone can do Power of Attorney paperwork to designate medical and financial POA, and they don't have to be the same people.  We used a lawyer but it can be done with online paperwork.  Having seen the FAFSA rollout, I don't know that a searchable, frequently updated ranked choice national database would be easy to implement and keep accurate.  My understanding is that the crime databases are missing a lot of information and also have incorrect information because it's hard to keep them updated (a friend spent time detained by police when she was stopped for a traffic violation because the car had been reported stolen...years earlier, by her husband, and subsequently recovered, but the recovered part hadn't made its way into the database).  But I'm all for people filling out POA paperwork so that trusted people can step in.  

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Scarlett said:

Why do you believe she did not kill herself? The evidence seems pretty solid to me. 

The FBI is investigating due to Mica's meticulously kept notebook.   

My guess is that the FBI will be able to put JP away for child p*rn, possibly abuse if they can prove it, and money laundering.    

As far as the evidence.   I think it is plausible that he had time to off her as the footage of him in Charleston was not near the time of her offing, but I am not sure he was there.    All footage does she her alone.     Some are saying the footage of her buying a gun was not the same day, but again, no proof of that.     He definitely assisted in her death though.   I just don't think he will be charged for it unless something else comes out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Clemsondana said:

Anyone can do Power of Attorney paperwork to designate medical and financial POA, and they don't have to be the same people.  We used a lawyer but it can be done with online paperwork.  Having seen the FAFSA rollout, I don't know that a searchable, frequently updated ranked choice national database would be easy to implement and keep accurate.  My understanding is that the crime databases are missing a lot of information and also have incorrect information because it's hard to keep them updated (a friend spent time detained by police when she was stopped for a traffic violation because the car had been reported stolen...years earlier, by her husband, and subsequently recovered, but the recovered part hadn't made its way into the database).  But I'm all for people filling out POA paperwork so that trusted people can step in.  

The problem is that without a searchable database, the POA means nothing unless the person has the paperwork on them. This is a massive issue in the medical industry. The default is always "next of kin" because hospitals and law enforcement have zero way of knowing that an incapacitated or dead person has someone else designated for POA. Even if she had designated someone else, the ME would have released her body to JP unless the POA person had happened to be informed of what happened, and showed up with the paperwork before JP got to her.

Case in point. My father tried to kill my mother and commit suicide. He was unsuccessful on both counts, and his injuries never knocked him out. Mom was unconscious. He was next of kin and yes, the ER staff consulted him for medical decisions because until proven guilty, it was his "right" as her husband. I have lived this nightmare. I was able to get an ER doc to declare him "altered mental status" and then they started asking my brother to make decisions, my idiot brother who is the last human who should make stressful medical decisions but he was eldest. All of these stupid traditions are bad bad bad. Eventually though, he decided he didn't want the burden and told the staff to start consulting me.

Everyone needs a POA. Everyone. And it must be in some sort of searchable database so medical professionals can quickly look up whom to call. They have a searchable database for blood marrow donors, they can have one for this.

• Sad 5

I wish this kind of situation didn’t have to exist. It would be nice if there was a time hold on processing bodies when the situation is at all out of the ordinary.

This won’t solve it, but it can help. People can carry a card on their person with who to contact if they have a next of kin. It won’t solve POA if you have one, but it would narrow it down for people with multiple relatives with the same level of relationship to you (multiple siblings). You can carry a card with your estate attorney on it or anyone else who has your POA also. If someone is leaving an abusive situation, it might behoove them to wear an ID with good contact information for an attorney for instructions (Road ID sells medical and non-medical IDs). 

Generally, if there is time, and the decision involves letting someone die or unhooking a machine, they want input from multiple family members because they potentially all have standing for a lawsuit. If there is a case where a situation doesn’t neatly fit stated wishes (happened with my grandmother—rare emergent scenario), they want as much consensus as possible.

***I know abuse is different. I just don’t want to leave people thinking all normal ER (or death) situations are scary and messed up.***

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Scarlett said:

Why do you believe she did not kill herself? The evidence seems pretty solid to me. 

His behavior.  If he was really innocent, why the RUSH to have her cremated?  Why was her body in water when she allegedly shot herself?

- and she was making plans with friends that weekend.  She was divorcing him, she was leaving.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Faith-manor said:

Everyone needs a POA. Everyone. And it must be in some sort of searchable database so medical professionals can quickly look up whom to call. They have a searchable database for blood marrow donors, they can have one for this.

I'm so sorry - I sort of understand - my father od'd, and my mother refused to call an aid unit for 16 hours until my 15 yo brother talked her into it.  (I was 12). She wanted to "teach him a lesson."  yeah, how'd that work?

It would be fairly easy to add a section for POA (password encrypted) in EPIC.  It is used by drs, hospitals, pharmacies, etc.   not all hospitals use it (2dd - pharmD, blew her stack when she found out the one dsil was at last year didn't have it), but most do.   

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Faith-manor said:

The problem is that without a searchable database, the POA means nothing unless the person has the paperwork on them. This is a massive issue in the medical industry. The default is always "next of kin" because hospitals and law enforcement have zero way of knowing that an incapacitated or dead person has someone else designated for POA. Even if she had designated someone else, the ME would have released her body to JP unless the POA person had happened to be informed of what happened, and showed up with the paperwork before JP got to her.

Case in point. My father tried to kill my mother and commit suicide. He was unsuccessful on both counts, and his injuries never knocked him out. Mom was unconscious. He was next of kin and yes, the ER staff consulted him for medical decisions because until proven guilty, it was his "right" as her husband. I have lived this nightmare. I was able to get an ER doc to declare him "altered mental status" and then they started asking my brother to make decisions, my idiot brother who is the last human who should make stressful medical decisions but he was eldest. All of these stupid traditions are bad bad bad. Eventually though, he decided he didn't want the burden and told the staff to start consulting me.

I understand the goal and the reasons why this would be good.  I just fear that it wouldn't be current, such that it could take weeks or months for a change to update.  If somebody is in the hospital and a person shows up with a copy of the forms saying that they are the POA because they were newly put in that role, and that is in conflict with what is in the database that hasn't been updated, I'm not confident that it would be handled well.  In other cases it would be a benefit.  Before spending a lot of money to implement it, I'd want to be sure that it helps more often than it doesn't. 

I also wonder how many abuse victims would have changed this information in their paperwork - in the process of getting a divorce, or moving out from a bad family situation, I'm not sure that updating medical would be most people's first step.  Really, I'm not arguing that there isn't a problem.  But I'm not sure that there is an ideal way to solve it.  It would seem easier for a person to go to their local hospitals and put next of kin info on file there.  Obviously something could happen away from home, but since most people are near their homes most of the time, it would probably be more cost effective and possibly just more effective overall for people to take care of it at their nearest hospital(s).  It wouldn't catch everything, but I'd imagine that it would take care of the majority of such situations. 

And, for the majority of people none of this matters - most people want the obvious next of kin - spouse, parent, sibling - to make these decisions for them.  When it goes wrong, it goes really wrong, but I'm not sure that most people, even those who turn out to need it, are thinking about putting somebody else in charge.  So many crime shows have an interview that goes something like 'I knew they were a jerk, but I never thought they'd hurt their family like that' so I'm not sure how many people would anticipate something like this.  

And, just a general FYI since we are in the middle of dealing with it: if your elderly relatives have filled out their POA paperwork that it is the spouse, and if the spouse is unavailable then it passes to an adult child, have them update it.  We have spent a while in a situation where neither elderly relative can manage medical decisions, but the only way for it to be turned over to the kid is to have the seniors declared incompetent.  No lawyer would let them sign legal documents to change it now because they can't manage complexity.  But, to declare them incompetent would stop them from writing checks, driving the mile to their small town grocery store, etc.  Until very recently (one is now in hospice and the other is deteriorating rapidly) they could manage routine small-town life.  Medical staff have been fantastic in dealing with it, usually talking to the seniors when a child is present, and by the kids having access to the patient portals they can monitor situations as they happen.  It has been hard to navigate, and was avoidable if anybody had known to set it up differently.  

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Clemsondana said:

I understand the goal and the reasons why this would be good.  I just fear that it wouldn't be current, such that it could take weeks or months for a change to update.  

If a POA is put into EPIC, the update would be instantaneous.   How they'd respond to someone with paperwork is debatable.   (eta: if an "updated paper copy" is presented, it would mean it wasn't done at a drs office, or any other medical facility where it would be entered into a patient's EPIC file.  Its veracity would likely get questioned.)

that would also reduce the redundancy of filling one out, every. single. time. because it won't get lost in a paper file. (which can become quite . . thick . . . 

Just like with updating meds, etc.  EPIC is the same software your dr uses to send Rx to your chosen Pharmacy.  Hospitals use it to know what Rx you're on (any any supplements that have been added.)

Edited by gardenmom5
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, gardenmom5 said:

If a POA is put into EPIC, the update would be instantaneous.   How they'd respond to someone with paperwork is debatable.   (eta: if an "updated paper copy" is presented, it would mean it wasn't done at a drs office, or any other medical facility where it would be entered into a patient's EPIC file.  Its veracity would likely get questioned.)

that would also reduce the redundancy of filling one out, every. single. time. because it won't get lost in a paper file. (which can become quite . . thick . . . 

Just like with updating meds, etc.  EPIC is the same software your dr uses to send Rx to your chosen Pharmacy.  Hospitals use it to know what Rx you're on (any any supplements that have been added.)

So this is something that the lawyer would do?  If I went to a lawyer and signed paperwork, then they would make sure that it got entered into my medical records?  Or are you saying that the veracity of a POA would be questioned?  Otherwise it wouldn't be instantaneous - it would be the same difference as what I suggested, with patients taking it to their local hospital or provider.  If the hospital or medical provider enters it I'd expect it to be available to anyone with access to that system.  But it would still not be as current as the paperwork, which you could have when you walk out of the lawyer's office.  And, as mentioned, not all providers use this service.  I'm not sure that my provider, which is technically a PMA, uses it.  And for people who don't have a primary doctor?  I'm not trying to argue - I'm just trying to envision how this would work and whether it is the best way to protect the most people.  

Edited by Clemsondana

3 hours ago, Clemsondana said:

And, just a general FYI since we are in the middle of dealing with it: if your elderly relatives have filled out their POA paperwork that it is the spouse, and if the spouse is unavailable then it passes to an adult child, have them update it. 

What do you suggest having them update it to? I can foresee this possibly being an issue with my parents, but I'm not sure what a solution would be.

Just now, livetoread said:

What do you suggest having them update it to? I can foresee this possibly being an issue with my parents, but I'm not sure what a solution would be.

A lawyer can guide you - we know somebody who has already made an adjustment based on our experience.  I think it lists 2 people jointly.  

Things are getting a bit weirder.     The police report has come out.  I have NOT seen the original, other than what others have posted.   I am going off of people who are looking into it with far more time than I have.   So, none of this is vetted carefully and should be under the "this is what we think we know but we are waiting for full investigation" category, so don't come after me!

• Mica called from the car.   There are several shell casings around the car area, which doesn't make sense completely.   
  • Mica was found over 100 feet away IN the water
  • Mica has defensive wounds on her body
  • Mica drove about 15 min off the road she was taking, in the direction of JP's father, which is rather remote
  • JP's father is under investigation for a death is Pakistan currently
  • The people on the boat who heard the "cry" said they actually heard a scream, not a cry
  • There was another boat that appeared out of nowhere and went off down the river and out of site, which has caused some to speculate that JP or someone hired may have come by boat to avoid detection by cameras.   

The last one I am skeptical of, but we will see if anything comes of that, or if they identify the boat.   That seems a bit of a stretch, but the more I learn about JP, the more I realize he stretched things beyond what I thought they could go.

We DO know:

• JP may never be tried for murder, even if he did it, but they may indeed get him for fraud and money laundering which could have a very long sentence.
  • On the news they had a psychologist talking about his demeanor at her funeral and how he showed a complete lack of grieving by his body language and facial expressions.
  • JP made the family sign a cremation form before they could see the body and then quickly had her cremated before any further investigation could occur.

• Sad 7

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, lauraw4321 said:

How do we know about defensive wounds if she was cremated? 

The family did see her body but I think there were photos.

ETA: Yes, there were photos and her dad came out and spoke about the wounds/bruising, etc....

Edited by DawnM
  • Sad 2

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, alisoncooks said:

This was suggested in my YouTube feed this morning. 

I can’t decide if it is that her grieving family can’t accept the suicide or if JP was smart enough to pull off her murder. He is so so gross. Slimy. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Scarlett said:

I can’t decide if it is that her grieving family can’t accept the suicide or if JP was smart enough to pull off her murder. He is so so gross. Slimy. 

I am continuing to follow a few people who are hiring PI's and investigating a lot.   So much is coming out.   And the FBI was already investigating his father and the funds the church has.   I mean, how does a small church in Myrtle Beach have $6M and 17 homes?   Something is very wrong.   And JP owns the church itself!   

I am 100% convinced it was not a suicide.   For one thing, her body was found a 15 min walk from her car, in a restricted area, through water.   However, the shell casings were found near the car, not her body.   And her belongings were in a 3rd location.    If she made that call, hoping her family would find her, why would she go into the most remote area of the park where it was only found by a boater?

There is so much more.   But I am following along as a couch investigator with popcorn in hand. Â đŸ˜œ

• Like 7

1 hour ago, DawnM said:

I am continuing to follow a few people who are hiring PI's and investigating a lot.   So much is coming out.   And the FBI was already investigating his father and the funds the church has.   I mean, how does a small church in Myrtle Beach have $6M and 17 homes?   Something is very wrong.   And JP owns the church itself!   

I am 100% convinced it was not a suicide.   For one thing, her body was found a 15 min walk from her car, in a restricted area, through water.   However, the shell casings were found near the car, not her body.   And her belongings were in a 3rd location.    If she made that call, hoping her family would find her, why would she go into the most remote area of the park where it was only found by a boater?

There is so much more.   But I am following along as a couch investigator with popcorn in hand. Â đŸ˜œ

Her body was found 15 min walk from the car?!! I knew her body was in the water which I thought was weird enough.  If she wanted to be found why not keep her cell phone with her.  

I can’t stop thinking AI is involved in the phone call.

• Like 2

Just now, Scarlett said:

Her body was found 15 min walk from the car?!! I knew her body was in the water which I thought was weird enough.  If she wanted to be found why not keep her cell phone with her.  

I can’t stop thinking AI is involved in the phone call.

Someone slowed down the recording and isolated some of the sound and thinks it says something about "get her arm" after she speaks.

I just follow along, I am not believing everything, but I do read the plausible theories, esp as they relate to the actual factual findings.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DawnM said:

Someone slowed down the recording and isolated some of the sound and thinks it says something about "get her arm" after she speaks.

I just follow along, I am not believing everything, but I do read the plausible theories, esp as they relate to the actual factual findings.

I heard that recording but I can’t figure out why she would need to still be alive during the phone call if they faked the phone call.  Or did they FORCE her to make the call to 911? That doesn’t seem likely. 

27 minutes ago, Scarlett said:

I heard that recording but I can’t figure out why she would need to still be alive during the phone call if they faked the phone call.  Or did they FORCE her to make the call to 911? That doesn’t seem likely. 

No idea,  unless she was dead and they made the phone call with AI while they were figuring out what to do with the body?   

I just am praying the full truth is revealed.  

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, DawnM said:

No idea,  unless she was dead and they made the phone call with AI while they were figuring out what to do with the body?   

I just am praying the full truth is revealed.  

But the fisher man heard crying by the water just before the gunshot.  

5 minutes ago, Scarlett said:

But the fisher man heard crying by the water just before the gunshot.  

the voice recording has come out.  It wasn't crying, it was screaming.   And there was a shot in the tree and other shots, which he could have heard.   But he may have heard the actual shot that killed her, I just don't believe she is the one who did it.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, DawnM said:

the voice recording has come out.  It wasn't crying, it was screaming.   And there was a shot in the tree and other shots, which he could have heard.   But he may have heard the actual shot that killed her, I just don't believe she is the one who did it.

What voice recording?

27 minutes ago, Scarlett said:

What voice recording?

The phone call to 911 from the fisherman.   It was recorded.   Her family listened to it and says it is screaming, not crying.

1 hour ago, DawnM said:

The phone call to 911 from the fisherman.   It was recorded.   Her family listened to it and says it is screaming, not crying.

I did not know the fisherman made a 911 call! 

off to look for it now. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Scarlett said:

I did not know the fisherman made a 911 call! 

off to look for it now. 

Let me see if I can find it.  I am getting too many things in my head about this case.   

But I remember people saying he kept cutting out as he didn't have great cell service there and you could hear birds and things loudly but then on Mica's call, it was Chrystal clear and no background noise.   All so strange.

Edited by DawnM

6 hours ago, DawnM said:

Let me see if I can find it.  I am getting too many things in my head about this case.   

But I remember people saying he kept cutting out as he didn't have great cell service there and you could hear birds and things loudly but then on Mica's call, it was Chrystal clear and no background noise.   All so strange.

Ok I found a 911 call from the fisherman but it was after he found the body.  The call makes it sound like he had made contact with the deputy already and was asking for the deputy to come back because ‘I think I found a body.’

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Scarlett said:

Ok I found a 911 call from the fisherman but it was after he found the body.  The call makes it sound like he had made contact with the deputy already and was asking for the deputy to come back because ‘I think I found a body.’

Odd.  I know her dad talked about it in the interview they had with him.  I will look later.  I have a very busy day at work today with end of course testing.   Now I am wondering if it was another eye witness who said it and not a phone call.   I will dig later.

Edited by DawnM

18 hours ago, DawnM said:

Yes that part was weird but I think he may have been down closer to the water when he called.  

If anyone is interested, there is another creapy church in Southern CA that got involved in Tik Tok dancing, etc and it turns out it is a creapy cult w sexusl overtines and abuse ov workers. It is a new Netflix documentary.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, TravelingChris said:

If anyone is interested, there is another creapy church in Southern CA that got involved in Tik Tok dancing, etc and it turns out it is a creapy cult w sexusl overtines and abuse ov workers. It is a new Netflix documentary.

There are so many churches that fit this 

• Like 1

I think this creep is going down for financial fraud and crimes  but I am not sure they will get him on her murder.  

I wish they would. But I am not hearing a lot of real progress toward that end.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

At least Chad Daybell got convicted. Got the death penalty too, though all that really guarantees is years of appeals.

The arrogance of these men thinking they can do anything and never get caught blows my mind.

Edited by maize
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Scarlett said:

I think this creep is going down for financial fraud and crimes  but I am not sure they will get him on her murder.  

Give them time.

It was a year (of silence) before anyone was arrested for Jared Bridegan's murder, and another six months after that before his ex-wife was finally arrested for solicitation of murder.  (hopefully, she'll never see the outside of a prison again.)

• Like 2

7 hours ago, gardenmom5 said:

Give them time.

It was a year (of silence) before anyone was arrested for Jared Bridegan's murder, and another six months after that before his ex-wife was finally arrested for solicitation of murder.  (hopefully, she'll never see the outside of a prison again.)

Building a case can take time.  I was told my ex husbands arrest would be by the end of the week……and 6 months later they finally arrested him.   The more they dig, the more they found and the detectives needed to get a rock solid case.

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Scarlett said:

I don't think they will either.   However, several people are investigating, including a trained PI, so we will see.

The problem is, the people investigating have limited resources.   The police in the area are known to be corrupt.   One person said that Lumberton State Park is known for druggies and drug deals going down.

The person who found her belongings, TOOK her belongings in his car, drove off.   Then came back later in a different car, with her belongings.   I don't know if he planned to steal them and then got scared because of the publicity of the case and thought it would incriminate him, or what, but he returned it.   Was that the fisherman?   I think it was.

As far as the voice recording, I can't find it.  The dad says he thinks it was screaming, but that could be speculation on his part, I am still looking for it, although I don't have much time right now with end of year stuff at school.

• Sad 2