Menu

Special Sunday Teachers Lounge 1-14-2018

scrapbookbuzz

May you all have a wonderful Sunday! And may your 2018 be less bumpy than mine has started!

UPDATE on my Mom, for those of you that have been following my news: she was called Home to Heaven this morning. I'm happy for her for she is in a new body, can visit with past family members, and no longer suffer. It's those of us left behind that must figure out how to carry on. And we will!

Refreshments in the lounge today: mini double chocolate donutes, Boulder Canyon Avocado Oil chips (plain and cracked black pepper w/sea salt), and tea.

What are you up to today? Here: taking one moment at a time. And going to do laundry to make sure I have enough cold weather clothes for my trips to Illinois. Family is at church. Not sure I could function through a service right now. Not because I don't like my church family - I do! - but because I would probably just be a blithering mess through the whole thing. I may go hole up in a Starbucks somewhere and focus on my herbal studies - a happy place for me.

:001_wub: you all!

Talk to me. :bigear:

I'm sorry for the loss of your mom. Even though you can rejoice for her, grief is real.

I'm home from church for the 2nd Sunday because of bronchitis. We need to start school tomorrow, so I'm trying to get my head around everyone's schedules (oldest 2 have new schedules since they take DE classes). Ugh.

• Like 1

Hugs!!

Today I'm in a cranky mood because I slept terribly and I'm worried about my dog who injured herself when our steps collapsed yesterday. She's limping pretty bad but can bare weight on the leg a little bit. I'm watching closely and will take her to the vet if she isn't improving by tomorrow.

We are just hanging out at home until 4 or so when we'll head to my mil's for dinner. Tonight I'd like to write a bit

• Like 1

I'm so sorry for your loss, Scrap.  :grouphug:

Today is laundry and organizing.  I dumped out a bin of Things That  Were Packed Just Right a few weeks ago and can't figure out how to get them back in again!  :svengo:  Therefore, each item has been looked at and decided if I really wanted to keep it.  Ugh.  It's all pre-k through 1st material we used and loved.  I won't be having any more kids, but I thought I'd keep it all around for grandchildren. Or extra kids that come over.  Or...

I'm taking a break and going through it again in a bit.  Maybe I can find more to cut.  Or figure out how to pack.

• Like 1

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug: Dear Scrap.  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

My grandmother was just taken to the hospital by ambulance this morning. Apparently is now stable. She's been in and out of hospitals the past 6 months, it seems every other week.

The kids are sick but my mom insisted on having them today. So other than the baby it is all-quiet here. Taking the opportunity to sit with a coding course I need to learn. 

I hope that, if Starbucks sounds like good place, you are able to go out and do that later today. I'm half-tempted to join you, lol, but drive-thru's don't quite have that same study-quality ;)

And thank you for the refreshments! I'm going to make guac and am willing to share with the Lounge, so long as people can have it with the avocado oil chips :)

Edited by Moonhawk
  • Like 1

Oh, Scrap, I am so sorry for your loss. Praying for you to have the peace which passes understanding.

Regular Sunday here. We've been to church. Lunch is self-serve. I am reading and enjoying hot tea and choc chip cookies. Dd is playing piano. Dh and ds are watching football.

A restful day.

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 1

Hugs to you. So sorry for your loss.I'm a mess at church, too. I would have stayed home as well. 

I had a lovely, donut "refreshment" after 2 hours of tennis this morning - double chocolate from Tim Horton's. It was delicious.  After tennis I took my 2 classical guitar kids to their guitar performance, and this evening I'll take my 2 violin kids to their violin rehearsal with accompanist. Their solo recital is in 2 weeks. It's the crunch time where we find out if all that practice has been effective. Sometimes I wish my ds 13 would stop making this time seem like a cliff-hanger every recital.  :nopity:

• Like 1

May you all have a wonderful Sunday! And may your 2018 be less bumpy than mine has started!

UPDATE on my Mom, for those of you that have been following my news: she was called Home to Heaven this morning. I'm happy for her for she is in a new body, can visit with past family members, and no longer suffer. It's those of us left behind that must figure out how to carry on. And we will!

Refreshments in the lounge today: mini double chocolate donutes, Boulder Canyon Avocado Oil chips (plain and cracked black pepper w/sea salt), and tea.

What are you up to today? Here: taking one moment at a time. And going to do laundry to make sure I have enough cold weather clothes for my trips to Illinois. Family is at church. Not sure I could function through a service right now. Not because I don't like my church family - I do! - but because I would probably just be a blithering mess through the whole thing. I may go hole up in a Starbucks somewhere and focus on my herbal studies - a happy place for me.

:001_wub: you all!

Talk to me. :bigear:

:grouphug:

I'm sorry about your mum.

• Like 1

It's Monday here. I nearly didn't go to church yesterday due to a painful hip making it hard to walk. But pushed through. I kind of wish I hadn't because some things said upset DH which in turn upset me and neither of us slept well and now I don't feel great. I think stress causes Gi issues for me or something.

Anyway we aren't back to school yet and don't have plans so I guess today is a potter around day and hopefully get the schoolroom in order.

• Like 1

It's so bittersweet when a loved one is freed from the suffering of an earthly body. Peace to you all who are mourning your loss. 

Dd has knee surgery tomorrow, so I'm getting things arranged around the recliner for her. Also doing all the things that she'd normally do for herself to get packed up to return to campus, hopefully by next weekend. After that, I'll grading a big stack of papers and making new seating charts. 

I think we'll go out for a drive, just to get her out of the house this afternoon. We may partake of refreshments, but we did that last night and the cheesecake I got at Barnes and Nobles cafe yesterday was a huge letdown. 

• Like 1