Menu

I have a big hand on my avatar.

Indigo Blue

On 4/21/2021 at 9:11 AM, mommyoffive said:

Ok, how do you change your avatar?  I can't figure it out.

Save the image to your desktop. Tap your old avatar. On the page that comes up, you will see your avatar with a little mountain and sun in a little box. Tap that little box and navigate to the desktop image and upload. You may see where it will pop up in a box waiting for you to crop and size it. If it looks good, don’t do any resizing. Just tap upload photo. That should work.

Or, even easier, you can just drag and drop the image from your desktop right into the box that pops up when you tap the small sun/mountain box. Then just tap upload.

NOTE: If it comes from Bill, always resize to “no crop.” The man is completely humorless about that. 😏

Edited by Indigo Blue
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Indigo Blue said:

Save the image to your desktop. Tap your old avatar. On the page that comes up, you will see your avatar with a little mountain and sun in a little box. Tap that little box and navigate to the desktop image and upload. You may see where it will pop up in a box waiting for you to crop and size it. If it looks good, don’t do any resizing. Just tap upload photo. That should work.

Or, even easier, you can just drag and drop the image from your desktop right into the box that pops up when you tap the small sun/mountain box. Then just tap upload.

Thank you!

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, mommyoffive said:

Awwww, thank you so much.  I love it!

Glad you like it.

After I've had a little coffee, I'll post one of the "failures" I tried making for you. Should get a laugh.

Oh, one more thing. Try re-upping your avatar. There is a last step where one needs to "adjust the crop." At this last step one pulls the boundaries to the corners, that will give the image a little bit more room (less crowded).

Bill

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Indigo Blue said:

Spy Car, are you using Publisher to make these? You don’t have to give away your secret if you don’t want to.

ETA: It probably takes more than a few minutes to do these, so thank you for creating these for us!

No secrets here. Mostly using Affinity Photo. Also the sister product Affinity Designer.

Glad to do it.

Bill

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Spy Car said:

Much!

As a reward:

HpMsJUy.jpg

I love it, but Baseball does the other kind of cross country.  The one that involves shoes.  Of course, I guarantee if you make me an avatar with cross country shoes they'll decide they are Baseketball&TaeKwonDo or something.  

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, BaseballandHockey said:

I love it, but Baseball does the other kind of cross country.  The one that involves shoes.  Of course, I guarantee if you make me an avatar with cross country shoes they'll decide they are Baseketball&TaeKwonDo or something.  

Wha?

So this won't work either?

IiIRxoO.jpg

13 minutes ago, BaseballandHockey said:

I like the one I have!  If I changed my name every time my kids changed sports, people would get whiplash.  

I'll stick with Baseball and Hockey until one of them gets a college scholarship.  

One more option. Your choice.

vYzn5wK.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BaseballandHockey said:

I like the one I have!  If I changed my name every time my kids changed sports, people would get whiplash.  

I'll stick with Baseball and Hockey until one of them gets a college scholarship.  

Screen name: Whiplash. LOL.

Don't do it.

Bill

tsj4jqz.jpg

• Haha 4

44 minutes ago, BaseballandHockey said:

It’s Harry’s wand for my middle kid who played neither baseball nor hockey, but loved Harry Potter.

I was off by a little bit, but got the connection to HP. Cool Avatar. I like it.