Menu

I have a big hand on my avatar.

Indigo Blue

5 hours ago, Scarlett said:

I wish I could think of something cool.  Once you decide not to use Scarlett O'Hara anymore it all seems pointless.  😞

How about a scarlet letter “A”? Err....might send the wrong message. 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Just now, Spy Car said:

I picture a woman sticking out her tongue. Like this: :tongue:

Bill

Very accurate!  It’s my default expression.  😄  Ok, maybe not default, but it’s definitely a frequent expression on my face.  It runs in the family.  My dad and grandfather and cousin and brother all do it.  

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Indigo Blue said:

@sangtarah has a new avatar, I think? Did I miss it somehow that Spy Car created this? If you did, Spy Car, I love it!! If not, please take that as a compliment, Sangtarah, because Bill has been cranking out some really nice avatars. If you did this yourself, I wanted to say how much I love it. It just caught my eye, and I wanted to say how awesome  that is.

Thanks! It’s actually a favorite painting I own!  I figured out how to make it my avatar way before the Big Board Upgrade, so I’m glad it transferred, lol. 😆 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Scarlett said:

I love them! Who knew!

There is a grandiflora rose called Scarlett O'Hara. I am not able to find its picture. It is crimson red, almost black.

https://www.fiftyflowers.com/product/scarlett-ohara-red-sweetheart-rose.htm

https://www.monrovia.com/scarlett-o-hara-bougainvillea.html

Edited by mathnerd
  • Like 2

Oh Bill @Spy Car if it's not too late or too bold to ask, I'd like a new one too. I periodically change to add family or pets, but something that reflects my user name would be great. I love my state, warts and all and especially love the amazing biodiversity that most people aren't aware of because of the theme parks, crowded beaches and Florida Man. So, something Florida nature-y with the added aristocracy of the Lady Florida name. No gators please. This FSU alumna would not like that.

Edited by Lady Florida.

@Spy Car !!!

What do you think?! *twirls in new clothes* I'll admit I was a bit afraid to change just because I had given myself this huge pep talk about liking the gold and I do type design so really I should stick with a letter anyway, LOL. Then I come to the boards and see this!! Oh my. The moon as the circle thing looks stunning to me. ❤️ 

Many thanks, I'm a whole new moonhawk! literally 🙂 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Moonhawk said:

@Spy Car !!!

What do you think?! *twirls in new clothes* I'll admit I was a bit afraid to change just because I had given myself this huge pep talk about liking the gold and I do type design so really I should stick with a letter anyway, LOL. Then I come to the boards and see this!! Oh my. The moon as the circle thing looks stunning to me. ❤️ 

Love it!!!

• Like 3

I am so glad I read this thread. I had been noticing new avatars and getting confused. 😄

I've thought about changing mine, just because I'm tired of it. I kind of want to make a quilled purple owl and then use that. But I haven't made progress on my current quilling project in a while, so who knows how long it would take me to get around to making an owl.

• Like 3

On 4/22/2021 at 9:18 PM, Dreamergal said:

Thank you so much !

I love flowers and three have meaning for me. 

Blue bonnets because TX and I love seeing them.

Jasmine because it is my favorite flower and one of my names.

Lotus because it is the national flower of India. It also blooms in the mud and so a symbol of triumphing in adversity. 

I do not have the imagination so I would love any, two or all. 

Thank you once again.

I'm quoting this, because I'm eager to see what @Spy Carmakes for you!

@Dreamergal

I've been scouring the internet for days looking at images of bluebonnets (many nice choices) and lotus photos (which are ridiculously good) but it is  this simple elegant Jasmine flower w buds that is the one that keeps resonating as the one I'd pick.

If you feel the same, it's yours. Otherwise, I have other options.

Do adjust "the crop" if you use this one.

Bill

Y89saZQ.jpg

• Like 5

On 4/25/2021 at 8:36 AM, Lady Florida. said:

Oh Bill @Spy Car if it's not too late or too bold to ask, I'd like a new one too. I periodically change to add family or pets, but something that reflects my user name would be great. I love my state, warts and all and especially love the amazing biodiversity that most people aren't aware of because of the theme parks, crowded beaches and Florida Man. So, something Florida nature-y with the added aristocracy of the Lady Florida name. No gators please. This FSU alumna would not like that.

Would something like this suit you?

JQgonBU.jpg

• Like 8

On 4/25/2021 at 9:28 AM, Moonhawk said:

@Spy Car !!!

I did like your old one (and keenly enjoy typography and type design as art forms) so feel free to enjoy this one as long as you like, but don't hesitate on my account to replace it with a type design of your own anytime.

It is all just for fun.

Bill

Edited by Spy Car
  • Thanks 1

On 4/25/2021 at 11:28 AM, Moonhawk said:

@Spy Car !!!

I just now saw this one!  I LOVE it!

• Thanks 1