Menu

this may sound lame....

ProudGrandma

but I am super short on time this Christmas...not only am I doing Christmas related stuff....my daughter is getting married on Dec 31st and I need to take as many short cuts as I can. 

I need to make some cookies for a Thank You gift to a group of people and I was just going to make some of those frozen cookie balls you can buy at the grocery store...but I was wondering if there is any way to make them "look" or taste more homemade.

Please share your secret if you have one. 

thanks. 

You can roll them in sugar, or sprinkles or whatever. Otherwise, no one is going to really know or care. 

Honestly, I'd just pick up a tray of cookies from the grocery store to make it even easier. Or get some dollar store christmas mugs and fill them with hershey kisses - the ones in holiday colored wrappers. (depending on how many people - that could get pricey if a lot of people)

Edited by ktgrok
  • Like 8

If you're short on time, I think you should just pick something up from the bakery or use the refrigerated dough as is and not worry about it.  I'm sure the cookies will be appreciated no matter what and no one will care if they weren't made by you from scratch!  

Edited by Kassia
  • Like 2

Agreeing with everyone to just do whatever is simplest for you. Save your time and energy and pick some cookies up from the bakery or supermarket, put them in a cute tin or bag (or don't!) and call it good. I don’t think there’s a person out there who wouldn’t be thrilled and grateful—especially if they had any idea how busy you are! 

Sending you some sanity! 

• Like 4

I've never in my life witnessed a human being turn down eating cookies known to be store bought.  Not once. Same with candy.  That's the easiest option. Everyone will be thrilled to eat them.

If you insist on something at least partially homemade, one super simple option is dipping Oreos half way into melting candy or melted chocolate and adding some sprinkles before it dries. Get the melting types that work in a microwave. Add to the finished cookies some store bought candies like almond roca, Hershey's kisses, or anything else that looks especially festive in pretty foil.

• Like 3

Honestly, as we find ourselves 2 weeks until Christmas, there is NO shame in coming up with alternative solutions.
I think we all should be coming up with easier alternatives.
Quick cookies is *wise* regardless of your dd's Wedding!

Best Wishes as you gain a Son-in-law.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, readinmom said:

Roll the sugar cookie dough in cinnamon and sugar for snickerdoodle type cookie

Roll the chocolate chip dough in crushed pretzels, drizzle with melted chocolate

this is the kind of thing I was looking for.  I bought the monster cookie, peanut butter cookie and macadamia nuts cookie dough.  I plan to put a chocolate star on the peanut butter ones....would the pretzel thing work with the monster cookie?  

thanks??

• Like 2

16 hours ago, kfeusse said:

this is the kind of thing I was looking for.  I bought the monster cookie, peanut butter cookie and macadamia nuts cookie dough.  I plan to put a chocolate star on the peanut butter ones....would the pretzel thing work with the monster cookie?  

thanks??

Put some dried cranberries on top of a few of them. Instant Christmas. 

• Haha 1