Menu

My birthday

LinRTX

It's my birthday and I'm working at our fine arts school. So I have to be pleasant. All I want to do is cry. I want my birthday phone call from my son. But it will not come. It will never come again. He died five months ago. So this is my cry.

:sad: how very heartbreaking. I hope you made it through work okay. It must have been so hard to keep "it" together there. 

I hesitate to say "Happy Birthday" especially as your grief is so fresh, so I'll just say this: "Birthday."  :grouphug:

Enjoy a good cry tonight. And I'm so very, very sorry for the loss of your boy. 

• Like 1

It's my birthday and I'm working at our fine arts school. So I have to be pleasant. All I want to do is cry. I want my birthday phone call from my son. But it will not come. It will never come again. He died five months ago. So this is my cry.

It's a year of firsts. I'm sorry you have to revisit it again and again from all different angles. So, so sorry.

• Like 1

I am so sorry. A friend of mine who lost her daughter, asks “the universe†for a dream visit from her daughter sometimes. I know these dreams help her healing journey. May you receive a dream visit from your son, if that would be healing for you.

I'm so sorry, Linda.  I know it can't be anything like your grief, but I have a similar longing to hear my mom's voice again, and it frequently brings me to tears.  If I imagine what that might feel like losing a son...my heart breaks. 

I hope that people are gentle with you today. I hope that you know you are loved, appreciated, and that your being here makes the world a much better place. 

:grouphug:

Edited by Halftime Hope