Menu

I have a big hand on my avatar.

Indigo Blue

The hand identifies people who recently joined. If you're on a laptop and hover the cursor it indicates that. I don't know when it goes away, after a certain number of posts or a certain length of time?? The shield identifies the person as a moderator, but I think it means they moderate one of the social groups.

6 hours ago, Indigo Blue said:

I don’t know why it’s there. I wish it would go away. 

Some people have things that look like shields.

I don’t know what these are.

Not at all important or anything......

🤔

Hand indicates new member.

there’s been someone posting as Indigo Blue for some time... if that’s you, you might be able to get the hand removed as it indicates a new member and maybe you are not a new member. 

Or maybe you are a new member with a similar username to someone else in which case it’s correct

1 minute ago, Not_a_Number said:

I suppose since I didn't ever have a photo, I must be very confusing with my large N 😄 . 

It's a new surprise every time and sometimes I don't remember at all!  The N is hard because I am a ridiculously visual person.  I've been here 20 years.  I'm just not ever going to get better. 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, KungFuPanda said:

It's a new surprise every time and sometimes I don't remember at all!  The N is hard because I am a ridiculously visual person.  I've been here 20 years.  I'm just not ever going to get better. 😆

Hmmm, you're inspiring me to get a photo... although then I'll confuse people for a while, hmm. 

• Like 1

Just now, Not_a_Number said:

Hmmm, you're inspiring me to get a photo... although then I'll confuse people for a while, hmm. 

For the love of all that is decent and holy please DO get a photo.  You don't understand how bad I am with names.  My personal low was when I blanked on a student's name, and she had the SAME name as me.  It's bad.  I'm glad I've always been this way with names or I'd be paranoid that my mind was going.

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

Just now, KungFuPanda said:

For the love of all that is decent and holy please DO get a photo.  You don't understand how bad I am with names.  My personal low was when I blanked on a student's name, and she had the SAME name as me.  It's bad.  I'm glad I've always been this way with names or I'd be paranoid that my mind was going.

OK, what would be a good photo for someone called "Not a Number"? I mean, I guess it better not be a number? 😄 When I used to be a square, that was at least easy to make a photo for!! 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Not_a_Number said:

OK, what would be a good photo for someone called "Not a Number"? I mean, I guess it better not be a number? 😄 When I used to be a square, that was at least easy to make a photo for!! 

Maybe an image that combines the number and square ideas but is vague enough that you'd have to know to know? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KungFuPanda said:

Maybe an image that combines the number and square ideas but is vague enough that you'd have to know to know? 

3 minutes ago, kand said:

Maybe a mathematical symbol that isn't a number? That would both be "not a number" and would be a hat tip to your mathmatical leanings. Maybe something that's undefined?

Interesting ideas! I'll ponder 😄 

8 hours ago, Not_a_Number said:

You need to zoom in on a part of a math crossword puzzle that is not a number!  Like an equal sign.  Or an empty space where there is not a number (yet).

Maybe not a subtraction sign.  

3 minutes ago, BaseballandHockey said:

You need to zoom in on a part of a math crossword puzzle that is not a number!  Like an equal sign.  Or an empty space where there is not a number (yet).

Maybe not a subtraction sign.  

Okay, I kind of like this idea too.  Even more of an inside joke. 

17 hours ago, Indigo Blue said:

I’m the same person. I just decided (and needed) to delete my account. There’s just one of me. 

Whew! I am glad I came back and saw this post.  I was so confused and trying to figure out if there were two of you.  Love your avatar!

• Haha 1

My current avatar is my own sunflower I took with my own camera.  My user name is a nick name I got in high school when a teacher told me I favored Scarlet O’Hara in looks and personality. These days Scarlett O’Hara is not quite as beloved  as she once was.  But what is one to do when one has had the same screen name for 20 years.  

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Scarlett said:

My current avatar is my own sunflower I took with my own camera.  My user name is a nick name I got in high school when a teacher told me I favored Scarlet O’Hara in looks and personality. These days Scarlett O’Hara is not quite as beloved  as she once was.  But what is one to do when one has had the same screen name for 20 years.  

I noticed when you changed from your old avatar to the sunflower. It’s beautiful!

• Like 1