Menu

Covid-19 Vaccine Poll--help my dd with her paper

maize

Covid-19 Vaccine  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Do you plan to get the covid-19 vaccine as soon as it is available to you? (Answer Yes if you have already received the vaccine)

• Yes
    • No
    • Not Sure
  2. 2. If you answered No, do you expect to get the vaccine eventually?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not Sure
    • N/A
  3. 3. Do you perceive the risks of vaccination with currently available covid-19 vaccines to be greater than the risks of covid-19 infection?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not Sure

I just answered your daughters quiz, and then realized that she might not want international data (Canadian).

If she needs to remove my answers, they were 1)Yes, have already had vaccine, 2)N/A, 3)No.  I judge that the risk of covid infection is greater than the risk of vaccination.

ETA: I'm a front line HCW in an emergency department.  My exposure risk is high.

Edited by wathe

5 minutes ago, wathe said:

I just answered your daughters quiz, and then realized that she might not want international data (Canadian).

If she needs to remove my answers, they were 1)Yes, have already had vaccine, 2)N/A, 3)No.  I judge that the risk of covid infection is greater than the risk of vaccination.

ETA: I'm a front line HCW in an emergency department.  My exposure risk is high.

International is fine, thanks for answering!

I answered as well so if you don't want international votes

I voted I won't be rushing, at the moment I am in one of the very few safe countries. Yes I will get it eventually, no I don't think the risk is greater. 

I will hold off vaccination because of living in such a safe country hoping that it will save someone else in a country that needs it way sooner than me

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Does the last question refer to the risks of the vaccine (and risks of COVID infection) for the general public, or in the respondent's  particular situation?  Overall, I think the risk of the vaccine is lower; but, with a history of a severe allergic reaction, I am watching closely as information and guidance comes out.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bootsie said:

Does the last question refer to the risks of the vaccine (and risks of COVID infection) for the general public, or in the respondent's  particular situation?  Overall, I think the risk of the vaccine is lower; but, with a history of a severe allergic reaction, I am watching closely as information and guidance comes out.  

Simplest is probably how you feel about the risks for yourself, so maybe "not sure" in your case?

I voted not sure on the first, yes on the second, and no on the last. I am asplenic (no spleen) and have some issues from radiation tx many years ago. I'm closely watching recommendations for people in that group (large Facebook group of Hodgkin's Lymphoma survivors). Early recommendations were to wait a few months to see what side effects might happen, there was I believe some talk on which providers vaccine would be better. 

My town is still at the vaccinating health care workers phase and both I and my boyfriend are working from home. My bubble is very small, just 3 people who are also continuing to shelter as much as possible. So, I feel comfortable waiting a few months - which at this rate may be when I'm available to get the vaccine anyway. I probably will not change my routine much after getting the vaccine. 

• Thanks 1

I have already received dose 1 of the Moderna vaccine and am scheduled to receive dose 2 next week.  I am a healthcare worker and after all that we have seen, I have no fear of vaccine but am terrified of COVID.  The doctors I work with agree.  I had minimal side effects from dose one, no worse than when I get a flu vaccine. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I answered "not sure" for the last 2.  I'm not sure because, among other things, it's unclear how long the vax lasts.  I feel differently toward one single vax vs. having to get shot up repeatedly.  I am also in a relatively low risk category of people.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Carrie12345 said:

I voted yes, N/A, no. I do have concerns about a lack of long-term data but, given the public’s refusal to take adequate measures in other ways to save lives, this is the best I can do not just for my own self, but for others.

I voted the same for the same reasons.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Carrie12345 said:

I voted yes, N/A, no. I do have concerns about a lack of long-term data but, given the public’s refusal to take adequate measures in other ways to save lives, this is the best I can do not just for my own self, but for others.

This is pretty much where I am. It's not that I trust the vaccine or perceive that the risks of COVID-19 are greater. Taking the vaccine is the only thing I can do at this point to help the governing powers not have a leg to stand on for continuing what I feel is some of the overreach that has happened.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, vonfirmath said:

This is pretty much where I am. It's not that I trust the vaccine or perceive that the risks of COVID-19 are greater. Taking the vaccine is the only thing I can do at this point to help the governing powers not have a leg to stand on for continuing what I feel is some of the overreach that has happened.

That would not be where I am, but thank you for planning to take the vaccine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Carrie12345 said:

30 minutes ago, Kassia said:

I voted the same for the same reasons.  

No one knows whether the vaccine will prevent transmission.  There are other vaccines, like influenza and acellular pertussis, that protect the person who takes the vaccine but doesn't prevent the spread. Taking this one to prevent others from getting sick is not a factor in my decision process right now.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hopeallgoeswell said:

No one knows whether the vaccine will prevent transmission.  There are other vaccines, like influenza and acellular pertussis, that protect the person who takes the vaccine but doesn't prevent the spread. Taking this one to prevent others from getting sick is not a factor in my decision process right now.

This is another reason I said "not sure."  For me, the main reason to get vaccinated would be to protect others more vulnerable than myself.  So far I haven't heard any official word on whether it does this, which is odd, but maybe it's because the study period was short.

5 minutes ago, hopeallgoeswell said:

I don’t want to use someone’s project data to start a debate, I’m just trying to make my position clear to the student. I am aware of the limitations and the multiple other factors that improve outcomes in various ways.

• Like 1

I answered that I plan to get it as soon as I am able (as will my family).   I answered no, I do not think the vaccine risks are greater than Covid.    Covid poses a far greater threat than the vaccine at this point.  The only thing I can do is make the best decision I can for myself and my family based on the information available now.   With that information, the vaccine is safe, we will all get it, and hope this pandemic nightmare is ended soon.  Sadly so many have lost their lives or health that I know it will never end for many.  That is heartbreaking.

• Like 1

I will take the vaccine the second it is available to me and am chomping at the bit to do so. 

Unsurprisingly, I reason the risks of getting Covid vastly outweigh any risks from the vaccine (and the word "vastly" seems like a gross understatement in this sentence).

Bring it!

Bill

• Like 1