Menu

like father like daughter...

ktgrok

My husband is...theatrical. And he likes puppets. And he runs an information security conference locally, that has an alligator puppet mascot. 

This years conference had multiple challenges for participants and each challenge was introduced by Chompy (aka Chompster) explaining some situation and asking for help. Multiple times I walked into my bedroom to find my grown man husband kneeling on the ground holding a puppet up to a camera. Such is my life. 

Well, he showed my 4 yr old some of the videos. Next thing I know, the child is filming her OWN Chompy videos. At first I thought she was just talking to herself, but no, she'd propped her kids fire tablet up and was filming videos like daddy. Y'all, not sure if I can with two of them with the dramatics, lol. Meanwhile, Daddy is SUPER thrilled - this may be the highlight of his year. Or life. I have a feeling he's going to make her her own green screen by the time she's 5. 

Link is to her video - I must love y'al because I am posting this knowing there are several seconds of my pajama clad butt in the frame. Sigh. Below the link is one of the inspiration videos she based hers off of, lol. Oh, and they are long, no need to watch all of it - although DD4's has a unicorn villain and a song!

https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/?fbclid=IwAR1pz7x782WGEXi2eNwlZRAivxWP6O5eX5FqtkurBduWHaZhyWok_t1ux0M#B0n5nhQSTHddeQc

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 19

2 minutes ago, Junie said:

Thanks for sharing!

Y'all can't get a bigger house fast enough. 😉

SERIOUSLY. When I'm laying down muttering on the bed in the background, I'm telling the cat that when we get a new house he and I can lock ourselves in the laundry room and hide from this madness!

Don't even get me started on how some of the Chompy videos were filmed between 10pm and 6am the night before the conference. I had to sleep on the floor on that mattress stored under DD4's bed so that DH could use his office (aka my master bedroom) to film and edit this stuff. Actually, to try to keep the noise down he filmed some of it in our bathroom around 3am!

Maybe I should have included these videos in the personal letter to the home sellers, with that explanation,  lol. Like, "please, if you have any kind of a soul, sell me your house so I can escape this madness!"

• Like 2
  • Haha 11

8 minutes ago, Starr said:

How fun! Lol she’s getting her puppetry skills down, watch out. The kitty though, trying to ignore it all and eventually his ears go out. Our cats used to come in my room and beg for the noise to stop. 

Yea, you can tell he is like, "what in heaven is she doing now?"

5 minutes ago, alisoncooks said:

That’s cute! My oldest dd and my dh are both into the ukulele. He’ll be in the living room, playing. She’ll be on the front porch, playing a completely different tune. (I’ll be in my room, door shut, tv up loud…) At least puppets are kinda quiet… 😉 

This is why we need a bigger house - there is NO room to go in to escape the crazy. Well, if DS22 is at work DD11 and I have taken turns escaping in there. 

• Like 1

And..just saw he ordered her her own, smaller, gator puppet. She says she's naming it "Lil' Snapper". Chompy's official name is "Lil' Chompy" so it fits. DH can't wait to do puppet videos together with her 🙂

I predict a full on puppet theatre and/or green screen by Christmas. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Terabith said:

SO CUTE!  

And also a little heartbreaking that the initial conflict for the alligator is that he's at the beach but doesn't have a mask.  You guys really, really need a bigger house though!

At first I thought that was what she said, but it turns out she was trying to say "map" I think. At least, I want to think so...sigh. I hate pandemics. Especially in a tiny house! (actually, perfectly reasonable sized house if we had half as many people in it, lol)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/22/2021 at 8:25 AM, ktgrok said:

SERIOUSLY. When I'm laying down muttering on the bed in the background, I'm telling the cat that when we get a new house he and I can lock ourselves in the laundry room and hide from this madness!

Don't even get me started on how some of the Chompy videos were filmed between 10pm and 6am the night before the conference. I had to sleep on the floor on that mattress stored under DD4's bed so that DH could use his office (aka my master bedroom) to film and edit this stuff. Actually, to try to keep the noise down he filmed some of it in our bathroom around 3am!

Maybe I should have included these videos in the personal letter to the home sellers, with that explanation,  lol. Like, "please, if you have any kind of a soul, sell me your house so I can escape this madness!"

😂😂😂 your muttering was my favorite part.  I laughed so hard.  

• Like 2