Menu

Wreath

DawnM

My cleaner/stager told me to get a wreath for the front door.  I am so NOT a wreath person.

I have spent this evening looking at them online.  The only ones I sort of like are expensive!  

What do you have?  What do you like? 

We may end up with the house on the market for weeks or months, so no Easter or holiday, just something that could stay up there for a long time (season wise.)

What about something simple, like a boxwood wreath? You can dress it up to fit the seasons, or just leave it plain.

I love to make my own wreaths, but doesn't sound like you'd be into that! Just in case, here's an easy spring one I recently made:

Image may contain: flower and plant

Edited by PeachyDoodle
  • Like 12

25 minutes ago, DawnM said:

My cleaner/stager told me to get a wreath for the front door.  I am so NOT a wreath person.

I have spent this evening looking at them online.  The only ones I sort of like are expensive!  

What do you have?  What do you like? 

We may end up with the house on the market for weeks or months, so no Easter or holiday, just something that could stay up there for a long time (season wise.)

I think you must have missed this part of the conversation! 🤣 . But yes, they have nice ones!

5 minutes ago, Liz CA said:

Williams Sonoma has a nice little selection of wreath for all seasons.

Edited by DawnM
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Liz CA said:

But they are beautiful (well, I thinks so) and you are not selling the wreath with the house.  🙂

Yeah, I guess I just feel that is what is being said about everything I need.....

It looks like Wayfair has some similar.  I am looking now.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Liz CA said:

Hey, I just wondered if you can something wreath-like from a local nursery for much less than online?

it may be on the market a while.....are you thinking something alive?  Not sure that would work.

• Like 1

Just now, itsheresomewhere said:

Do you have a BJs membership?  They had some nice ones in for not too much. 

Otherwise, Michael’s should have a very decent coupon coming up for the made floral.  Buy one there. 

I literally have Saturday.  That is it.  I have to get some potted plants, a rug, take about 3 loads to storage, clean quite a bit, help son pack up to get back to college, and several other errands.  Sunday I am on the road 9 hours R/T to get son back to college and a quick trip with him and his roommates to the grocery store.  

Going to several stores is not in the cards and BJs is about 15 miles each way.  If I knew 100% that they had exactly what I needed and could go in and out with just that, I would do it, but I dont't have time to just shop around.

Personally, I would roll my eyes at a generic wreath for spring on a house for sale.

A strategically placed planter with spring flowers,  eg. Bulbs, primroses, or violets, I would consider natural.  Re: not an affectation.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, gardenmom5 said:

Personally, I would roll my eyes at a generic wreath for spring on a house for sale.

A strategically placed planter with spring flowers,  eg. Bulbs, primroses, or violets, I would consider natural.  Re: not an affectation.

A planter will be on the ground.  I don't have a place to put it higher up.  A wreath is on the door and is welcoming.  I am sorry that you would roll your eyes at it, but I am going with what the stager has told me to do as she does this for a living.

• Like 5

If you have a hobby lobby close, I bet you could almost certainly buy one there and they’d either be on sale or you could use the 40% off coupon. I’ve bought two there; one just greenery (magnolia leaves) and one that’s yellow, white, and green. I think it would be a one stop shop for you since you don’t really need anything specific, other than just a nice looking wreath. 

ETA: I 💕 wreaths and actually have to make sure I don’t have too many in my house where it looks ridiculous.😆

Edited by mmasc
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, mmasc said:

If you have a hobby lobby close, I bet you could almost certainly buy one there and they’d either be on sale or you could use the 40% off coupon. I’ve bought two there; one just greenery (magnolia leaves) and one that’s yellow, white, and green. I think it would be a one stop shop for you since you don’t really need anything specific, other than just a nice looking wreath. 

ETA: I 💕 wreaths and actually have to make sure I don’t have too many in my house where it looks ridiculous.😆

Unfortunately, I don't have one close-by.   Every craft/sewing store is about a 45 min,. to hour round trip, and I hate to make the trip if I don't know what they have in stock.

If I happen to be over that direction I will stop, but I am out of time.

I wish I knew someone who had one that I could just borrow.  I will probably use it in the next house, just because I have it, but I have never been into wreaths.

Edited by DawnM

10 hours ago, school17777 said:

My mom got me a cotton wreath from Wegmans for $25.  Target had similar ones in the Chip and Joann section.  You might find a nice simple one that would take you from now until fall there.

I am looking at Target online and most of them say "not in stores" but I could order.  

She just texted me more of what she wants me to get.  Large and bright.  I have a large house that sits very far back and has a huge wrap around porch, she wants it to stand out and be welcoming, as well as get potted flowers for the steps.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, DawnM said:

She just texted me more of what she wants me to get.  Large and bright.  I have a large house that sits very far back and has a huge wrap around porch, she wants it to stand out and be welcoming, as well as get potted flowers for the steps.

That actually sounds like a really good idea.  You might vary the sizes of the pots on the steps as well.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PrincessMommy said:

Any luck on finding a wreath?   

No, but plans have changed and DH has said he will take my son back to school Sunday, so I will be going shopping a little bit.  It is busy season for my accountant husband, so this is a huge sacrifice for him.  It is appreciated.

• Like 4

On 3/20/2019 at 9:38 PM, PeachyDoodle said:

What about something simple, like a boxwood wreath? You can dress it up to fit the seasons, or just leave it plain.

I love to make my own wreaths, but doesn't sound like you'd be into that! Just in case, here's an easy spring one I recently made:

Image may contain: flower and plant

I am not going to make one right now, but just out of curiosity, how much does it cost for materials for this?

My brother and I sold an empty house recently and our realtor did all that sort of stuff.  Have you asked if she has one you could borrow?

Eta:  our realtor did all the staging... I can imagine your realtor not touching the inside since you live there but her staging the outside seems reasonable.

Edited by happi duck
  • Like 1

On 3/21/2019 at 10:30 AM, DawnM said:

Have her pick one out, pay for it, and she can keep it after the sale of the house to use with another client!!!

22 minutes ago, happi duck said:

My brother and I sold an empty house recently and our realtor did all that sort of stuff.  Have you asked if she has one you could borrow?

Eta:  our realtor did all the staging... I can imagine your realtor not touching the inside since you live there but her staging the outside seems reasonable.

Yes, my dad's house is going on the  market soon.  My realtor is not staging with furniture, but she is the one putting little homey touches around the house.  Not me :-) !!!

• Like 1

On 3/20/2019 at 10:04 PM, itsheresomewhere said:

Do you have a BJs membership?  They had some nice ones in for not too much. 

Otherwise, Michael’s should have a very decent coupon coming up for the made floral.  Buy one there. 

And Michael's give a homeschool discount!

Dawn, I'm glad you found something that, well, even if you don't like it, seems like it will work for the purpose.  

I think making the house look welcoming from the street does help with sales. We had to do a lot of improvements to "curb appeal" when we have sold both our houses.  Stuff we didn't really care about that seemed like it shouldn't matter but I think it does.

After all, anyone can put a wreath on their door once they buy the house.  There are other more important things to consider when buying.  But I guess things like that set people up with a positive view of the house before they walk in the door, so they are more inclined to like it.  That's my uninformed pop psychology explanation, anyway! 

Hope your house sells quickly!

Edited by marbel
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, marbel said:

Dawn, I'm glad you found something that, well, even if you don't like it, seems like it will work for the purpose.  

I think making the house look welcoming from the street does help with sales. We had to do a lot of improvements to "curb appeal" when we have sold both our houses.  Stuff we didn't really care about that seemed like it shouldn't matter but I think it does.

After all, anyone can put a wreath on their door once they buy the house.  There are other more important things to consider when buying.  But I guess things like that set people up with a positive view of the house before they walk in the door, so they are more inclined to like it.  That's my uninformed pop psychology explanation, anyway! 

Hope your house sells quickly!

You can't even see my house from the street!  We are one of 4 homes on a cul-de-sac and our house sits half way up the hill on 2.5 acres, surrounded by trees.  But I guess just walking up to the house, it needs to look nice.

Google maps took a new picture of my house in December.  Here it is.  HA!  

We must have had friends over because from an arial view there are 4 cars at the top of my driveway and none of them are ours!  Now I am wondering who was over.

868653765_ScreenShot2019-03-24at4_56_05PM.thumb.png.e57b075c767c48c2fc9e956de05f8569.pngdidn't 

Edited by DawnM
  • Like 1