Menu

Super Bowl Party dishes

DawnM

I am going to a Chinese New Year/Super Bowl Party tomorrow.

I think I am going to make mini salmon patties/bites with a lemon aioli dipping sauce.

I also thought of deviled eggs.   The last few times I took buffalo dip it didn't get eaten.

What are you making/taking to your Super Bowl party if you are going to one?

• Like 1

I’m ordering pizzas and that’s about it! 

Honestly I have a sinus infection and another relative just died unexpectedly. We’re only hosting because the other couples who usually host parties in our friend group have other things going on tomorrow. Right now I’d rather go to bed with a book than do one more thing. 

• Sad 5

No super bowl party here, and we are not fans anyway so won't be watching, but we declared tomorrow to be snack food day anyway. I think I'll hardboil some eggs for deviling.  One of my favorite party snacks is Italian sausage bites - browned sausage links cut in small chunks, wrapped in puff pastry and baked. But honestly now most of my party food comes from Costco. Mini quiches and mozzarella sticks!  

Oh not from Costco but probably not what you are looking for: big bowls of buttered popcorn! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DawnM said:

I am going to a Chinese New Year/Super Bowl Party tomorrow.

I think I am going to make mini salmon patties/bites with a lemon aioli dipping sauce.

I also thought of deviled eggs.   The last few times I took buffalo dip it didn't get eaten.

What are you making/taking to your Super Bowl party if you are going to one?

What kind of monsters do you associate with that no one wanted to eat the buffalo dip? My ONLY concern with it is sometimes it is too spicy for me, but it is so yummy!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I always cook for dh as if there's a big party, even though it's just the two of us. (And this year, our foster teen as well.) This year's lineup:

--Potato skins

--With the potato interiors, I'm going to try a recipe for vegan nacho dip from Cook's Illustrated. I'm skeptical, but I really miss cheesy things so I am going to give it a try.

--Buffalo chicken wings

--Glazed sausage bits

--Jalapeno poppers

--Cookies with ice cream

--Dh's favorite Caesar salad knockoff. His mom made this particular salad she customized and it's his favorite salad ever. 

• Like 2

Wings - not buffalo, sweet n spicy

Mexican layered dip
Jalapeno poppers - with cream cheese and bacon

Deviled eggs
Spinach and artichoke baked pinwheels 

Fruit skewers -berries, grapes, kiwi, apples, and bananas

No dessert bc the Valentines sugar avalanche will be enough for this week! Plus we will be full from all the other yummy things!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ktgrok said:

What kind of monsters do you associate with that no one wanted to eat the buffalo dip? My ONLY concern with it is sometimes it is too spicy for me, but it is so yummy!

They used to expect it from me and it would disappear, but lately I have gone to 3 different events and it hardly gets touched.

• Sad 1

43 minutes ago, math teacher said:

We aren't into Super Bowl, but tomorrow we are having pancit and spring rolls from a friend from the Phillipines. Can't wait.

This brings back memories. I had two Filippina roommies in college. One of the moms used to make us big pans of pancit--glorious! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Harriet Vane said:

--With the potato interiors, I'm going to try a recipe for vegan nacho dip from Cook's Illustrated. I'm skeptical, but I really miss cheesy things so I am going to give it a try.

If that one doesn't work out, this is my favorite queso recipe: https://www.theppk.com/2011/11/cashew-queso/

It's more work than I prefer to do on a regular basis but I love it for the Super Bowl or New Year's Eve.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We are having a small super bowl snack party.

DH is going to wrap something in bacon and smoking a rump roast.

I'm going to make nacho cheese sauce (roux, cheddar, paprika, msg). Chips. Whatever topping things I can scrounge up around the house, guacamole, olives, jalapenos.

My 19 yo ds is coming over and bringing his girlfriend. Dh will be here too. We are having wings, some type of taco dip (I’d like to make a dip with ground beef if anyone has suggestions?),  veggies with dip, and jalepeno poppers. I may also put some chicken tenders in the air fryer. 

I’m looking forward to it. This will only be the second time that ds girlfriend has been over. She is a sweet girl and I am glad to get to know her better. 

1 hour ago, Just Kate said:

My 19 yo ds is coming over and bringing his girlfriend. Dh will be here too. We are having wings, some type of taco dip (I’d like to make a dip with ground beef if anyone has suggestions?),  veggies with dip, and jalepeno poppers. I may also put some chicken tenders in the air fryer. 

I’m looking forward to it. This will only be the second time that ds girlfriend has been over. She is a sweet girl and I am glad to get to know her better. 

My sister made the Velveeta with ground beef and salsa every Thanksgiving.

• Like 2

We have a party just to visit with our friends mid-winter.  I found a new recipe for chicken wings I want to make, but the grocer said they haven't gotten wings in in a long time.  So, got some chicken tenders that I will cook but not fry and top with the orange juice/hot sauce/honey sauce.  We'll see.  Also making some queso dip and some chocolate coconut bars.  Guests will all bring something to share, too.

4 hours ago, math teacher said:

We aren't into Super Bowl, but tomorrow we are having pancit and spring rolls from a friend from the Phillipines. Can't wait.

Oh gosh, I love pancit.  I lived in a big women’s coop in college, and the 3-4 Filipina women made pancit and lumpia for dinner one night. I was so hooked that I got them to teach me how.  But my husband is low carb now, so I don’t make it anymore.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, PeterPan said:

I have a very bad attitude about buffalo dip and like to take it when it's NOT eaten so there are leftovers for me. 😄 

My dh is making homemade pizzas and I got the ingredients to make this https://www.traderjoes.com/home/recipes/kickin-corn-dip

Weill, I like the leftovers but when no one eats it, I feel like the kid who didn't get picked for the team when I have to go grab my full dish of food I brought.

• Sad 2

I was up half the night last night.   Little one came to our room at midnight and woke us both up.  I was up from 12-4.   I couldn't get back to sleep.

So, I think I am opting for something very simple or already made and I will do the salmon patty balls another time.

We do not watch the Duper Bowl since we aren't football people here. But, we like to use it as an excuse to have a special movie night with game day foods.

Tonight I am making buffalo wings and blue cheese dip, chili cheese dip with corn chips, and putting out salsa, fresh veggies, and mixed nuts.

I will be doing an actual game day in October. Mother in law is a very very proud University of Iowa alum, and has never gotten to go back for homecoming when they honor alumni. She has regretted her decision to never make that a priority though prior to it becoming too hard to travel, I had offered to make that road trip happen. Now with her P.A.D., she can't go. So I have planned a surprise homecoming game watch party for her. Our sons and daughter in law, my mom, Mark and I. Mark is going to get her out of the house that morning to go grocery shopping, while we sneak in and decorate. I am making a UI hunting and pennants to hang around the windows, a big tissue paper yellow mum (yellow mum is what the alumni wear at the game), and hawks to hang from her ceiling fan. Pulled pork sliders, wings, seafood dip, chicken bacon ranch dip, potato skins, cut out cookies (hawk) frosted yellow and black, and homemade ice cream. We will set up our large screen, and watch the game with her. She is so cute. Every year she watches the homecoming game while wearing her school sweater from 1957. Everyone is going to try to wear black and yellow or all black.

• Like 6

14 hours ago, Just Kate said:

Is this what you're looking for?  https://damndelicious.net/2013/11/04/beef-queso-dip/

• Thanks 1

I ended up taking spicy pimento cheese and hard crackers for an appetizer and then a cheesecake (premade) for dessert.   The pimento cheese was a hit but the cheesecake didn't really get eaten as there were lots of desserts there.

Now I have 12 boiled eggs that we need to eat because I never got around to making deviled eggs.   

• Like 2