Menu

Our cat had kittens…

saraha

Just now, wintermom said:

I love the orange one! I've always wanted an orange cat. Wish I lived closer. 

"Kittens in a feed sack" is making my day much brighter! 😊

Our orange male cat we had years ago has been by far the best cat we ever had. His personality was huge, funny and sweet. I still miss him and would love to have another orange kitty again. We seem to be on a black streak these days.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, saraha said:

We’d be happy to share kittens with anyone who wants one! 

I'd take one in a heart beat, especially that orange one, but right now I'm trying to convince DH we need a dog so throwing a kitten at him might not be the best interest for me getting a dog. LOL Why? Because he'd take that orange kitten in a heart beat too and then claim we are pet full. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, wintermom said:

I love the orange one! I've always wanted an orange cat. Wish I lived closer. 

"Kittens in a feed sack" is making my day much brighter! 😊

2 hours ago, stephanier.1765 said:

Our orange male cat we had years ago has been by far the best cat we ever had. His personality was huge, funny and sweet. I still miss him and would love to have another orange kitty again. We seem to be on a black streak these days.

Our orange boy is so sweet, and LOUD, and loveable, and a big pain in the arse. 😂😂 He's got the loudest "voice" I've ever heard in a cat that he uses about 15 minutes after we all go to bed unless I lock him in my bedroom with me, he wakes me up before my alarm with head butts and digging at my bed by my neck, he's like a giant noddle when you pick him up like holding a wet heavy blanket - no bones,  and I just love him to pieces. 💕

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

She’s a lot more protective of these ones than her first litter. She was always like what do I do?!? With the first one. Her first litter she cried at the screen door til they started coming out and then had them right in front of the door, which was cool because we got to watch the whole process and she wanted us right there with her. This time, she had them on the front porch, but inside the feed bag and didn’t tell us.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

AND! Look what our dog found! She only had the one kitten with her and it’s about 4 or 5 days old now. She’s super friendly and really wants our attention as you can see she flipped over in the box as soon as she saw me come out. We have a kitten nursery now!ACFB8771-6520-4C8B-B0EC-0F5DE3E278EA.thumb.jpeg.0a524cd827bff786e163cbbb5dcc6619.jpeg

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, saraha said:

Me too!

Me three, except I want them all! They are so bloomin' cute it would be hard to pick just one.

ETA: thank you for taking in the second baby mama. The poor thing is probably lost from her family and scared. She knew you were a keeper. ❤️ And what a smart doggo you have.

Edited by stephanier.1765
  • Like 6

I took the pillow out of the bigger kittens box and moved the new mommas box to the edge of the crate and turned it long ways so he couldn’t reach it. He looked over the edge of the box and cried for a while but decided it was too far to stretch. We’ll have to get he a bigger box. Her kitten is still so tiny and new 

Edited by saraha

37 minutes ago, saraha said:

I took the pillow out of the bigger kittens box and moved the new mommas box to the edge of the crate and turned it long ways so he couldn’t reach it. He looked over the edge of the box and cried for a while but decided it was too far to stretch. We’ll have to get he a bigger box. Her kitten is still so tiny and new 

Her milk must taste extra yummy. Silly little booger.

Thanks for all the cuteness! It definitely is needed right now.

• Like 1

He has decided to move in with her permanently 😆. I got a little upset for his family of origin but dh let me know gently that I might be taking it a little too much to heart 🤪

This morning the three big ones in the white box are all huddled in a corner staying very far away from a dead chipmunk momma brought them. 

Edited by saraha
  • Like 10
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, saraha said:

He has decided to move in with her permanently 😆. I got a little upset for his family of origin but dh let me know gently that I might be taking it a little too much to heart 🤪

This morning the three big ones in the white box are all huddled in a corner staying very far away from a dead chipmunk momma brought them. 

I think it is fine that he decided to move in with the mama who has less competition.  Poor kittens, afraid of the dead chipmunk!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, saraha said:

Maybe there is some cause and effect there? Like she told him a chipmunk was coming, and he skipped town (box?).  Or he's clairvoyant?  Or mama is trying to replace him?  

• Haha 5

5 hours ago, saraha said:

She is being a good mama!  That's how mama cats start to teach their kittens to hunt.  

It's less fun when your cat decides you are a mediocre hunter and decides to improve your hunting skills by dropping a dead or injured mouse on your face in the middle of the night, though. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

43 minutes ago, Terabith said:

She is being a good mama!  That's how mama cats start to teach their kittens to hunt.  

It's less fun when your cat decides you are a mediocre hunter and decides to improve your hunting skills by dropping a dead or injured mouse on your face in the middle of the night, though. 

Oh my ever loving goodness. I would straight up have a heart attack and that cat would now be an outside cat!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We did have to separate the big kittten from the little kitten today. While new momma was gone big kitten tried to play with little kitten by smacking its head and grabbing it and trying to wrestle. New kittens eyes aren’t even open yet, so I doubt prepared for that onslaught. They’ll all be together again tonight in the crate. Dh tried to get rid of the chipmunk this afternoon and old momma growled at him, so now the kittens are playing around it 😆

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Terabith said:

So, I have been looking at this thread wishing I could have a kitten or two.

You cured me!  Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

So to further the momma situation. I looked out the door just now and new momma was in old mommas box nursing the older kittens and new mommas baby was alone in her box. Old momma just came back and saw new momma in her box and is just sitting in front of the crate meowing confusedly. I sent dd18 out to get new momma out and put her with her own baby. Who opened its eyes this morning, so cute!

• Like 5

So the new momma has been in with the big kittens all day and at least once I looked out and both mommas were in with them and the newborn was all alone. This evening it is chilly so I finally moved new momma in her box and moved it out of the crate and closes the kittens in. I’m surprised she would leave the little one alone so long to nurse the big ones. Hmmm

• Sad 2