• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Terabith said:

Important public service announcement 

IMG_4325.jpeg

We were coming down the Idaho panhandle from Canada and a deer jumped in front of us.  Dh zigged.  So did the deer.  So, dh zagged . . . The deer chose another way.
whenever dh's driving stresses me - he reminds me he missed that stupid deer!  (we never left the road)

5 hours ago, Terabith said:

IMG_4326.jpeg

I've been attacked by a black swan.  It was *across a (small) pond*! and I turned my back on it to look at something else.  It flew across the pond to attack me!  I was wearing a blue-black taffeta skirt, so I assume it didn't like my skirt.  Dh was kicking at it to get it off of me.

2 hours ago, Terabith said:

IMG_4335.jpeg

I'd like my stress cleaning back . . . (that's how I coped as a teenager)
but my fibro would say "no" . . . 

9 hours ago, historically accurate said:

I just recently cleaned out the Tupperware cupboard and threw away extraneous lids:

image.thumb.png.6b866804485bd145896bf80073af64c2.png

I bet one of those pea green lids would fit the 50+ year old container my grandmother gave me. She used to have 2 matching that held flour and sugar. She only gave me the one with a lost lid, and only this year, 2 years after she stopped cooking and storing flour or sugar. 😆

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Alte Veste Academy said:

Toonces, look out!

image.jpeg.c4392780f79fe4314e49185528c68f87.jpeg

And now I have the theme song in my head. 😂

🎵🎵Toonces thee driving cat. The cat who could drive a car.🎵🎵

1 hour ago, Terabith said:

IMG_4338.jpeg

56 minutes ago, Katy said:

ETA: I googled. Apparently it was a deep fried calzone.

I was going to post that I have no idea what it is. Even after seeing Katy's ETA I'm still in the dark. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Katy said:

Born & raised in Florida and I have no idea.

ETA: I googled. Apparently it was a deep fried calzone. And they’re permanently closed so it wasn’t a hit. 

Dumb question but aren’t all calzones fried?  (Also I think I’ve only had like two calzones in my life, so I’m clearly not an expert.)

36 minutes ago, Terabith said:

Dumb question but aren’t all calzones fried?  (Also I think I’ve only had like two calzones in my life, so I’m clearly not an expert.)

I’ve had them in NY & the Midwest and they were always baked in a pizza oven with a dry crust. 

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, Matryoshka said:

Never even heard of a fried calzone.  Only ones baked in same oven as the pizzas.  Basically inside-out pizza.

The Wikipedia page said in some areas they are fried, but the fried ones have a separate name & are a separate dish in some areas.