Menu

Subscription box recommendations for 17yo girl

skimomma

I am looking for modestly priced subscription box ideas as a Christmas gift.  There is so MUCH out there, I cannot narrow anything down.  Anyone have ideas?  I'd like 3-6 monthly deliveries.  Recipient is into sketching, painting, music, travel, all things outdoors/camping/hiking, and pampering/spa.  She is not really into makeup or nails.  And she hates knickknacks so consumables would be best.

• Like 1

since she likes travel do you think she'd like a subscription box with international foods?  I gave one to my DIL last Christmas that she enjoyed. It was called IndieFix and the snacks came from india.  

I gave another daughter one called ICONfitbox which she liked a lot.  She is into fitness and outdoorsy stuff.

5 minutes ago, PrincessMommy said:

since she likes travel do you think she'd like a subscription box with international foods?  I gave one to my DIL last Christmas that she enjoyed. It was called IndieFix and the snacks came from india.  

I gave another daughter one called ICONfitbox which she liked a lot.  She is into fitness and outdoorsy stuff.

Great ideas!  I thinks he'd LOVE the ICONfitbox but it looks like it is out of business.  I wonder if I can find something similar?

My daughter loved Vegan Cuts.  There are 3 different subscriptions: Makeup (which I see would not work for you), Beauty (skin and hair care) and snacks.

We are not vegan but my daughter only wants to use cruelty-free cosmetics so that's why I picked it. It was a lot of fun and seemed to be good value. Downside is that I found a few products I really liked and they were too expensive to keep buying. 😄

• Like 2

My daughter also did Sketchbox for a while. I can't remember too much but she liked it!

Universal Yums may be good as they send snacks from different countries and you learn a little bit about different locations. 

I follow a youtuber, Georgia Sunshine, who almost exclusively reviews subscription boxes and she has two teens. It may be good for ideas for you-and she gets Universal Yums so you can see what that box is like if you search her feed. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6z0HqEOyURm0WQY7hPmrgQ

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, klmama said:

Does she like perfumes?  Maybe she'd like a subscription from www.scentbox.com or www.scentbird.com.  

I think she would like perfume but unfortunately, I cannot tolerate it and we still live in the same house!  Even heavily scented hair/body products can set me off so we try to avoid them as much as possible.  That is one danger with the spa-type boxes.

1 hour ago, Gingersmomco said:

We have gotten Universal Yums for several years.

I checked that out and it looks good!  Do you happen to notice whether they have good ingredients, or a lot of artificial stuff and chemicals/colors?  Thinking of it for my teens.  Can a box be easily shared?  And if so, by how many?  I’m sorry for all the questions!  I’d never heard of it before!

10 minutes ago, Amethyst said:

I don’t even know what subscription boxes are! But looking at all these suggestions, I’m going to have to go research now! Maybe some Christmas ideas for my girls. 😀 

Ha! The Hive is SO good at this! So many things I never knew I needed until I came here! 😉 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

We LOVE Universal Yums.  I ordered it for my DD as part of her Countries and Cultures class this year and it has been a big hit.  My two kids usually share the smaller box and it's plenty for them.  This month, I splurged on the largest box because it is a Christmas Around the World theme.  Here's a referral code for $5 off if you want!  https://www.universalyums.com/?uy=y37yk8b2qy 

We have also done a lot of free tutorials from LetsMakeArt and they are wonderful.  I would happily try their subscription if we were looking for a monthly art box.