Menu

Prayers please

lewber

I guess it's my turn. My 84 year old dad is in the hospital for emergency surgery. And me- with all my medical anxiety- I'm left in charge overnight until surgery in the morning. I feel as good as I can about it all, but any extra positive vibes, thoughts and prayers for his health and my advocacy would be very appreciated!

• Like 2

Had to move back the surgery a few hours to get his blood levels in line. So, we're still waiting. DH took over so I could come shower. Dad is calm, tired, anxious to get on with it, and probably has no idea what he's in for. He's never had surgery before. I've been staying off the internet as well. Probably for the best I don't know what I'm in for either:)

• Like 2

Had to move back the surgery a few hours to get his blood levels in line. So, we're still waiting. DH took over so I could come shower. Dad is calm, tired, anxious to get on with it, and probably has no idea what he's in for. He's never had surgery before. I've been staying off the internet as well. Probably for the best I don't know what I'm in for either:)

Keep us posted. We will keep up the prayers.

He's still doing well. I'm on night duty again but he's in ICU tonight and resting pretty well until about an hour ago when he was awake and bored. My boring stories put him back to sleep for now:)

We're hoping for continued recovery without complications. His pain is being well managed and for now he's doing well.

I've been so educated these past few days. He has had wonderful care, but it is so important to have a medical advocate on your side to communicate. I'm very fortunate to have some good friends in the medical community who are helping me learn.

• Like 1