Menu

Please pray for my ex dh

ktgrok

I’ve spoken of him before. He is back in the hospital, in total kidney failure and in heart failure. And that they believe pancreatitis as well, caused by the kidney failure. He has already had one kidney transplant. They will not put them back on the transplant list for a kidney until they work out the heart issues. He was diagnosed with idiopathic cardiomyopathy a very long time ago in his 20s. But now his sister has had cardio myopathy as well, so there is a question as to what is causing it. They also need to rule out any normal arterial changes just from being in his 40s now.My son is too young to lose his father. Please pray they figure out how best to help my ex and that he is released from the hospital with a plan.And pray for my son as well, Michael, that he handles all of this as best as can be expected. He has his own issues with depression and anxiety.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 23

I'm so sorry.  I will pray for you all.  

Just an idea, my daughter ended up in hospital with kidney failure, pancreatitis, as well as other organs beginning to fail and she was diagnosed with atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome.  It is ultra rare so took a bit to get diagnosed but now on her medication she's doing well.

https://www.ahus.org/diagnosis/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5056489/  

42 minutes ago, Splash1 said:

I'm so sorry.  I will pray for you all.  

Just an idea, my daughter ended up in hospital with kidney failure, pancreatitis, as well as other organs beginning to fail and she was diagnosed with atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome.  It is ultra rare so took a bit to get diagnosed but now on her medication she's doing well.

https://www.ahus.org/diagnosis/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5056489/  

I'll pass that on, but he was diagnosed with IGA Nephropathy when he was a teenager, via biopsy. Then in his twenties developed cardiomyopathy suddenly, and almost needed a transplant. The heart got better, but when his kidneys failed a few years ago the heart got worse again. Then he had a kidney transplant. But that one has been failing for a while, and here we are again. Complicating things is that his sister had cardiomyopathy and heart failure about a year or so ago, totally out of the blue, and had a heart transplant. 

And yet somehow the cardiologist my ex has been seeing doesn't think that is linked. I don't think they've done any genetic testing. It's weird. 

I did take my DS to a cardiologist for screening, and everything was good at that time (echo, EKG, etc). Just in case. 

1 hour ago, Ktgrok said:

I'll pass that on, but he was diagnosed with IGA Nephropathy when he was a teenager, via biopsy. Then in his twenties developed cardiomyopathy suddenly, and almost needed a transplant. The heart got better, but when his kidneys failed a few years ago the heart got worse again. Then he had a kidney transplant. But that one has been failing for a while, and here we are again. Complicating things is that his sister had cardiomyopathy and heart failure about a year or so ago, totally out of the blue, and had a heart transplant. 

And yet somehow the cardiologist my ex has been seeing doesn't think that is linked. I don't think they've done any genetic testing. It's weird. 

I did take my DS to a cardiologist for screening, and everything was good at that time (echo, EKG, etc). Just in case. 

Read more on it, and printed out a bunch of PDFs of studies and info for my son to take to his dad when he visits today. Not sure they have tested for this at all, but it DOES fit a lot of stuff with him. 

Honestly, I REALLY wish they would get a genetics team working with him. He has so much going on, plus the sister, and I cannot believe there is not some genetic syndrome or something more at play here. He has a history of GI issues that SCREAMED celiac but isn't (I think they did biopsies at one point), skin issues, chronic headaches that are not quite typical migraines, pectus-excavatum severe enough to require surgery as a child but that reoccurred, keloid scarring, cardiomyopathy, and kidney failure diagnosed as IGA Nephropathy but that progressed much more seriously than most cases. 

Plus depression/anxiety.