Menu

Should I take the Young Living plunge?

1GirlTwinBoys

Do I dare ask this here? :)

I wouldn't take any EO internally and I already use some cheap oils for cleaning that work fine. I'm mostly interested in them for diffusing. I tried a cheap diffuser from Michael's but the smell only lasted maybe half hour.  I was hoping the YL diffusers and oil would work better. They also have some cleaning supplies I'm interested in.

Thoughts??

I like the oils from Young Living, doTerra, Plant Therapy and Aromatics International. I do not believe YL and doTerra oils are the only high quality oils on the market but they do have some things I love that I can't get other places. I usually buy from Plant Therapy first. 

• Like 1

Rocky Mountain oils are not MLM and they are great quality. This is what I use. Skip all the MLM drama. I love diffusing oils during our school day. It truly puts everyone in a better mood. And I diffuse certain blends when we’re sick or have a bad cough and it seems to help. Plus my house smells awesome.

• Like 3

Do you mind sharing which oils you use daily and when sick?

Sure.

My kids love anything citrus in the morning when we do school. Citrus Blend or Citrus Passion are favorites.

At Peace is nice when we’re having a rough day.

I have Ouchie in a roller bottle and it’s seriously amazing for mosquito bites or small cuts and bruises.

I diffuse Immune Strength when we’re sick. They also have Flu Time but I haven’t tried it yet.

I diffuse lavender in the evening.

Peppermint is great for when we have a cough.

Purify is great too. I diffuse that during sickness.

Eucalyptus is supposed to be good for coughs but I have asthmatics so I’m not comfortable using that one. I’ve read it can be a problem sometimes.

I keep it pretty basic. I do feel like when I diffuse the immune one at the first sign of sickness that not everyone comes down with whatever sickness we have at the house.

Whether it works or not my house smells good and I feel like I’m trying to do something.

My kids love choosing our oil for the day and my hubby even enjoys the scents. And I love that the prices are reasonable and the company has great customer support. No selling to others. No minimums. I even have one of their diffusers and really like it. So I’m a huge fan of their stuff. I’ve tried both YL and doTerra. I liked their scents but not the push toward buying and selling. I was so thankful a friend told me about this company. Now I don’t have to worry about that.

• Like 1

Rocky Mountain oils are not MLM and they are great quality. This is what I use. Skip all the MLM drama. I love diffusing oils during our school day. It truly puts everyone in a better mood. And I diffuse certain blends when we’re sick or have a bad cough and it seems to help. Plus my house smells awesome.

Yes that's where we get our oils and we LOVE the blend they sell called Attention.

You can buy quality essential oils that AREN'T part of an MLM. True, Young Living has been around about 30years

and I've eyed some of their EOs that I don't have yet. But I have a really hard time supporting a company who teaches their

reps that ingesting EOs on a daily basis is acceptable, regardless of which blends have been "approved by the FDA."

There are so many other essential oil places you can order from that won't also come with an MLM price tag. I'd do your research and find one of those that suits your needs.

Edited by scrapbookbuzz
  • Like 3

Are any of these companies selling oils that are for internal use ?  I have a coworker who touts YL as the absolute best because you can drink it LOL!   But I just want some to diffuse and maybe clean and didn't know if that really makes a difference?  And any vanilla?   That's all my hubby wants to smell!

Edited by Supertechmom
  • Like 1

Are any of these companies selling oils that are for internal use ? I have a coworker who touts YL as the absolute best because you can drink it LOL! But I just want some to diffuse and maybe clean and didn't know if that really makes a difference? And any vanilla? That's all my hubby wants to smell!

There are lots from Rocky Mountain Oils and Mountain Rose herbs that smell quite yummy, I recommend trying a few based on their descriptions and reviews if you don't have a local place where you can smell in person. The blends can be quite nice too.

No. I dislike MLM companies that claim their said company has the only pure oils on the market, astronomical prices, and promote unsafe usage. I like Edens Garden for affordable oils with transparency of third party testing of purity. Plant Therapy is another good one.

• Like 4

Are any of these companies selling oils that are for internal use ?  I have a coworker who touts YL as the absolute best because you can drink it LOL!   But I just want some to diffuse and maybe clean and didn't know if that really makes a difference?  And any vanilla?   That's all my hubby wants to smell!

PLEASE do your research on the safety of ingesting essential oils. For the most part, there is absolutely NO reason to ingest an essential oil. Keep in mind essential oils and herbs, while both from plants, react VERY differently internally. Also, essential oils are HIGHLY concentrated plant constituents. It takes 150 pounds of the lavender plant to make one pound of the essential oil. Most can drink one cup of lavender tea (made from the herb) without adverse side effects. The same is not true for drinking the essential oil. If there IS ever a reason to ingest an essential oil, it should ONLY be under the educated guidance of a certified herbalist or aromatherapist. Most MLMers are not properly educated on this.

• Like 8

PLEASE do your research on the safety of ingesting essential oils. For the most part, there is absolutely NO reason to ingest an essential oil. Keep in mind essential oils and herbs, while both from plants, react VERY differently internally. Also, essential oils are HIGHLY concentrated plant constituents. It takes 150 pounds of the lavender plant to make one pound of the essential oil. Most can drink one cup of lavender tea (made from the herb) without adverse side effects. The same is not true for drinking the essential oil. If there IS ever a reason to ingest an essential oil, it should ONLY be under the educated guidance of a certified herbalist or aromatherapist. Most MLMers are not properly educated on this.

I totally agree. Besides all the other reasons in this thread, I won't buy from an mlm because I don't like the justification of poorly conducted studies, and the spreading of "wisdom" like the seller is a medicine woman of old.

If you really believe they work, then you really have to respect their purpose and power, and research them thoroughly.

• Like 1

I LOVE my Young Living oils. I don’t sell though. I joined because the kit is really a great deal, and I do the auto ship every month so I earn free oils, which I love. The longer you stay on auto ship (and you can change the order every month, so I am just building my stash), the more points you get toward free oils. My daughter has been doing it a while and she gets a LOT of goodies (she doesn’t really sell either, although she does have some in-laws that regularly add to her wholesale order which helps her meet goals I rarely meet).

I know there are other quality oils out there, but YL has some blends and rollerballs (deep relief is a winner for sure) I am obsessed with, and I know they are really careful with where they source their oils. I also like other products they sell.

Edited by StaceyinLA
  • Like 2

Completely agree......I just gave my co-worker the side eye......  My doctor prescribes Doterra oils and has never prescribed any to ingest.    But they are always adding a drop of this and drop of that to their drinks.

• Like 1

I just rounded up all the various oils I have around the house and didn't realize I had such a collection.  How do people organize them as obviously I have rather failed at the put them in a cabinet and use them method.    I ,at least now, know what I have and have it in one location.  Any great ideas for storage of these little oily bottles?

I just rounded up all the various oils I have around the house and didn't realize I had such a collection.  How do people organize them as obviously I have rather failed at the put them in a cabinet and use them method.    I ,at least now, know what I have and have it in one location.  Any great ideas for storage of these little oily bottles?

I've seen people use something like a spice rack hanging on the wall.  Personally I've got a couple of cases that I keep them on my countertop.  One for roller and one for regular bottles.  The carrier oils are all stuffed in a cupboard though and could benefit from a better organization but I haven't gotten that far yet.

I just rounded up all the various oils I have around the house and didn't realize I had such a collection. How do people organize them as obviously I have rather failed at the put them in a cabinet and use them method. I ,at least now, know what I have and have it in one location. Any great ideas for storage of these little oily bottles?

I have a glass food storage container that I keep them all in and I keep that in the fridge.