Menu

Email from Apple support asking me to verify my apple ID???

mlktwins

Below is the message I received and there is a verification tab at the bottom of my email to click on.  Just based on the poor writing in the first sentence, I am thinking this is a scam.  Do you agree?  I'm not planning to click on it!

YAhpuBG53TGozpAHofo0ccuqaMXtc83gT AwrAllM2rQVc8PKIh9xVAZc81AUZ36h7moA3dLoPiqG8uMOYggFqdl0nDt2NNbQUIXtGTaupPJXGa AfdyDKeTAIEpBV7DtVpJz7prGbSBQsUy9l5dm3r6iKG0eYSWgfPBUjB IcbRE4cew7cD5CGrG7yySE hz1hWiMwtrfa5UHWiL9NIGszOTGGjOEhr bThsADaX9UPepZt66bSFyleWy9zFPjdeRnU78NILypVS aEK28R9juPicfvhpvwFfatc651ESJaQ85etNPwVr6FlVsxRRfGNcW2CsP8IQNkkxBs from another devices.

For security reasons, w35FT2lK806eeyX5dnSGJV hTjelA1Wuzian2o3VqoqzovwdmTiQHBgbehAKLvVMSPM lADOyGup4kootgRf9A6QMnc13xMPssmKIk8VVWTlRIqBe6jrYP0jVR5dJT9GqY9iLU y0TzW0THRl8ocsrURGUAmwuG5QQMGyVzK azznyVnRnFDcvr6nLX3qiqcnywDOITNoSohnSVmyJElYuRhQYUm5YconOQnLdCe7ZStaHF3m216Gn .

PeiU4GyqMWTlAvtxHX9vejeNF1dIofKuva7ZebduaUG7syR3sPKPZF4eJdKKGc9wx3 vs4cWgGRHlieOk9ScZm182r6RgQmx3vt0izm5bJmsk3efSSOcu0Bh2Kyk8lQZYOcUH ydT4i5NVx7Yoca10Cw1Oe3uiOCUpl2DOW AV1zZk5xF35poffpgsmhGQplypxSejVs7l2N92xu7u9AezyqfnWXZDn I0ympwFUfkMDnnkxphrwc1 a7bzxHnToNhccNfPCcehIPc35Cn32Vvz7ow6jw40jXo6uFRUvqhXVOpnvRv8FyAlt9tsqGcmKcWsR, wd7t72jpZFDiOAfKIvISgCtcZ3sBpDoM5hF0C87Fswo8iADIpXbkq4Rn3h06ZCwn0I tsFI5OQKHN9hQYNjNvK8lPrao6aufnrTne9L3SRStlkGevAoItCDDLz dcvoiWjOJara7kDACec5QMyMLWBdQNrdjsqGefzBONVz, iFcjTmv7P1XflNsIZWiwNM ngEcKucWI01oIFd1jQxqpy vObMGuvncsBezYQctKEPdErRvU5wDVt4LisSwEjqAWT2fiSb85USJu5iYL03QxGwqLcHjnDxX483YaBl0mu6GMQBtRyWS1xPIuFidByRPwyU52o2Go32i9J4ZnUWY1yayNst idW4cyUZxyesz0uo3wWCFb pmk7Kl6ujUnec8KhlJBKGArzGAu4ErbR7fCDrKYcQTMvoHz3cgovs9Br38SD3WSu7tm1K7sefV59re0Qq32XsxQ2d9TBchE898G w39aA2FpXKzeOKPFORnHPD will delete your account completely.

Click on the verification button below to verify your account.

Edited by mlktwins
Poor writing :-)

Total scam!  One time I graded one of those emails that was sent to me and posted it on FB.  I think I suggested my friends contribute to a Go Fund Me to help pay for schooling for the poor grammatically challenged scammers .  Everyone deserves an education!  😄 Here it is: 

8476829A-B61F-4F87-B976-F6EA45CFBC32.jpeg

Edited by Garga
  • Haha 3

@mlktwins

Careful, though, they’re getting better with their grammar.  And sometimes they do a great job of counterfeiting what real emails look like.  As a final check if the grammar is spot on, you need to look at their email address.  Click on the “from” name until you can see the entire email address.  It’s always from some long, weird email address, and that’s a solid clue that it’s a scam.

Edited by Garga
  • Like 3

I got one of those from Amazon a few weeks ago.  Usually when you click on the sender's contact info, you can see it's not legit.  Amazon actually has an email where you can forward those scam emails, so they can investigate or at least record it.  I wouldn't be surprised if Apple has something similar.

• Like 1

Even if you think the email is about a real issue, which this isn't,  you can open the browser and access your account directly there.

Do NOT click any links because scammers will sometimes make a fake login page to collect your password and login from your input.

• Like 2

In the past couple weeks I've gotten at least one of these per day.  Once I got 5.  All of them are a scam.  If there's an issue with your apple ID, your device forces you to log in with the ID again, you don't get an email.  And this almost always happens pretty much only when you changed your Apple ID password on one device but didn't log into the other devices with the new password.

THis reminds me of the phone scam about "The warranty on your vehicle is about to expire"

1) Both of our vehicles are 2010, WHICH warranty is "About to expire" 

2) And why can't it go ahead and expire already? You've been warning me about this for over 2 years now!  I WANT it to expire so you will stop contacting me!

Last week I kept getting calls telling me that my iCloud account has been breached. Yeah. The iCloud account I don't have and have never had. 

On 2/2/2020 at 12:52 AM, rebcoola said:

They do send emails.  But they say something like : your account was logged into on new device xxx at 4:15pm if this was not you please reset your password or contact customer service.

I get those from Hulu. Usually it's ds who was at a friend's house and they wanted to watch something, but I always ask him just to be sure we weren't hacked.

44 minutes ago, vonfirmath said:

THis reminds me of the phone scam about "The warranty on your vehicle is about to expire"

1) Both of our vehicles are 2010, WHICH warranty is "About to expire" 

2) And why can't it go ahead and expire already? You've been warning me about this for over 2 years now!  I WANT it to expire so you will stop contacting me!

Yep. I get these. I also get calls from a generic warranty dept. "This is Ashley from the Warranty Department". I always asked warranty for what? Car? TV/ Computer? Which car? And so on. She just kept blathering on. It took me a few calls to realize "Ashley" isn't a live person. 😄 

Edited by Lady Florida.