Menu

Birthday treat bag ideas for classroom

DawnM

A's 6th birthday is coming up and they are allowed to bring little treat bags for the classmates but no food.

I have a few ideas, but am open to more.

Criteria: must be able to be purchased and have the ability to toss in a bag, I am not knitting plushies for the whole class!   LOL! 😂.     I am also not personalizing or doing anything fancy.

I am thinking little bags with light up rings, little puzzle books, slap bracelets, that sort of thing.

Other thoughts?

I think it’s rare for a family to do a whole bag. Last year for DS5 I did matchbox & whatever the other little toy car brand is. I’ve also seen pop toys or fidget spinners, literally any sort of party favors. My boy at that age really loves those gross little slimey guys you throw at the wall and then they slowly “climb” down. They’re only good for 20 minutes max because they pick up every bit of lint or rug fibers or dust they find and then they aren’t sticky anymore. Bubble wands also go over well. And the small containers of play doh. I search on Pinterest for a rhyme that has something to do with the contents or my kid’s name and print out a little card about it being (Name’s) 6th birthday! 

• Like 1

As a parent of older kids who is on a long dejunking project here still finding stuff like this in weird corners, I'd probably do something "consumable".  Fun pencils, little pads of paper, temporary tattoos, stickers, bookmarks, little coloring books, etc. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

first thing, check your Target "dollar spot" or whatever, and see if they have the tubes of little # shaped blocks. The tubes are $1, and have about 72 pieces or so in the tube. One per kid. done. 

These are a HUGE hit in my classes.

If you can't find those, I second consumable things. Stickers, fake tattoos, fun erasers, things like that. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, TheReader said:

first thing, check your Target "dollar spot" or whatever, and see if they have the tubes of little # shaped blocks. The tubes are $1, and have about 72 pieces or so in the tube. One per kid. done. 

If you can't find those, I second consumable things. Stickers, fake tattoos, fun erasers, things like that. 

Oh my goodness, I’m all about consumable stuff, but these tubes were a huge hit when we needed a table activity for a 5 yr old at a dinner recently. 

I also think Play Doh would be great, or those little packs of air dry clay that you can buy in bulk. If you want to get fancy, throw in some snow man cookie cutters or something.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TheReader said:

Do you mean these?

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/717409415623928601/

7 hours ago, wendyroo said:

All my kids LOVE those things.

I had a similar thing, like this:  https://www.amazon.com/VIAHART-Interlocking-Educational-Alternative-Childrens/dp/B00N7CD4BK/ref=sr_1_24?keywords=plastic+connector+toys&qid=1699784243&sr=8-24 in my office when I was a middle school counselor.    It got played with all the time!   It was a great mindless toy that helped them calm down many times.

Looks like a similar concept.

7 hours ago, KungFuPanda said:

Definitely nose flutes 😈

When DS first learned to read he stomped down the stairs all mad demanding to know why there was a bin labeled “Goodie Bag Crap” in his room. He was insulted. He loved all that stuff. 

Off to google nose flutes.   I have never heard of them.